-->Reporters Without Borders
-->Wikileaks
-->Falun Gong related websites
-->Central Tibetan Administration
-->Wikipedia
-->Sites Related to Taiwanese Government
-->Criminal Activities Website
-->Yahoo Hong Kong (!)
-->Sites linked with the Dalai Lama and his International Tibet Independence Movement, including his teachings

That's about it!
Loginer

shinn wrote:

OK... Here's a list that Chinese Banned access to:
-->China Times
-->Radio Canada International
-->Radio Canada
-->United Nations News
-->Voice of America
-->YouTube
-->Tripod
-->Technorati
-->HKday.net
-->Amnesty International
-->Human Rights Watch
-->Reporters Without Borders
-->Wikileaks
-->Falun Gong related websites
-->Central Tibetan Administration
-->Wikipedia
-->Sites Related to Taiwanese Government
-->Criminal Activities Website
-->Yahoo Hong Kong (!)
-->Sites linked with the Dalai Lama and his International Tibet Independence Movement, including his teachings

That's about it!

Are the chans and Encyclopedia Dramatica banned? :/
LuigiHann

Loginer wrote:

I'd say so :P
Loginer

LuigiHann wrote:

Loginer wrote:

I'd say so :P

But... The lulz... ;__;
THEY CAN'T DO THIS!! ;___;
Neo@lex
wow that sux...
if orzin shuts down or gets blocked, you could try googling "unblocker" or "proxy" like others have said, but i don't know if they would work on a national firewall,i use sites like that all the time to get past my school's filter(which i shouldn't, realy), and i don't like the idea of being told what sites you cant visit just because you live in china, there's a pretty lengthy explanation of the firewall on wikipedia, and it's understandable why the firewall is there, but i think blocking youtube(i go there every day, does that make me a "youtard"?) is a bit too much.
is niconicodouga blocked too?
shinn_old

neo@lex wrote:

wow that sux...

is niconicodouga blocked too?
Erm... from my knowledge of China Internet... No.

Man, the Chinese officials don't have an intranet!
Slain087

eirrol wrote:

Plug-in, Rockman.exe Transmission
If I can find a way for Navis to exist, that's the first thing I'm going to hack, no question. Let's see how the firewall can take a DreamSword and a DarkMessiah... Maybe I'll use MasterStyle for the lulz... Maybe a Boktai PileDriver...

I'm pretty damn surprised at some of the sites they blocked. I get Wikipedia and YouTube, but Canadian radio? Their own Yahoo site?? A Chinese newspaper????
Neo@lex
if i was in charge of a firewall i'd route everything to http://youareanidiot.org, either that, or longcat.
awp
why no love for youfail.org
shinn_old

Slain087 wrote:

I'm pretty damn surprised at some of the sites they blocked. I get Wikipedia and YouTube, but Canadian radio? Their own Yahoo site?? A Chinese newspaper????
No... they redirect it to here or just give you an "Response taking too long" error

To view China Yahoo, set Character Encoding to ISO-2022-CN
Loginer

neo@lex wrote:

if i was in charge of a firewall i'd route everything to http://youareanidiot.org, either that, or longcat.
NOD32 reacted to that site, and blocked a trojan, which probably was supposed to make the tab/window impossible to close. You evil bastard. >:[
protoalex
Dang.
Stinks to be you.
Neo@lex

Loginer wrote:

neo@lex wrote:

NOD32 reacted to that site, and blocked a trojan, which probably was supposed to make the tab/window impossible to close. You evil bastard. >:[
so a trojan showed up for you?
whenever I go on it it just shows me the flash, but on the school computers it brings up loads of small windows that bounce around the screen and can't be closed, no fair...
Det.
yeep...going back this summer...
no internets? what am i gonna do...
shinn_old
Not exactly. Only blocked the sites I mentioned earlier
Loginer

protoalex wrote:

Dang.
Stinks to be you.
Why? It BLOCKED the trojan. <___<

neo@lex wrote:

Loginer wrote:

neo@lex wrote:

so a trojan showed up for you?
Yup.
Det.

shinn wrote:

Not exactly. Only blocked the sites I mentioned earlier
i don't think there's really much to the internets without stuff like wikipedia/uncyclopedia/youtube/uncensored google.
Then again, I could just start going to 4chan. But that's more of a desperate measure.
Echo
http://in.reuters.com/article/technolog ... 5420080405

English wikipedia has been unblocked... for now.
Cecilthemos

Slain087 wrote:

eirrol wrote:

Plug-in, Rockman.exe Transmission
If I can find a way for Navis to exist, that's the first thing I'm going to hack, no question. Let's see how the firewall can take a DreamSword and a DarkMessiah... Maybe I'll use MasterStyle for the lulz...

2x Hero all the way.
Master Style would take too long to gather...4 chips... seriously!