forum

Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bayley
my name for almost everything was taken which was Mythify. I got that name from just adding ify to random words and at the time I had a mythology book in front of me :)

But sadly Mythify was taken so I just took my irl name Bayley (I know I'm boring :o)
Gero
Gero is an abbreviation of my real name also because my friends in real life call me that.
Elicchi_old
As much as I want to put something cool about my username, I don't know if there are significant facts for it lol.
Elicchi is a nickname given to Ayase Eli. I thought she's the best character in the series so I decided to go with her name, but "Eli" is too short so I just took the nickname her bestfriend calls her.
Mati_old_1
From my name.
Lagel
My thought process when i was 7 playing world of warcraft
Keihyan
Kei is from my real name and 1koh2 is from ...from .. I cant remember :)
Kiiwa
Kiiwa is an altered version of the Maori name Kiwa. Duh.
Wind_14
My name ?? if my surname is translated to english, it means "Wind"...and 14 is taken from my year's graduation of highschool and also my generation (my generation is the 14th generation in my highschool LOL)
Friendan
Brendan + Friend = Friendan
too bad I hate the kid who made it up
chaee
Nickname an old friend gave me
-Seren-

and also

it's a nice name
[Polybius]
It was a joke from back in my xbox days.
troke
S-Troke
wow newpage
XinCrin
Xin is a nice word and Crin from my real name ; Cristian
deletemyaccount
Gave the h from philanthropist away to charity.

So now I'm just Philantropist ;_;
E14

Lenfried- wrote:

My username? Just google it *lenny face

ayyy lol i know what you mean..

the sexy cosplay goddess :3
Lenfried cosplayer
Improv
I originally thought of it when i was watching family guy a couple years ago.
It was the episode when quagmire was doing Improv and more unfunny stuff. At the time i was also looking for a alias to be known as, and as any 12 year old would do I took the chance and took the stupid name of "Improv". Acting without a skit.

I kinda regret it.
Tadakichi
[Deleted]
Dilectus
It's my first name + the first two letters in my last name.

Creative right.... right?
VINXIS
i was 12 and i was bored
nxthxn
I just replaced the A's in my name with X's. Nothing really special.
Cyuubi
Well i loved playing black MIDI on my pc and i loved potatos and i made MIDPotatoe
Nathanael

nxthxn wrote:

I just replaced the A's in my name with X's. Nothing really special.
Another Nathan spotted.. :>
AdayJr
Um, I'd wish to change. Anyway, my usernames comes from my real last name.
It's a "no-spaced" last name be my username. ._.
Dovahguiin
Please look at my avatar... now look at my name.
"Thank you for the explaination!"

Ah well, it was a name I made up when playing Dillo Hills 2, where I made the Penguin character wear a helmet that looks a lot like the one known from Skyrim.
(The avatar is taken directly from the game, actually.)
Thus, the Dovahguiin was born and has so far been seen in several universes and dimensions.
Mafuuu
A nickname my online friends gave me since I have scarf fetish an addiction to anime characters sporting scarves.

Mafuuu = Mafura = Muffler/Scarf
fuc ppy
My username is from my last name, which will not be disclosed, but my last name is very hard to pronounce and people just wound up calling me Paz, because those are the first three letters of my last name. Then Paz turned into Paz the spaz because I have ADHD and I'm very spastic. Lo' and behold: PazTheSpaz
Railey2

PazTheSpaz wrote:

My username is from my last name, which will not be disclosed, but my last name is very hard to pronounce and people just wound up calling me Paz, because those are the first three letters of my last name. Then Paz turned into Paz the spaz because I have ADHD and I'm very spastic. Lo' and behold: PazTheSpaz
if you got this name from friends, its a surprisingly cute one.
if you didn't get it from friends, it could turn into a pretty nasty thing. I guess its the former though, since you voluntarily chose to use it here?

Regarding my name: It came from a discussion about rails, I shit you not.
fuc ppy

Railey2 wrote:

if you didn't get it from friends, it could turn into a pretty nasty thing. I guess its the former though, since you voluntarily chose to use it here?
Yes, your guess is correct, it did come from friends. It actually came from my 3rd grade math teacher who miserably failed to pronounce my last name ;)

What was the rail discussion about? lol
Railey2

PazTheSpaz wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

Yes, your guess is correct, it did come from friends. It actually came from my 3rd grade math teacher who miserably failed to pronounce my last name ;)

What was the rail discussion about? lol
thats good then. I never had a nickname tbh, might be because its absolutely impossible to do that with my real name :>

About rails.. if only I knew. If only I knew.
RemiFlan
Remilia + Flandre Scarlet

My first username idk where pickle came from but bmp is initials
Carr1ck
Elusion
took "e" and "fusion" and put it together
DakeDekaane
Dake Dekaane is the name of one of my alter egos, used on a "small" story I was writing (and haven't finished :().

How did I create that name? I'm going to be honest and just put random sylables in my head, then the name formed itself, probably my obsession with names beginning with the D letter played a role there? idk, lol.

And in case you're wondering, it's spelled Dake as in sake, and Dekaane as dekaa-ne.
FlyingNeko
I got my name from a guy I met on chatango 5 years ago this is what happened:

FlyingNeko: Hey
Me: Hello
FlyingNeko: How you doing?
Me has left the chat

I proceeded to use it on every account then. I don't know. It's just... The original is probably wondering right now why "FlyingNeko" is taken on every site he goes to
Ayesha Altugle
I have recently changed my name now so here's why.

Last March 23 2015, one of my students told me to play Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed (Akiba's Trip 2 in Japan) and for some reason, I changed all my avatars to the one I have right now. Her name is Shizuku Tokikaze (刻風雫)

As for the hyphen (-) at the end of my username, it is because I really wanted my name to be inspired from the banned account Shizuru-. :)
burningpipe
mine is self explanatory ?
BrightPolaris
I used to study stars for fun :D because I had nothing else to do besides watching anime
So.. ya' know.. Polaris - North Star .. Bright means.. well.. bright.
Antiforte
The World God Only Knows.

As for my original name...
You see, it's a bit complicated.
Back then (and even today, but not to that level before), I had a really big imagination for things I like.
And this one thing I liked was a certain anime. For that reason, I decided to create something based on the complicated stuffies of that anime, a new "system" that would surpass the canon "system", basically the power of the characters. And I named it "Instrument Ceremony".

Then when I found osu!, I wanted to be called "InstrumentCeremony", but the name is too long, so I had to find a neat way to shorten the name. I took the first 5 letters from instrument "Instr" and added an a inbetween the t and r to make it look better, so that explains the "Instar" part. The "Cerem" part is pretty straightforward; just cut off the last three letters.

Then boom. I got InstarCerem.
A28_old
I was feeling very uncreative when I was asked to join osu so my username is the number of my house and the letter of my room at uni... I didn't realise you couldn't change it :P
show more