forum

Don't like this game at all.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
bluedoom57
I have a few things to respond to on this, and I'll try to format it better for you all, as some people brought up that I didn't format my initial post. I apologize for that, but I was very frustrated that day for more reasons than just Osu. (Keep in mind though, I'll be quoting even though I've never done so before, I apologize again if it ends up looking poor).

KukiMonster wrote:

@OP Games are fundamentally designed to challenge. osu! with no drain, no chance of mistakes, no 100s or 50s would not be a challenge, and therefore would not be a game. Have a sense of sportsmanship.
I agree that there should be challenge, that was my point. I was saying that turning off the option to fail ruins the purpose of the game. I was simply saying that I don't like the constant drain. I even said that it's not as prevalent a problem as the rest of the things I mentioned.

alienflybot wrote:

then don't play

no point arguing why you don't like
Incorrect, there are very good reasons as to why I bring up why I dislike the game. The primary reason, which nobody seems to understand, is that this was directly in response to someone who specifically told me to share why I didn't like the game. That should be reason enough.

If it isn't, however, then think about it this way: Bringing up points about something that you dislike can cause other people to share positive or negative feedback, as well as offer criticism. In this case, while there were a lot of people who felt the need to personally insult me for disliking what they like, I've also been told that, apparently, hard maps are better than the easier ones, due to more creative freedom (not exact quote, forgive me). Because of this, I may go back, try these maps, and possibly see "Oh hey, these are way better, maybe I can enjoy myself more."

I'd still have a problem with the normal and easy maps, as I don't think they're generally well made, but if it's indeed the case, then I'd have less to complain about. And without people telling me about this, I'd just have assumed that the rest of the game is the *exact* same. (though I have tried a couple of hard maps, and there were one or two that I thought weren't put together very well. Still need to try more.)

Riince wrote:

ive played a lot and i agree sliders are shit 99% of the time. i wish maps had more circles nowadays. sliders are just this silly thing you can be lazy on movement and tapping accuracy on and still not get a 100/miss... and every map has like 2 sliders to every circle now wtf...

Ironically I hate sliders for a reason that's completely opposite to the original posters, but i disregarded most of his post because it was just the rantings of someone who hasn't even learned the basics yet and is far from qualified to say it's bad...
This is the last thing I wanted to touch on. My problem with sliders may very well be due to my game alone, but even if I try to do the *exact same slider* on two different occasions, by doing it the same way as always, sometimes it'll work, and sometimes it won't. While in some of the harder songs, some of it is of course my fault, I'm not going to say that it isn't buggy at times, at least on my end.

And the second thing is that I wasn't strictly saying that the game is bad, more that I just dislike it, and I gave the reasons why. As I said before, I was particularly frustrated that day, so I probably didn't convey that very well, but assuming everything worked (which like I said, it could be that it just doesn't work on my end for whatever reason), I'd still have a few problems with it, but I wouldn't think that it's a bad game. I *don't* think that it's a bad game, I just don't personally like it due to the problems I've encountered.

Hopefully this helps people understand my position a bit more, maybe it won't, I dunno. I hope that it at least looks better than my initial post, I tried so hard this time around ;-;
Again, I apologize for the initial wall of text. Frustrated, y'know.

P.S. There's no need to personally attack me guys. I'm sure with how you all probably view me, this'll be entirely hypocritical, but nontheless, personal attacks are pointless and immature.
winber1
the problems you have encountered boil down to lack of skill. Complaints toward game mechanics aren't really valid complaints unless you have enough game experience to truly argue against them, with actual examples (i.e. maps) and strong reasoning (which only comes after you understand game mechanics yourself). Though I am repeating myself since you pretty much said so yourself.

rhythmic mistakes rarely ever happen. Despite the ranking process having its flaws in certain aspects, mistiming notes is something that will almost never happen in any ranked map nowadays.

I wouldn't expect you to be playing old maps, but you should generally avoid maps made in 2009 or earlier, as a lot of them are not as beginner friendly as some might think. Some maps are good back then, but you need a better understanding of the game to really judge them yourself.

As you play the game more, you will be able to read sliders based on their length, but right now probably you have trouble understanding the exact rhythm of the sliders since you don't know how long to hold them. Also, as long as you hit the beginning of the slider and hold the whole silder, you will get a 300, even if you almost completely missed the beginning. This may have also tripped you up, as you might have gotten a 300 on a slider but you clicked it at some ungodly time.

furthermore, the accuracy requirement for easy and normal maps is insanely low. you have like some 60ms interval to hit a 300. and almost a 200ms interval to hit a 50, depending on the map
Geniance
Incoming nonconstructive comment:

So much text. Could build a skyscraper with all of it. Seriously, god damn.

Actual constructive part:

I had the same problems as you, I just practiced more and got better. I know it seems you have different intentions as to me, but as others have said, don't like it move on. I know that this was a response to a previous post you had, but why keep going on about it?
I mean, if I didn't like a game I would probably say that I don't like it and just move on, not continue to bring up the point and stay attached to it in someway.
That may just be me though.
autofanboy
if you don't like the game then you don't have to voice out the detailed reason and wish the developers to change it into what you like

everyone's opinions are different
Sophia

alienflybot wrote:

if you don't like the game then you don't have to voice out the detailed reason and wish the developers to change it into what you like

everyone's opinions are different

alienflybot wrote:

then don't play

no point arguing why you don't like
This guy is so sure of what he's saying that he posts it twice in a two hour span!

