forum

Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
memkip
zedd00
It probably originated from the time i was into electro and pop music, i really liked Zedd (the DJ) so i thought,, "Hey why not make it my username?" but it was ocuppied so i added the double zeros as something i thought was cool, i read it as zedd-o
Kinda silly lol
leftforkilling
i thought about it years ago when i wanted to trick people to think i was a different person in a tf2 trade server, no it didnt work, yes i was really young and i did it for no reason
-Akeno
So my ign is Aleks0 is my name (it Russian no bully pls) and then a 0 because 99% of the time some one has Aleks so I just put a number in my name
Totoryu
I really liked Totoro when I was young.

Still think it's awesome.
keremaru
kids in middle school kept calling me caramel

so i turned it into keremal (c sounds like k, just flipped around the e's and the a)

now i want it to be kere because it's shorter, easier and i like it but nobody will give me supp :^(
Neosk
An old friend I had on discord in 2017 pretty much came up with the name for me lol
Naven6002
[IGNORE THIS I WAS YOUNG AND DUMB]
DangerusDuck27
So... i was playing in all videogames with the nickname ¨¨duck¨¨,but in someway,my friends created a competitive Team fortress 2 team called ¨¨dangerous¨¨,so my name came from that.
I loved how is DangerusDuck was XD.
kirumi122
my name came from my real name Kirsten and since I like the name Kurumi so I combined it. The numbers are my birthdate
MisakiTobisawa-
I simply had a tsundere obsession at the time, but in true fact I love all waifus
AeternaXVIII
“Aeterna” (eternal in latin) is from the song Lux Aeterna, which has been used in the movie Requiem for A Dream, which means a lot to me.
“XVIII” represents my favorite card in tarot, The Moon.

My name used to be: *realName*FairyTail, and oh yes did I regret it. And yes I was obsessed with fairytail. Oh god.
KatouMegumi
Originally, it is a character's name from Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata series.
But the thing is, I got this username because of my friend who loved the said character. I wanted to prank him, haha. Anyway, after actually watching it myself, I ended up liking Eriri instead (As of November 15th, 2019 I currently have her as my avatar picture.), which some people don't like me for. Haha.
RVMathew
username: my real name
Saen
Idk, i just thought it would look cool
Syako
My little pony ^^
Lidiloth
My childhood name i made up in a RPG
Phoenix999Osu
Phoenix came from the fact that it was the first thing I thought of when I was 11 and making a username that didn't include my actual name. Then I used the name for basically everything that I signed on. Soon I logged on to Osu and didn't really want to spend too much time making a name, hence Phoenix999Osu.

Ironic is that I used 888 as the numbers behind almost all my usernames, but I chose 999 for Osu instead. Why I did that, I'll never know.
sisig
Came from a popular Filipino food I thought of at mass and changed it that instant since I had supporter
Vampella
Astellis
My friend gave it to me one day and now I always use it
Zaike
It's from my real name "Zaikov" and it's my real nickname as well.
(pronounced like Psych but with Z)
[ O Y O] baa
im not legally allowed to talk about that
c0bica
So long ago my name was Sornoxi but a friend in discord made a typo and called me Cornoxi. Since then, people kept calling me corn or corn on the cob. Sometime later I was going through a phase where I placed the letter o with zero. o --> 0 So I started calling myself c0b and later I discovered osu! I felt like my name was too short so I smashed my keyboard and went with it. c0bica :)
resunwonknu
I had all the user names which I always used taken by somebody else so I just reversed it
XRedKiller
I dony really know, i used a simillar name in mc prev "XTheRedKiller" i was naming my self TheRedKiller but it felt not complete so i added an X and the red cuz its badass idk, to add extra badassness Killer is added, now i cut off the The and it has became XRedKiller cool enough
clayton
the city next to the one I was born in (my parents weren't that creative, apparently)
misax
My name is Misa but i added an X because it looks cool
Minion24
first: it's not related to the minions from despicable me, everytime somebody sees my name and says "banana" i slightly get triggered

ok, now for the origin of my username, well... my brother simply came up with it while we were trying to find an username to use on minecraft, but the username i chose for osu was Minion_Gamer, i began heavily regretting that username but i couldn't afford a supporter tag to change it, until i got gifted one on my birthday (cause i took part in a profile pic collab and didn't have supporter) and i finally changed my username to Minion24
W-Day
First of all, my nickname should've been Wan-Day, but I spelled W-Day for some reason. WanDay is a misspelling for One Day, and I noticed that after few years of using that nickname :D
AwfulAccuracy
um about that.
Razor
i choose razor because im dead inside
Sasami-san
Sasami-san is best girl so my reasoning should be clear
shmowzoww
Adventure Time! When Finn said Shmowzow in one of the first episodes, so I thought it would make a pretty interesting username :P
Kyekai
first username was based off elfen lied's opening
people eventually just started calling me pirn instead of priest (alias from other rg communities) and it kinda stuck
Totoryu
totoro
jaaay
Mine from my brain
Mr Sonic
I took my name inspiration from a character that made my childhood, Sonic, but with the "Mister" addressing.
D-G-W
My username comes from the first letters from my real name.
Arkino
Arkiino was my instagram name in 2017 that i made up. No longer is anymore but i go by arkino still sometimes.
show more