forum

Arctic Monkeys - Leave Before The Lights Come On

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LePetitYaYa
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on lunes, 08 de septiembre de 2014 at 19:43:03

Artist: Arctic Monkeys
Title: Leave Before The Lights Come On
Tags: Rock
BPM: 154,7
Filesize: 7225kb
Play Time: 02:46
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (3,1 stars, 167 notes)
  2. Maldita Sea! (4,81 stars, 148 notes)
  3. Normal (2,37 stars, 199 notes)
Download: Arctic Monkeys - Leave Before The Lights Come On
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hey,this is my favorite song.Hope u map it.
100% Hard by LePetitYaya
100% Normal by LePetitYaya
30% Maldita Sea
After Dreams-
dame las gracias por los bpm heuhehuehe(?

intenta no poner notas en las partes azules ni que los sliders terminen hay(solo si pones streams podrias usarlos)

Ejemplo: 01:54:560 (10) -

Dejarlo asi

Si la dificultad AM sera hard , te recomiendo ponerle estas cosas en Song Setup

Lo demas esta bien , ojala te ranken el map :)
Topic Starter
LePetitYaYa

After Dreams- wrote:

dame las gracias por los bpm heuhehuehe(?

intenta no poner notas en las partes azules ni que los sliders terminen hay(solo si pones streams podrias usarlos)

Ejemplo: 01:54:560 (10) -

Dejarlo asi

Si la dificultad AM sera hard , te recomiendo ponerle estas cosas en Song Setup

Lo demas esta bien , ojala te ranken el map :)
Gracias
The Girls
Hi Nana~ from Nana's Mod Queue

[General]
  1. I've modded your GD on Ceph23's Light Song. There isn't much I can do for the actual maps before you fix some fundamental issues. You need 1 Easy/Normal Diff. Easy maps have a star rating below 1.5 and Normal is between 1.5~2.0
  2. There aren't that many different timing points and BPMs for this song. Reduce the song to 50% and then 25% and make sure the ticks match perfectly to the song. It seems like you might have mistimed some sections so you overcompenstate with a slightly faster BPM, and then have overcompensate with a slower BPM.... alternating from 140->144->141->143. etc. I suggest you request the help of a BAT if you are adamant about getting this map ranked. If the BPM is truly changing that much, its extremely inconsistent and hard to play as Osu! is a rhythm game and requires strong beat syncopation & prediction.
  3. Your naming scheme is a little odd. I don't quite follow. Usually, if you have an alternate naming scheme, it should still make sense and seem consistent holistically.
  4. Remove the ? mark to the "Rock" Tag. You can consider adding the Album Title the song comes from into the tags as well.
[Easy]
  1. Your overall mapping technique seems a little sporadic and random. I suggest you analyze some of your favorite techniques from similar genres of music. For example, I really like DnB and upbeat songs. So when I map, I use a few key maps as references/inspiration (Dear You - Rue, Calamity Fortune - Flower, Chasers - fanzhen0019, dreamenddischarger - AngelHoney). As beginner mappers, you and me, we should emulate the styles that have been found successful and favorable by the community. Once you understand the overall design of beatmaps, it will be much easier for you to incorporate your own twist and favor to it.
  2. Here, you have some major timing issues. Even at 100% rate, i can hear disconnects in the music.
[Maldita Sea!]
  1. Seems like you only mapped the first few seconds of this. I suggest you map to the level at which you play. Or play test your map often as you map. Make sure that the flow is enjoyable and the combos and patterns interesting to play & visually pleasing. There is no point to playing Classic Osu! compared to something like Taiko or CTB if you don't make the hitcircles creative and fun!
Beatmapping isn't easy. Some of the best beatmappers put up to an entire week into the initial draft for just one song. This wasn't meant to crush you or anything...I think people underestimate how extensive and meticulous the process of getting something ranked is.

That's all. If you have any questions, feel free to private message. best of luck with your future maps.
LordRaika
Request Mod from my Modding Queue

osuu~ :)
here is my mod as request :

Mod
[Maldita Sea!]
  1. 00:07:215 - why is this missing note? there is a loud drum sound here
  2. 00:26:995 (4) - add finish hitsound
    00:27:383 (1) - same ^
    00:33:947 (5) - missing as well...
    00:35:476 (6) - ^
    and so on....
The pattern is okay since this is the hardest dif so the jump doesnt have to really follow any rule as long as it fits...

[Hard]

• i dont knw where i should begin the mod... since u skipped most of the beats part :(
    despite on what u mapped... its okay but its best that u mapped the drum part as well not only focusing on background music
    i also saw that u mixed the drum part halfway which is a bit weird if u ignore it at some other point...
  1. example : 00:05:858 - no drum
    00:18:850 - sudden mix of drum
    try to keep up the map consitency ^^
    and i saw some blank part as well near the end.... while u can still mapped it....

[Normal]
  1. 00:32:801 (3) - this is too fast, using Slider Velocity 2.30 on Normal or below is too high imo....

Well i cant help much since this is still WIP....
and yes i agree with The Girls , u need to analyze and find which best to be mapped and to be played....
your current one is okay , but i honestly... i dont really enjoy it XD
also one best tips for every mapper , if u want to knw how good is your map or not...
try to play it yourself or ask people to test it while spectating them....
GL ^^
Gonzvlo
amg
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.