[Hard???]
00:47:143 (8,9,10) - two grids down
Topic Starter
Dusty
All fixed except

MoonFragrance wrote:

[Hard???]
00:47:143 (8,9,10) - two grids down
because that breaks distance snap and I don't understand why it should be changed.
MoonFragrance
if my modding is helpful to you, don't forget the kudosu :)
Topic Starter
Dusty

MoonFragrance wrote:

if my modding is helpful to you, don't forget the kudosu :)
Oops, sorry; gave kudosu
Shulin
General:

-- The OST has this as "GrimGrimoire Main Theme" :|
-- Any reason this is OGG instead of mp3 (I'm not sure if this matters but I thought I'd ask before someone else does ^^)

Sweet!:

01:15:413 -- Break? It's in the other difficulties.

Sweet!

Easy.:

-- Any reason for the full stop after Easy?

00:04:066 (3) - New combo?

Normal?:

00:06:759 (5) - ^
00:16:374 (3) - ^

Hard???

00:05:605 (6) - New combo?
00:17:913 (6) - ^
00:45:220 (4) - Slightly ugly curve imo.
00:47:143 (8) - New combo?
01:10:220 (5) - ^

Well honestly I can't find anything meaningful to say, so sorry for the rather crappy mod, don't give me kudos. Anyway let me know about any changes and I'll proto bubble.

~ Star.
Topic Starter
Dusty
my replies

Shulin wrote:

General:

-- The OST has this as "GrimGrimoire Main Theme" :| Changed that
-- Any reason this is OGG instead of mp3 (I'm not sure if this matters but I thought I'd ask before someone else does ^^) I had the song as FLAC and tried converting it with Audacity, but didn't (know how to use)/have an .mp3 encoder

Sweet!:

01:15:413 -- Break? It's in the other difficulties. Added.

Sweet!

Easy.:

-- Any reason for the full stop after Easy? consistency with other diffs, but removing punctuation anyways

00:04:066 (3) - New combo? Comboized

Normal?:

00:06:759 (5) - ^
00:16:374 (3) - ^
Didn't change, I think 4 combo is OK for a Normal

Hard???

00:05:605 (6) - New combo? Didn't add new combo
00:17:913 (6) - ^ Didn't add new combo
00:45:220 (4) - Slightly ugly curve imo. Should be better now
00:47:143 (8) - New combo? Added new combo
01:10:220 (5) - ^ This one seems better as one combo to me, but added a new combo somewhere around there

Well honestly I can't find anything meaningful to say, so sorry for the rather crappy mod, don't give me kudos. All right...
Thanks for modding!
Shulin
Proto Bubbled
Agnes
S'up. Saw this in the queue~

[Sweet!]

Oh my goodness, no stars. ...Also, no errors.

[Easy]

No errors.

[Normal]

No errors.

[Hard]

No errors.

Ugh, Dustyyyy. How can I get kudosu when I can't find any errors? :( Star'd!
Kytoxid
[General]

Silence the slider-slides? Sound out of place.
Add a bit of lead-in on all diffs.
White notes + kiai = pain.
Dunno if it's just me, but the custom clap sounds delayed.

[Sweet]

Man, this is so easy, I wonder if any beginner'll actually want to play this, or like playing it. Most likely Easy will be good enough.

[Easy]

Fine. :)

[Normal]

00:06:374 (4,5,6) - Turn the slider so that it's perpendicular to the row, so that you can put the 6 right beside the 5, properly spaced.
01:07:143 (1) - Might be a bit fast and unpredictable for this diff.

[Hard]

00:45:220 (4) - Is a bit ugly how it's curved.

Looks good, starred~
Topic Starter
Dusty
Can't upload at the moment, but thanks for modding

EDIT: Responses

Kytoxid wrote:

[General]

Silence the slider-slides? Sound out of place. Yes
Add a bit of lead-in on all diffs. Added 1 sec
White notes + kiai = pain. Removed white circles
Dunno if it's just me, but the custom clap sounds delayed. You're right, fixed

[Sweet]

Man, this is so easy, I wonder if any beginner'll actually want to play this, or like playing it. Most likely Easy will be good enough.

[Easy]

Fine. :)

[Normal]

00:06:374 (4,5,6) - Turn the slider so that it's perpendicular to the row, so that you can put the 6 right beside the 5, properly spaced. Fine
01:07:143 (1) - Might be a bit fast and unpredictable for this diff. changed to slider

[Hard]

00:45:220 (4) - Is a bit ugly how it's curved. Changed to something a little better

Looks good, starred~
0_o
Overall
-Custom combo colours would be much nicer. I'm thinking some pink, light blue...
-The offset seems a liiittle shaky to me, I recommend getting someone to check that out.

Sweet!
00:44:066 (1,2,1,2) - Since this is the EASIEST DIFFICULTY EVER I'm gonna discourage notes stacked under sliders here. The hitburst covers up the approach circle, which can be tough on the players at the level this difficulty is aimed at. Maybe rotate the blue combo 90 degrees counter clockwise and put 2 to the right of the slider, then make the red combo a mirror of this?
Also, I would cut back on the spinners in the last sections of the song. Spinners are one of the most difficult and tiring parts of osu! when you are first starting out, so spamming all those spinners won't be much fun for the newbies.

Easy
01:10:220 (2,3) - This is a little ugly, it's the only overlap in the map and it's a lot more complicated than the rest of the map.
Again not a fan of the circles stacked on the slider ends, they just look ugly imo. Maybe consider unstacking them?

Medium
01:20:220 (2,1) - 1 grid to the right

Hard
01:07:143 (1,1) - My only problem here is that although this is a hard difficulty, this STILL might be a little tricky compared to the rest of the map. It's not a huge deal, but again just something to consider.

