forum

How many times will you attempt to FC a map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Synpoo
I'm pretty sure I played a map over 50 times just now to FC it with HD.

How many tries do you give it before you play a different song?
lesser
At most, 3 times in one day. I'm just too impatient to play one song over and over. Song variety is sacred to me.
silmarilen
nrl

blazeran wrote:

At most, 3 times in one day. I'm just too impatient to play one song over and over. Song variety is sacred to me.
I like this kid.
ZenithPhantasm
ADHD doesn't allow me to retry. Im impatience at its worst.
Vuelo Eluko
4-5 tries max
my most recent 110pp play went like download the song -> one miss halfway through -> retry and FC

seems like the more tries it takes over 5 max, the worse each play goes over time.
Holorin
If it is an easy beatmap, I generally don't spend more than two times playing it.
But for a hard map that interests me and especially if it is a good song, I WILL FC it no matter what :)
Just look at my 200 plays and 110 plays on Nishino Kana's song xD
Pettanko
I don't count the number of retries, instead I count the number of minutes I spend retrying for an FC. I'd say around 30 or 40 minutes is the limit of my patience for one map and if I don't FC it by then I won't attempt it for a while.
Varetyr

silmarilen wrote:

Pretty much. Especially when there's a friend cheering me up.
"Never give up" they said, "you're almost there" they said...
Caionix1313
Well, I personally play through it once, if I feel like it's at a level where I can FC (like I can stream fast enough and the jumps aren't too hectic for me), then I'll keep trying over and over because if I can do it then it's just a matter of time until it happens. However, if the song is outside my reach (massive streams, AR10, etc), then I'll hold off and play it maybe once a day to see if I'm getting any better at it.
piruchan
Depends on the map. If it's challenging and I'm capable of FC-ing, I'll play it 5-10 times and stop when I get FC. But if I don't, I'll leave it and give another 5-10 tries on another day.
winber1
if you're counting in one go, only about 100 max if you count every retry, even the ones where i only played like 2 seconds of the song.

i'll come back to the map for second attempts later on when i feel like it.
B1rd
I retried over 300 times once, came within 10 second of FC. But now I retry a more reasonable number of times.
Rewben2

One day.
I have bad muscle memory or some bullshit at the start and miss almost every time which leads to a retry. Oh well.

The amount I retry depends on where I mess up in the map. If it's towards the start I'll retry a max of around 30. Despite retrying quite a bit a lot of my best plays are from little amount of retries.
MostDakka
It depends on the song. If i like the song then i dont mind repeating it over and over and over and over. But if its some crap that I hate then i'll try max 5-6 times and drop it for the day. Nowdays I rarely grind a map but i used to do it when I were learning hpw to play the game. My historical tab reflects this pretty well cause most of the songs there are hards/easier insanes.
Soarezi
FlyingKebab
I would die if i had to retry a map more than 10 times. Usually i retry up to 3 times. If i don't get a FC then it means that I suck too much for it atm.
YamiHikari
Max 10.
Rokusho
Sometimes I get a lucky fc with a first try, but if I really want to fc a map I play it like 50 times, sometimes even way more.
Maxis
~4-5 if it's a map I'm not too fond of and I really need the FC. I get bored and accept that it's not an 'easy FC,' and try again 2 weeks later.
If I enjoy the map and just want to play it to play it but have the intention in the background to FC, I'll play it completely (keep going even if I mess up) up to 20 times in a day until I eventually get it with decent accuracy or get bored.
show more