forum

Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Dialect
rip my username from an arms character but change the spelling a bit..
FranxxHiro02
I got my username from my favorite anime, Darling In The Franxx. Since I saw the first episode I was drawn into it and I'm happy at where it ended, but it doesn't hurt to get a season two.
Meguro
from the PnF cartoon
andrewUL
Real name plus two random letters. About the other two names I had, one of them is a word, the other is a nickname I used to use in other games
Refills
i have absolutely no idea
and no it's not from league
sheepfish
so. my username "sheepfish" is actyally pretty simple. "fish" because im pisces and "Sheep" because i was born during year of the sheep.
orangesunrise_old
Most of my usernames/nicknames on various places of the internet are weather/nature related. I like the sunrise, so I decided to choose a username that reflected it.
tgnehs
i was thinking of a name to use for a throwaway spam gmail, when i somehow came up with tgnehs
my last name is shen, so i took that and flipped it over to get nehs.

the tg stands for "that guy", as i was called by my friends as "that guy shenpai" in public (ahh my friends are weebs). turns out tgnehs looked pretty unique and collected that i used it as my main.

meh, it sounds better than my old usernames TheShadows3dge and 5H33P_H473R
Lilou
from my passion :^
ZisonZishen
my Chinese name called Wang zishen,and i was called Wandown in English...and I have to.say it's strange
so I got a strange idea:to use my name in chinglish(half of Chinese,half of English):zison
zison reads just like zishen in chinese..
so.zisonzishen
Xirai
I once read a Manga and one of the main characters name was Rai.

I was playing online games back then and the name Rai was taken. So I chose Xirai sounds nice and used that.

But in some games Xirai was also taken, so in some games I am known as Xirain. The "Irritant" / "lightly acid" rain, which is fun, cause I am working a lab and I know that Xi is short for irritant...
Rakuyo
Mine came from a weapon from one of my favourite games, Bloodborne(specifically from The Old Hunters DLC). It means "Falling Leaf" and thought that It'd be a nice name go by. Also because I originally wanted to use "Naikou"(meaning Introvert and how I usually go by) but someone else already took it so Rakuyo it is.
_MarcoPolo
My name is kind of my real name .. My name is Marco sooooo I thought MarcoPolo sounds funny and there it is _MarcoPolo =)
SolarCell27
It's really easy to figure it out.
Everyone should be familiar to Solar Cell, which means "solar battery" :D I have a big impression to that word (and that source of electricity, probably) so I chose it to be my name.
And "27", hmm... 3x3x3. Illuminati confirmed :D
Compose these things, and we have "SolarCell27".
im cute
I liked the name Moko and my nickname is Kobe so it goes hand in hand
Not from rafis
l1mi
My first name on the Internet was my real life name but that was around 1995-96 and then the use of alias became more and more popular. This guy, I think it was a clan mate kept nagging at me that I had to get an alias. So one day when I launched q95.bat it said "loaded 1mb image" in the command lines and there it was. My very own alias. Laziest name pick ever.. you cant beat me there.

(q95.bat = single and muiltiplayer that featured multiplay over the impressive TCP/IP protocol)
(quake.exe = only singleplayer)
zKillock
I love Killua so...
Orofil
I tried to write "profile" really fast.
Gehnter
My username got inspired by my teacher in middle school. His real name is REDACTED But instead of just using REDACTED I changed it up to Gehnter. I use Gehnter as my username on almost everything.
magalphs
my cat's nickname
pentaqola
i combined pentagon and cola... then i just changed c to q... simple as that...
plus it has 4 syllables... and coca cola has 4 of them too so i think why not?
Acerbus_old_1
I was searching words in Latin and I picked the first one that sounded good to me, although I don't feel identified with the meaning of the word.
Regurus
only mushroom comes up when i think about favorite vegetable
Tenpii
It comes from Pie (way too common a word to use). I actually don't like names with numbers but I haven't come up with anything better. :)
Skid3422
My user Is Skid3422. I got it from my Cousin, who kept on calling me Skid.
Jackagate
I was 12 and making a PSN name and my dad spitballed a random combination of my first and last name and it stuck.

