1. osu! forums
  2. Other
  3. Otaku Culture

show more
posted
Even then Ryukishi is better. In Umineko I was constantly flipping between loving and hating characters as I learned more about the characters and their motivations.

While I wish more people produced good content like Maeda (and others) I find Maeda to be pretty overrated.
posted
I personally just think, that's there's barely really great anime being made at all recently, and Maeda, did some freaking nice job recently, you might be right on the aspect that he's overrated, as I tend to think that what he've done is beyond real sometime, there's mistakes like most great anime too, I just tend to think that his work, Jojo's bizarre adventure, Monster, Stein;Gates and the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, is what have been the most grandiose in the past couple of years(though, every character in Maeda's work, is really generic, so the character are a bit unoriginal sometime). But yeah he can be consider overrated as of the lack of originality in his characters.
posted
How can Maeda's works be a masterpiece if there are mistakes in his works?
posted
Because masterpiece doesn't necessitate perfection
posted
I haven't seen a TON of anime, but I have read quite a few manga.
I've watched Clannad Afterstory, Gurren Lagann, Xam'd, Angel Beats, Canaan -- all of which are amazing in their own right. However, including even all the manga I've read (with 1 or 2 exceptions), Miyazaki's films are the only ones I can confidently declare to be masterworks.
posted
Anything from Studio Ghibli :P
posted
Personally I don't find Totoro, Kiki's, Whisper of the heart etc to be that great.
posted
spirited away and castle in the sky though
posted
Gambler said anything from Gjhibli though, Mononoke is the only one I'd even consider to be a masterpiece but it falls short for me.
posted
I'll agree that I don't find all the work from Gjhibli great aside from Mononoke which is a masterpiece like Green Plat said.

Actually, I wanted to make that post to correct the Typo I've made saying that Charlotte would probably be a masterpiece, with not only being the most disappointing thing from Maeda yet but also a really disappointing anime overall.
posted
Monogatari Series, Mekakucity Actors
posted
  1. Steins;Gate
  2. Angel Beats
  3. Another
  4. Log Horizon
posted

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

  1. Steins;Gate
  2. Angel Beats
  3. Another
  4. Log Horizon
I agree with Steins;Gate, a bit with Angel Beats. Now, Another, was really good, kind of unique in my opinion, to the point of considering it a masterpiece, I don't know, but it's debatable. For Log Horizon, I would love to see your point of view on this anime and ask you why you think it's a masterpiece, I think it was good, had some good points, but I wouldn't go calling it a masterpiece, so Id like to see your point of view on that one.
posted

Rumby wrote:

Here's a list of anime I consider as Masterpiece.

  1. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
  2. Code Geass
  3. Puella Magi Madoka Magika
  4. Elfen Lied
  5. Fullmetal Alchemist : Brotherhood


I'm really tempted to put ''Clannad : After Story'' there but I won't since it's just my favorite anime.
Adding Zankyou no Terror/ Ping Pong : The Animation.
posted
Steins;Gate and Fullmetal Alchemist.

posted

HiddeNation wrote:

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

  1. Steins;Gate
  2. Angel Beats
  3. Another
  4. Log Horizon
I agree with Steins;Gate, a bit with Angel Beats. Now, Another, was really good, kind of unique in my opinion, to the point of considering it a masterpiece, I don't know, but it's debatable. For Log Horizon, I would love to see your point of view on this anime and ask you why you think it's a masterpiece, I think it was good, had some good points, but I wouldn't go calling it a masterpiece, so Id like to see your point of view on that one.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HoutarOsu
Their MAL may answer some questions
posted
I'm honestly surprised no one has mentioned Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni or Fate Zero. Higurashi is to this day the only thing I've ever watched where I could simultaneously love and hate a character (with a change in perspective about every 4 episodes) and has an exceptional way of telling a story. And although Fate Stay/Night ruined the ending of Fate Zero for some people, it was still fantastically done.
posted

Green Platinum wrote:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HoutarOsu
Their MAL may answer some questions
Oh... right. I think everyone will do this in the beginning, because they don't have any other anime from the same genre to compare with, so it's easier to consider the few they've seen as masterpiece, but instead of asking people question like that, I should browse their profile in search for MAL profile, that way it would answer my questions most of the time.

I'm a huge total biaised fan of Accel world and he even gave a higher grade than me O: !
posted

HiddeNation wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/HoutarOsu
Their MAL may answer some questions
Oh... right. I think everyone will do this in the beginning, because they don't have any other anime from the same genre to compare with, so it's easier to consider the few they've seen as masterpiece, but instead of asking people question like that, I should browse their profile in search for MAL profile, that way it would answer my questions most of the time.

I'm a huge total biaised fan of Accel world and he even gave a higher grade than me O: !
Yep, I didn't give anything an out of 10 rating till I hit 400 animes watched for this very reason.
posted
5 centimeters per second.It's a movie but it' an absolute masterpiece for me,not even clannad was able to depress me as much as 5cm per second did.
show more
Please sign in to reply.