forum

neer laptop for osu, specs?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Frikandel
Hey wats up! My PC broke and i dont have a lot of money. I want a laptop now for use with school as well. What specs do i need to play osu? Treat me like a technewb here!

Thanks in advance!
[Bystander]
osu! will run on just about any hardware, as long as you have a graphics card.
osu! is not very graphically demanding. You don't need a "gaming" laptop to play. A dedicated graphics card would be nice though.
Topic Starter
Frikandel
Whats dedicated? And what happends if i dont have a laptop with a dedicated card?
Enzy
Any graphics card will do, literally. Just download the game and install. If it starts, then you can play it. Well, if you get more than 5 fps, that is. ;)
[Bystander]

SOLID771 wrote:

Whats dedicated? And what happends if i dont have a laptop with a dedicated card?
A graphics processing unit separate from the motherboard (integrated graphics). Common brands are nvidia or amd.

I like nvidia. Here is an example list.

If you don't have a dedicated card... osu! will probably still run but you may have bad performance due to low FPS (Frames Per Second).
There is an option in-game to display what FPS you are getting (More is better).
Shivarion
i still able to play osu! with wooden laptop and dying keyboard
Corin
A fucking potato could run osu!
Topic Starter
Frikandel
Thanks for the replys although low framerate does bother me. I had like 1700-2500 fps on my PC i hope lower fps doesnt effect MY performance to much. Winkiewink.