forum

What kind of songs do you like to play on osu!

posted
Total Posts

What kind of songs do you like to play on osu?

I only like to play songs from Touhou
3.58%
I only like to play Tv-Size Anime songs
10.96%
I only like American Music
31.99%
I only like music from countries other than mine
2.46%
I tend to play everything, but I really only care about Touhou or Anime songs
16.55%
I LIKE EVERYTHING!
24.16%
I don't even know why I play
6.26%
I only like beatmaps with popular videos
1.12%
I hate music
2.91%
Total votes: 447
Topic Starter
Skyripper
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
Randy96
Touhou and some anime. :)
Hell, it might be Touhou only. search results get me 209/614
anime nets me 52/614
Topic Starter
Skyripper

awp wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist&s=4&r=0?s=7&o=1&q=awp&r=4&g=0&la=0
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist&s=4&r=0 ... 4&g=0&la=0

that covers probably 98% of the songs I like
I added you to the tags for Xuxa.. :D and I agree highly with your song selection

Randy96 wrote:

Touhou and some anime. :)
Hell, it might be Touhou only. search results get me 209/614
I do love Touhou! Some great music comes out of those games.
An64fan
Should probably be in Gameplay & Rankings, methinks.

Personally, I've lately been more swayed to play Touhou or some stuff from other games or anime more often lately, but in general I'll play just about anything enjoyable.
Randy96
Yeah, we should get some more ZUN songs on here! Doujin circles are nice and all, but the originals need to be heard some time!
MegaManEXE
Don't really care about the song as long as it's not Mindless Self Indulgence

I just like stream maps
Lybydose
I voted for

I tend to play everything, but I really only care about Touhou or Anime songs
...but that isn't entirely accurate. Usually the songs I like to play are because I like the map itself, not necessarily the song. Generally I like everything, but with a preference towards touhou. For example, looking through my online favorites, I count 7 Touhou, 1 English, 1 Korean, 1 Anime, and 1 Japanese (non-anime).

There are some specific artists I don't like though, like Owl City and many of the vocaloids. Though occasionally a vocaloid song will sneak through that I happen to like.

also wtf why do I have 7 hidden S ranks on La Roux
Topic Starter
Skyripper
@Lybydose: lol! well I figured you would fall into the Touhou category! but that's great anyway

@An64fan: I'm the same way really. I like what I like, but have my preferences aside from that. Also, thread moved thanks.
RemmyX25
I like fun maps
Topic Starter
Skyripper
@remmy... agreed.

although, from the answers I'm thinking we may need to change osu! to Tohosu!
RandomJibberish
I like English (Preferably British) Rock, But I don't mind some other genres if it's a good, mappable song. I very rarely play songs that aren't in english though.
UtsukimiJerry
i pick number 5

nuff said
anonymous_old

RemmyX25 wrote:

I like fun maps
^

I like Lemon Tree (with HR+Hidden, of course), but I also like Haru Haru (DT) and Jump Jump (HR+Hidden or DT). Those are all different music styles.

I don't like many Touhou music except a few IOSYS map sets because they're awesome.

Best animu music I like is mapped by DJPop: The Children.
ShaggoN

awp wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist&s=4&r=0?s=7&o=1&q=awp&r=4&g=0&la=0
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist&s=4&r=0 ... 4&g=0&la=0

that covers probably 98% of the songs I like
I couldn't find Wenches & Mead there D:

Anyway. I didn't chose any of these options. Reason is simple. I'm playing to see new beatmaps, not songs (until the song is extremely shitty :| ).
[aSmoo]
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Lesjuh
I chose for "I only like american music" since I hate 95% of all touhou/anime related music on Osu!
Glass
Instrumentals
Gens
Well, I like mostly everything... the problem with Hatsune Miku is that there are way too many beatmaps of it, and Touhou's original music isn't bad. I just HATE HATE HATE anime girly-voiced TV-sized songs, because (well, apart that there are too much maps of that) the voice sometimes is just awful, and I feel weird playing that kind of thing. It's not something I'd play in public, if you know what I mean.

I'm okay with Hatsune Miku and Touhou, but don't forget I always prefer instrumentals/english songs. I chose I LIKE EVERYTHING because even some anime openings have been catchy to me, but just a few.
MMzz
I play anything you throw at me I guess.
I mainly only play the Taiko Original songs, witch have a span of all the music you can think of.
awp

CoF_AnGeL wrote:

I really like rock & metal songs and some anime.
hahahahaha that's Ghaal in your sig isn't it

I had an epiphany the other day. The reason there's a certain feel to old 2007 and 2008 maps that made them really good despite bad mapping, was the song choice. Many songs from back in the day (I think one was "Brandy - Love Fighter") felt like they belonged in osu!. They weren't anime songs, they weren't video game songs, they felt like osu! songs (or 'rhythm game' songs, though that treads close to 'video game' songs).

Hypocrite extraordinaire: I am one of the biggest contributors to this problem. I don't think a single song I've mapped fits this belongs-to-osu! criteria.
SilentWings_old
Any music that sounds alright. Aren't particularly fond of touhou music but I like J-pop.
CheeseWarlock
I chose "I don't even know why I play" because sometimes I do wonder that, given the typical song around here.

I mean, when I see a new Owl City map ranked I'll probably play it because it's the best-sounding thing on the first page, and I don't even like Owl City.
DJPop
Vote: I tend to play everything, but I really only care about Touhou or Anime songs

But in fact, I play every maps with the songs I like, not just only Anime or Touhou.
show more