Soo yeah I dunno if this is still pubbled or not but I'll do it after your response :P

EDIT: p-bubble
Lybydose
Offset seems fine to me.
Topic Starter
Dusty
Thanks for checking!
Nachy
Cute~
Jeffro
I love storyboard and it plays fine. Starred!
Topic Starter
Dusty
Thanks for checking, guys.
abalee
wired star system...

Normal:
01:24:066 (1) - hitsound missed here?
Topic Starter
Dusty
Added a whistle there.

Thanks for modding!

(The star2's are for the SB :D. I just named them that because they all look like potential star2.png's)
abalee
OK.
Topic Starter
Dusty
Sweet! deleted and timing fixed.

Download: Hitoshi Sakimoto - GrimGrimoire Main Theme (Dusty) [Sweet!].osu
Cyclone
Yeah um, this timing is pretty wrong.

With the way the song sounds it's pretty difficult for me to pinpoint the correct timing. I can say for certain that taking out the 2 extra red sections, then subtracting 40 from the offset would be a good 1st step.
Topic Starter
Dusty

Cyclone wrote:

With the way the song sounds it's pretty difficult for me to pinpoint the correct timing. I can say for certain that taking out the 2 extra red sections, then subtracting 40 from the offset would be a good 1st step.
Thanks so much for taking a look at this timing.
Garven
I just came here to point out the whistle slider slide sounds. :P (no kudosu please)
Topic Starter
Dusty

Garven wrote:

I just came here to point out the whistle slider slide sounds. :P (no kudosu please)
Mhm, updated.
Sakura
[General]

[Easy]
Unsnapped notes everywhere, go to Timing > Resnap all notes

[Normal]
00:37:890 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - The 1/2 notes in here dont feel anything on the song to hint me that they should be there (combo break adedhjdhehfea or acc down awdjda ;_;)

[Hard]
Looks fine

Nice map, and the unsnapped notes on Easy can be fixed easily anyways +Star
Topic Starter
Dusty

Sakura301 wrote:

[Easy]
Unsnapped notes everywhere, go to Timing > Resnap all notes

[Normal]
00:37:890 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - The 1/2 notes in here dont feel anything on the song to hint me that they should be there (combo break adedhjdhehfea or acc down awdjda ;_;)
Oops, and fixed. Thanks for modding!
Sakura
If the bubble was popped, shouldnt this be marked with a star? o.o
Topic Starter
Dusty
hm, someone deleted Larto's timing post (probably because the timing was wrong)

The missing star icon might have something to do with Larto's post disappearing?
Sakura
Still popped bubble should be a star o.o
awp
timing sounded/played okay at

1. Offset: 985ms BPM: 78.00

The deathstream melody on Hard sounds off, however. As a hotfix, try:

2. Offset: 50,200ms BPM: 78.00
4. Offset: 62,522ms BPM: 78.00

maybe that'll work better. Note that the offset at 62522 is milliseconds away from the kiai inherited timing point, so just convert that inherited into a standard and tweak the offset. Give it a listen, but you might wanna stick with one timing section. Not sure. I think the 3 sound better. It's only like a 12ms offset anyhow.

Normal had a bit of ugly spacing at 01:08:292 (1,2,3,4,5,6) though. Jiggle it a bit, make it feel fluid without that unsightly overlap.

On Hard, I would cut the stream here 00:53:292 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) in half, and do something interesting with the time gained. I like the sound of it, but the constant stream is just not very interesting, and doesn't really blend with the fluid-ness of the music. I mean yeah, you've got that one instrument in the background spamming quarter notes, so I can understand why you've got it the way it is, but the song feels more gentle to me than streams.

I'm starring this anyway, simply for the direction I'm feeling from it. The sounds, the subtle raining of runic glyphs, it just rubs me the right way. Gives me the impression you actually care about the subject matter, and what you're doing with it. And I like that.
Sakura
Thanks awp ^^ i bet Dusty will be happy
Throwing a pink star to boost this SP more
Topic Starter
Dusty

awp wrote:

timing sounded/played okay at

The deathstream melody on Hard sounds off, however. As a hotfix, try:

2. Offset: 50,200ms BPM: 78.00
4. Offset: 62,522ms BPM: 78.00

maybe that'll work better. Note that the offset at 62522 is milliseconds away from the kiai inherited timing point, so just convert that inherited into a standard and tweak the offset. Give it a listen, but you might wanna stick with one timing section. Not sure. I think the 3 sound better. It's only like a 12ms offset anyhow.

Normal had a bit of ugly spacing at 01:08:292 (1,2,3,4,5,6) though. Jiggle it a bit, make it feel fluid without that unsightly overlap.

On Hard, I would cut the stream here 00:53:292 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) in half, and do something interesting with the time gained. I like the sound of it, but the constant stream is just not very interesting, and doesn't really blend with the fluid-ness of the music. I mean yeah, you've got that one instrument in the background spamming quarter notes, so I can understand why you've got it the way it is, but the song feels more gentle to me than streams.

I'm starring this anyway, simply for the direction I'm feeling from it. The sounds, the subtle raining of runic glyphs, it just rubs me the right way. Gives me the impression you actually care about the subject matter, and what you're doing with it. And I like that.
Thank you awp, that really helps. (that stream always bugged me, too)

Sakura301 wrote:

Thanks awp ^^ i bet Dusty will be happy
Throwing a pink star to boost this SP more
lol, thanks for the kudosu star

I'll probably fix this up tomorrow.

edit 5/29: and updated, 3 days late.
Gens
Awesome.
Topic Starter
Dusty
Thanks, Gens
Lybydose
Alright, I'll trust awp's timing on this. Besides, I'm getting like 0-3% mistimed in the editor anyway.

Ranked.