forum

How many times will you attempt to FC a map?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mofu kun
depends on the difficulty of the fc
two or three
i usually get an FC on an easy map in one
Sophia
Depends on the song. Can range anywhere from "none" to "Until I FC, playing nothing else until I do it."
xGx

tokaku
ONE DAY

FrzR
Until #userlog informs me that I've retried a song for more than 10. 300 300 300 300 miss ctrl+r
Duskyui
Depends upon the song really. If the song is short I might give 20-30 tries, maybe even more, but if it's a longer song I'll just give it 3-7 shots before I give up.

Though there are times where I can be so stubborn I simply refuse to play anything else until I FC that map.
nrl

tokaku wrote:

ONE DAY
/facepalm
Aria Kanzaki
i stop at around 5 tries or when i mess up on the same spot twice. i dont want to get my reading messed up and become unable to play that map
B1rd

Rewben2 wrote:

One day.
I have bad muscle memory or some bullshit at the start and miss almost every time which leads to a retry. Oh well.

The amount I retry depends on where I mess up in the map. If it's towards the start I'll retry a max of around 30. Despite retrying quite a bit a lot of my best plays are from little amount of retries.
I have the same problem. Koigokuro is really bad for developing bad muscle memory.
Samui_old_1
Usually 3 times.
I Give Up
Play once get 100 on first note, retry, miss half way, retry, FC hooray! So basically around 2 - 3 attemps.

None of my most plays are FC's faqyhasl;dfjk;fasd;lkfjhejksfkmd gcukldyclukh
Karuta-_old_1
As many times as it takes, and try again soon if I wear myself out
Zignide
Definitely not 1625 times

Just around 1600, else I like to randomize daily

Often if I feel like tryharding I play until I notice I'm doing worse rather than better, or if I'm stuck with a part of the song, since when I try again a day later it's usually gone anyway

Then again, the time I play them each day does start stacking up, which sometimes ends in ridiculous amounts of plays o.o

If I start finding it too boring I just leave it though
rnari
most likely 100 times, well on my other account at least. ;;
Vuelo Eluko

-Kozakura wrote:

Reported.
GoldenWolf

-Kozakura wrote:

well on my other account at least. ;;
You do know you're not allowed to have more than one account right
gregest

-Kozakura wrote:

DUNDUNDUN-report
Rokk

blazeran wrote:

At most, 3 times in one day. I'm just too impatient to play one song over and over. Song variety is sacred to me.
Same here. I rarely restart a song, if ever. If it's one that I'm dead-set on FC'ing, I might come back the next day and try again or something.
Midori Tea
If it isn't the first time I've tried to FC the map, then I'll retry up to 10 times. If it is my first time, then I'll retry maybe about 5 times max.