forum

Storyboarding: Disabling Function Look-Ahead

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
awp
Explaining this in words is probably hard, so I'll explain it in words + osb

I have an image of a white circle.

Sprite,[...]"white.png",320,240
F,0,0,10000,1 --> This white circle is now visible for 10 seconds.
C,0,5000,10000,$green,$blue --> 5 seconds in, this circle will be green. Over the next five seconds, it will become blue.

Now look at this white circle at 2500ms --> It is now no longer white. It is green, because the code at 5000ms affects everything before it.

What I'd like, is some kind of switch or variable or something to disable this behaviour. I want this white circle to be white until 5000ms, at which time it will snap to green before doing its transition to blue. atm this behaviour can be accomplished by adding the following line to the above example:

C,0,4999,,$white

but A - I don't think the extra code should be necessary, and B - I don't like going through a storyboard to see future lines of code retroactively breaking previously working lines of code

=< grumble grumble bitch bitch
anonymous_old
I think it makes more sense as it is. With your example, it'd immediately go from white one frame to green the next. Most of the time this is not what you want; you want a smoother transition. As you said, you can enforce the non-transitioning behaviour.

This gave me an idea of context-aware content blocks in osq so osq would allow you to set flags for certain sections of code. This could be one such flag.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.