forum

Spinners: What way do we ACTUALLY need to spin?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Winshley
Nice necro...

Right-handed CCW.
Tsukimi Luna
how did this get necroed lol

Right handed CW
G0r
Sickest necro-post.
Kanye West

Winshley wrote:

Nice necro...

Right-handed CCW.
master race yo
Ohrami

Everything about this post and poster is wrong.

And, more on topic, I spin clockwise and I am right-handed.
kriers
ITT: people talk about their spinning direction as if it's only way we should spin. Just read the thread title.
CXu

kriers wrote:

RIght-handed. I spin clockwise with mouse and anti-clockwise with tablet. Weird?

kriers wrote:

right handed CCW
kriers
I'm mentioning both directions! You have nothing on me asdadf
G0r
This legitimately made me laugh. XD
Soul Rhythm
I am right handed and I always catch myself that I switch between CW and CCW.So to sum it up, I don't have a permanent way.
I use both depending on my reflexes :).
Vongola_Famiglia
Right handed CCW
winber1
first post

necros dead thread

the community is getting more intelligent every day
Bweh
it's all about your philosophy of life
chelly
I'm right handed and I spin counter-clockwise. It's like... when you punch someone. If you swing with your right hand, it should go in the left direction, not the right direction. Same thing when you slap someone with your right hand (unless it's a backhand).
RaneFire
Necromancy is practiced more widely than ever before!

PikaPika677 wrote:

I'm right handed and I spin counter-clockwise. It's like... when you punch someone. If you swing with your right hand, it should go in the left direction, not the right direction. Same thing when you slap someone with your right hand (unless it's a backhand).
Scientists will have something to say about this. Where they at?
However I use roughly the same analogy when using my arm (right handed). CW feels so unnatural. <- Mouse only. SO SIMPLE to me, but tablet is not so simple to me :(

When I "try" to play tablet (full area) I can spin both ways; CCW with arm, but prefer CW with fingertips because I'm really relaxed... and when spinning CCW with my arm I tend to lose control for a short duration afterwards or my pen grip loosens from tensing my arm... often missing jump patterns that follow spinners.

For CW it feels more natural to me to "flick" the middle finger, which rests under my pen, outwards (CW) than to "pull" it in (CCW), so I don't know if fingertip CCW would work as well, but it feels unnatural to me yet again. - Finger flick analogy! Where them scientists at? I need answers.

Fingertip CW is a personal preference, mainly because I'm relaxed, which came naturally to me, I didn't dissect and perfect a technique. I've tried to practice it, but to no avail. I can spin 440+ if I'm not thinking about it, which is kinda hard to do, it's unstable and most times I settle at 370'ish. Hope this works out someday!
kriers

PikaPika677 wrote:

so how do you swim?
RaneFire

kriers wrote:

PikaPika677 wrote:

so how do you swim?
He obviously doggy paddles!
sunshift
right handed, CCW

I tried both and figured I can get a better and smaller circle movement like this :)
chelly

kriers wrote:

PikaPika677 wrote:

so how do you swim?
I don't. That's why it feels weird for me.
theowest
Draw a circle
Which way did you spin?

It's as simple as that.
bwross

theowest wrote:

Draw a circle
Which way did you spin?
Widdershins. But I do spinners clockwise, if I used a tablet or set my mouse to a low DPI I might go widdershins, but with my setup, pushing over the top with the thumb and pulling pack with the fingers is the most natural.
kriers
I found my old replays folder from 2010 and looked at a few of my replays from exactly 2 years ago. I was struck by how I desperately spun clockwise and had like 280 rpm max. Those were the days!
Saint_old
Right-handed people usually spin counterclockwise and left-handed people clockwise, I think. I'm right-handed though I spin clockwise, I can't spin counterclockwise at all. If I try I just end up drawing lines back and forth. White Wolf is right-handed and spins clockwise too, I think.
Yarissa
Right handed tablet player. I spin CCW.
Nitori
I find most people spin counterclockwise. But I spin clockwise. :?
Zare

Saint wrote:

I'm right-handed though I spin clockwise, I can't spin counterclockwise at all. If I try I just end up drawing lines back and forth.
It's the other way around for me. I spin CCW right handed, when trying to spin CW I don't even manage to keep the cursor in the center lol
ReVeNg3r
Spin the way you spin faster.
I can spin CCW&CW as well
Thatgooey

winber1 wrote:

first post

necros dead thread

The positive side to that is that the new user had the presence of mind to use the search function when seeking information on the forums, rather than just making another spam post of "guys which way do I spin!?". At least that's how I see it :)
winber1

Thatgooey wrote:

winber1 wrote:

first post

necros dead thread

The positive side to that is that the new user had the presence of mind to use the search function when seeking information on the forums, rather than just making another spam post of "guys which way do I spin!?". At least that's how I see it :)
omg!!11one
Arczii
The one guy (who spinning 450) told me "You must find your own technique" but I tried everything with no result so God da*n it idk how to do it :x :cry:
Foxxu
Anti-clockwise!!
It's because of the osu! tutorial beatmap, I think...~ ;o
Karuta-_old_1
right handed, CounterClockwise all the way
I used to spin all over the place: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/14584&m=0 (Easy mode)
but now I try to focus on the center so I don't break my combos

but spinning all over the place earns me more points since I don't need to think at all
but I lose track of my cursor

(and by the way, I am one of those who is curious about which direction people like to spin)
she_old
Why does this thread keep coming back >:
lolcubes
Dunno. But I'll just add that I love long spinners. And to spin them ccw.
:D
Kanye West
I love spinners in general. With mouse.

Hate them with tablet.
Almost
Spinners are the bane of my existence. :(
Raging Bull
Right handed Clockwise
druidxd
I used to spin CCW, then for some strange reason I started spinning CW and I broke my rpm record (previously 450, now 465, although my average is 400-410 :P)
Dekonare
Spinning CCW. I should try to spin CW just for fun and see how it goes.
ieb
right-handed, clockwise
show more