forum

PSA: Download "Bemani" beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
deletemyaccount
With the recent takedown of IIDX beatmaps, it is very possible that other rhythm games by k0nami such as ubeat, sound voltex booth or reflec beat could also be taken down in the not too distant future.

If this thread is in the wrong section or breaks any rules, please lock or delete.
Bauxe
Very possible. Might happen. We will see in the future.
kisata
You'll be able to download them from beatmap mirrors such as bloodcat, etc if they are taken down. The greater danger is of course that those songs also become just as unrankable.
DestinySonata
I also do think that the others may be taken down.
Is it better to stop ranking those songs already? (In my opinion, I don't think so) Or just rank them but have no sound at all?
GoldenWolf

DestinySonata wrote:

Or just rank them but have no sound at all?
...What's the point?
nooblet

GoldenWolf wrote:

DestinySonata wrote:

...What's the point?
So you can learn to read approach circles, duh.

my god, what did I just say /w\
DestinySonata

GoldenWolf wrote:

DestinySonata wrote:

...What's the point?
I was just thinking that they could rank them without sound so the person can play the file externally and then technically play the song.
GoldenWolf

DestinySonata wrote:

I was just thinking that they could rank them without sound so the person can play the file externally and then technically play the song.
huhhhh
Karuta-_old_1

DestinySonata wrote:

And where do you get the file?
Vuelo Eluko
playing with no sound at all is easy, my current score on https://osu.ppy.sh/s/48842 was done while muted because the song was unbearable. no hitsounds even.

Doing it accurately on the other hand... well...
Maxis
Yesterday I started up FL Studio and was experimenting with replacing some of the songs to just metronomes.

It was kinda cool at first, but a pain to get the offset correct and my accuracy was abysmal. Kind of got boring after 1 or 2 songs, game isn't really as fun without music imo.

Anyway on-topic, some guy on Reddit stitched together a Konami/Benami beatmap pack for those who might be interested.
Aqo

Philantropist wrote:

With the recent takedown of IIDX beatmaps
did I miss anything? what maps were taken down?
kisata
every single map tagged beatmania iidx

also, no more iidx maps ranked forever
DestinySonata

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

DestinySonata wrote:

And where do you get the file?
Uh... a source that is not osu?
Sophia
You can still play the maps you downloaded, it's just not ranked? `-`

Edit : They appear to still be ranked... wat. This is kind of stupid. :3
Vuelo Eluko

Dm1321 wrote:

You can still play the maps you downloaded, it's just not ranked? `-`

Edit : They appear to still be ranked... wat. This is kind of stupid. :3
same thing happened to 2012 in 10 minutes marathon its still ranked i even played it awhile back after it got taken down and it got on the rankings, all scores etc still there you just cant download it.

the ignorant barely functioning ogres swinging around their copyright clubs don't even know what 'being ranked' means, and probably don't have the mental capacity to understand it anyway so they aren't requesting them to be unranked fortunately.

https://gist.github.com/peppy/65634825af9a9f237407

What a bunch of fucking losers.
NixXSkate
They're able to take down even maps not featured in the Beatmania games like Accelerator Heaven and Evansama?
Maiz94

NixXSkate wrote:

They're able to take down even maps not featured in the Beatmania games like Accelerator Heaven and Evansama?
Those maps were take down because the maps are tagged with either "Beatmania" or "IIDX" even if it's Nicovideo fanmade.
tl;dr: no more fun.
Lybydose
konmai wil sue
B1rd
>download map though other means, torrents

>bypass copyright claims
AstralPhnx
While this kinda came out of nowhere I still think that konami had a right to do something like this. While its gonna piss quite a few people off its a price to pay. I mean, stuff like this is bound to happen with a music game like osu where the music is made by other people. I mean, this is mainly going to effect the mania maps which their were few enough of already so for mania players it is a bit of a slap to the face. Still, theirs not much we can do about it now.

Oh also to the OP, its called jubeat (ubeat was the name of the very limited USA location test of jubeat)
TicClick
Konami had all the rights to do so, because they own the licence. If you read chapter 8 of osu!'s Terms of Service (the link is in website's footer: https://osu.ppy.sh/p/terms), you'll see that it is implied that you upload content if and only if you have rights to use it.

If you don't, be ready to lose it when the true owner sends peppy a DMCA claim, like it happened with Skrillex and a few other artists before.

The maps are fine, it's just the audio that you don't own (remixing or cutting doesn't matter at all, else "2012 in 10 minutes" wouldn't have been taken down).
AmaiHachimitsu
Still, if those kinds of situations will happen again, I'd really think about ranking maps and letting people download .osu files only and find a way to let them download the .mp3

@edit: What worries me that I guess no IIDX maps will be able to be played during OWC/CWC etc.
xGx

glustora

xGx wrote:

They had the rights to do this, even though it sucks for us... Yeah, but fortunately the maps are still ranked and you can download them from other sources.
Where can i download them then? i want to get the beatmaps before they are removed :(
loldcraft
(i'll try and be light on the quotes, and I'm not that great with the law so correct me if I'm wrong)
As for songs like evansama, I'm pretty sure that it falls under "parody" of fair use, along with many of those from NND
Yes, parody is recognized as a type of fair use
Although I'm not too sure if this would apply:
The purpose and character of the use. Transformative uses are favored over mere copying. Non-commercial uses are also more likely fair.
If you use the copied work in a way that substitutes for the original in the market, it's unlikely to be a fair use; uses that serve a different audience or purpose are more likely fair.
I'm pretty sure beatmaps don't substitute the original in the market.

source: https://www.eff.org/issues/bloggers/legal/liability/IP
xGx

Vuelo Eluko
transformative use wouldnt apply since the audio itself isnt changed by mappers.
loldcraft

Riince wrote:

transformative use wouldnt apply since the audio itself isnt changed by mappers.
The issue is remixes getting taken down.

Won't transformative use need not require transforming the product itself, only the use of it? (although it is a very weak point)
show more