1. osu! forums
  2. Other
  3. Otaku Culture

show more
posted
Clannad After Story is a master piece.
I consider The world god only knows as one too.
I'm pretty open about animes, so I consider a lot of them masterpieces
posted

Telstra2G wrote:

Clannad After Story is a master piece.
I consider The world god only knows as one too.
I'm pretty open about animes, so I consider a lot of them masterpieces
Well they can't all be masterpieces then. A masterpiece would suggest that they are unique and a massive cut above others. Is your experience with anime so lacking and your mind so young to not know that?
posted

Telstra2G wrote:

Clannad After Story is a master piece.
I consider The world god only knows as one too.
I'm pretty open about animes, so I consider a lot of them masterpieces
That's not being open, that's having low standards
posted
Haven't watched too much anime but this is my list for masterpieces:

1) Toradora <-- Must watch. Best romance+secondary characters in anime
2) Clannad AS
3) Sakurasou no pet na kanojo (the anime, manga goes pretty crazy in the end)
4) Psycho-pass
5) GTO
6) Kokoro connect
posted
I'm not sure which genre you're looking for but these are what I consider masterpieces/better than good, listed in random order:

1. Blood+
2. Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
3. Another
4. Gunslinger Girl
5. Claymore
6. Dantalian no Shoka
7. Dance in the Vampire Bund (manga is better, anime doesn't seem to be complete)
8. Elemental Gelade
9. Tenjou Tenge
10. Jormungand

Too lazy to list anymore. Try watching Kurozuka if you have too much time to spare. Best time waster.
posted

edisk wrote:

I'm not sure which genre you're looking for but these are what I consider masterpieces/better than good, listed in random order:

1. Blood+
2. Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
3. Another
4. Gunslinger Girl
5. Claymore
6. Dantalian no Shoka
7. Dance in the Vampire Bund (manga is better, anime doesn't seem to be complete)
8. Elemental Gelade
9. Tenjou Tenge
10. Jormungand

Too lazy to list anymore. Try watching Kurozuka if you have too much time to spare. Best time waster.
Admittedly I went and checked if you are 14-16
posted

Green Platinum wrote:

Admittedly I went and checked if you are 14-16
I watched most of them when I was 14-16 so... bingo you're kinda right.
posted

edisk wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

Admittedly I went and checked if you are 14-16
I watched most of them when I was 14-16 so... bingo you're kinda right.
I think you should rewatch them then
posted
I think the title should be critically acclaimed shows rather than masterpieces. People are having a hard time separating what's of high quality and what was personally found to be good...
posted

Liiraye wrote:

I think the title should be critically acclaimed shows rather than masterpieces. People are having a hard time separating what's of high quality and what was personally found to be good...
That's not very constructive to discussion. Although everyone has a different threshold for what constitutes a masterpiece and that doesn't help either.
posted
This is not supposed to be a discussion thread, op is specifically looking for god tier anime, not for everyone to banter about how for example naruto is better than one piece.
posted
posted

Liiraye wrote:

This is not supposed to be a discussion thread, op is specifically looking for god tier anime, not for everyone to banter about how for example naruto is better than one piece.
You are still going to have disagreements on whether something is a masterpiece or not. There is no universal authority and if we defer to something else for example the MAL anime rankings I disagree with Gintama being a masterpiece. Just checked and Gintama is in the top 10, 5 times.
posted
Saishuu Heiki Kanojo
http://myanimelist.net/anime/529/Saishuu_Heiki_Kanojo

One of the more depressing masterpieces that I've rewatched over my anime career.

Ergo Proxy
http://myanimelist.net/anime/790/Ergo_Proxy

Man, had I rewatched this, my brain would've melted
posted
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki, i'm cry when watching it. the spice story >:(
posted
hmmm, maybe true tears, im very embrassed when watch it. very very ntr
posted
Personally, I thought both of the Free! Seasons were pure genius, and this coming from a straight male, so not because of the fan service :lol: As a guy, I found the characters were a lot like myself and my teammates.
posted
Anime is in a pretty sorry state if relatable characters is all that is needed to achieve masterpiece status lol.
posted
If you haven't watched Shingeki no Kojin/Attack on Titan yet, I really suggest you do. At first, I was a bit hesitant to watch it because it looked very gory and a bit weird, but the storyline is absolutely amazing with so many twists and very interesting characters (Levi!!) Seriously, I love the characters. The artwork is also very beautiful and really something else.

I didn't get bored for even one second while watching this series. A definite must-watch.

If I have to be honest, I don't think I'll ever be able to find a series that's better than attack on titan.
posted

-Nya- wrote:

If I have to be honest, I don't think I'll ever be able to find a series that's better than attack on titan.
I guess if you don't look. AoT is pretty much the Michael Bay film of anime.
show more
Please sign in to reply.