Thanks, Dad.
KayRift
I put the first letter of my real name "K" in a random generator and it gave me trash names. The best out of them was "Kay". It is basically the sound of the letter spelled out. I then put Kay into the generator and it just put a bunch of stupid words at the end such as "KayMeister" and "KaySpoon". I went down the list and chose the one that sounded easy to remember and could eventually lead to cool art work. Such as a rift opening up in the earth in the shape of a K. Rift means like a crack, split, or a break in something. So I went with KayRift because i would be able to bring it a lot of places and not have it be used by 100million people like my usual one is lol.
shinra
KogekiOsu

drum drum wrote:

Inspired by the question from ztrot's interview on osu!talk: http://youtu.be/8COmLt0IBRs?t=54m38s[/notice:1337]
A bunch of times people will think of a username related to their childhood, whether they do it by intention or not. This is not always the case, however, some people chose theirs because they either liked the way it sounded or thought it was cool. Everyone is different, of course.

For me, I chose "drum drum" for a reason I don't entirely remember. But I believe it's based on my past fascination with drums of all sorts. When I was a child my grandmother bought me a cheap Indian drum which I loved a lot (and then it broke of course). Around middle school I had a Djembe drum that I loved to play a lot. And finally in High school my parents bought me an electric drum kit (which I never anymore use because it lacks a tom and doesn't sound that great). Now here I am playing Taiko on osu!, funny how life works.

Nathanael wrote:

I'd really like to see replies from the staff
Staff replies
Writing...
Note: all bolded names have channel operator status on the chat service
HeatKai
Maeglwn
Stefan
Krah
Desperate-kun
BeatofIke
IamKwaN
DakeDakaane
Fycho

Just a japanese traduction of "offensive"
DireWoof122
My username originated from me just liking the word "Dire" so I was like okay that'll be my username from now on and now this has been official for about three years now, almost everyone I've ever met and became friends with on the internet knows me as Dire. A few call me by my real name but that's it
Professional
My current name comes from a song
https://youtu.be/BVLw59jxm-c?t=45s

Around 1:50 :
"DiscoDop regner inni bussen for å si det mildt"

Basiaclly translates to:
"Disco Dope (mdma, lsd ect) raining in my crib to put ut blunt"
Aidan
MisakiSakaki
Another!
My ship Kōichi and Mei's last name.
It's been 3 years since I have this username and I still love it!
When i turn support i'll think a similar ones.
Disappear
My old username, Yami Yami chan originates from the one and only To Love ru character Yami, and I was thinking of a name for my Xbox Live account years back. And apparently I thought of that and it was the best decision of my life cause everyone would be saying my name saying it's funny or cool or whatever. I would have other versions of this name like just Yami or what I use a lot more recently Yamisu~ which is a kind of a slang in Japanese where you would say your name and add "su" at the end of your name. In english it would kinda sound like someone sayings "name" here! or something like that.

Then I had depression and bunch of other garbage and changed my name to Disappear, not only liking HD at the time but how I felt at the time. Now Disappear has been another username I use to this day for other things. So I kinda switch between Yamisu, Yami Yami chan, and Disappear.
edvin184
My first nickname was AllFiles, because i was almost 7 and i made my youtube channel planning to review all games on earth. then i decided to change it to a misspelling, which was OllFilez.
Now it's Wachininko which is konnichiwa backwards (if you reverse the order of konnichiwa in japanese, then it will be wa chi ni n ko)
Geromu Keretem
Well, I wanted my name to sound asian, because asians get a lot of respect just for being asian. I created the name, after 3 months I finally decide to check what asian names look like. Then I realised Geromu isnt asian AT ALL, but by the time of mi realization ive started being known as Geromu in the community, so I think im gonna stick with the name as it is.
Hitsuki
My name comes from the lead singer of Nirvana, Kurt Cobain, but I added "Skrrt" because it sounds similar to "Kurt", hence SkrrtCobain. I don't why honestly.
chashuramen
I just really like char siew ramen.
RhagnarrL
My name originates from 2 mythology's Ragnar Lothbrok from the vikings and L in the name stands for Lucifer Morningstar ( aka the devil ) .
AngeLicAlisa
My username is a combination of "Angelic Layer" (title of a very old anime) and Alisa Bosconovitch (from Tekken since I main her in the game). Somehow, the main character's angel' from the anime (a robot toy) had a very similar design with Alisa then decided I came up with this username.
show more