... In a more honest and not so humorous tone....

Mostly everyone has said what should have been said.
Woobowiz

GoldenWolf wrote:

Attention whore? Attention whore.
Don't associate him with my kind. TY <3
winber1

Dm1321 wrote:

Mostly everyone has said what should have been said.
nonsense!

nutella is delicious
Yakuyan
I skimmed through the post because of how dumb it is. It just sounds like you complain about every aspect of the game that makes it fun. Learn the game first before complaining about it. Your complaints sound like "Oh my f*cking god.....WHY DO I HAVE TO CLICK ON CIRCLES UGHHHH" You contradict yourself by saying "putting no fail mod" has no risk whatsoever, but you complain about the HP Drain Rate :roll: If you really want to quit, then uninstall the game, block this website, completely wipe your hard drive of every last trace of osu, and ask the CIA to block your memory of anything osu from ever reaching your subconscious.
zwoots
Wait, people play this game because they like it? Shit, I've been doing it all wrong. I'm just here to get into dick measuring contests with people over pp.
Wishy
Man I know how you feel and I get what you are going through, you are worse than your dog at osu! so you get mad at the game and argue that it's not that you are worse than a dog at the game but the game itself is bad and that's why you are bad.

winber1

Wishy wrote:

Man I know how you feel and I get what you are going through, you are worse than your dog at osu! so you get mad at the game and argue that it's not that you are worse than a dog at the game but the game itself is bad and that's why you are bad.

i can't improve. i think this is a bug

pls fix
Wishy
game game

game

g

a

me

you just lost it.
Ethelon

bluedoom57 wrote:

P.S. There's no need to personally attack me guys. I'm sure with how you all probably view me, this'll be entirely hypocritical, but nontheless, personal attacks are pointless and immature.
I'm not sure you know what hypocritical means. If this is in response to people telling you about your lack of skill, then it's not a personal attack. It's relevant to why you're ranting.
Your complaints are based on your own lack of ability, and an overestimation of your ability e.g. beats not making sense and sliders succeeding and failing randomly. People are simply pointing out that the source of your complaints isn't rooted in the game, but in you.

People respond to difficulty in two ways:
1. They blame themselves and try to improve.
2. They blame anything but themselves and quit (or don't quit. See: League of Legends).

If you're going to make a (ridiculous and uninformed) complaint topic and try to avoid criticism then go write a blog post on Tumblr. Or PM the guy that asked the question. Cause the osu! forums sure as hell won't hesitate to call out bs.

Otherwise enjoy your stay in PP Hell and your inability to quit missing circles.
buny
Generic thread about trash blaming the game because of lack of skill

Now comes with wall of text
dennischan
OP is the reason why osu forums is getting like a trash bin.
At least make something readable if you want to post.
Vuelo Eluko
sliders suck because they kill the acc pp value of the map

mappers please

put duct tape over the slider button and make real maps again

Riince wrote:

mappers please

Is this a challenge?
GoldenWolf

Riince wrote:

mappers please

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/462736&m=3
Ayachi-
Lolz
He wrote a whole wall of why he doesn't like it and
He said he can't quit at last
Vuelo Eluko

GoldenWolf wrote:

Riince wrote:

mappers please

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/462736&m=3
lol maybe if i was rrtyui
cant fool me 8 star map
ziin

Riince wrote:

cant fool me 8 star map
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/15951

But sliders are fun. Short sliders are not. I don't really care about points, pp, or anything else, which is why I only play fun songs, often on no fail. Sorry you can't find joy in this game anymore.
B1rd
I like sliders. They teach cursor control, especially the ones that are slow and make you jump quickly to the next object. It's hard but satisfying to do.
ZenithPhantasm
My sort of fun nowadays involves spamming CS5/CS6 AR10 editted maps. Now if I had accuracy I might just become a HR player.
Vuelo Eluko

ziin wrote:

Riince wrote:

cant fool me 8 star map
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/15951

But sliders are fun. Short sliders are not. I don't really care about points, pp, or anything else, which is why I only play fun songs, often on no fail. Sorry you can't find joy in this game anymore.
i just dont like the game allowing me to disregard accuracy with no punishment, it's not so much about the pp.
GoldenWolf

B1rd wrote:

I like sliders. They teach cursor control, especially the ones that are slow and make you jump quickly to the next object. It's hard but satisfying to do.
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/462700&m=2
There is always your dream map somewhere.
AegisFTW

GoldenWolf wrote:

B1rd wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/462700&m=2
There is always your dream map somewhere.
This must be slider heaven because I'm in love.

Even though it's a pain in the ass to read.
deletemyaccount

bluedoom57 wrote:

I was going to post this on my earlier topic "advice on how to quit", but it was locked for some reason or another. So I'll just make a new thread for it. This was responding to someone who asked why I didn't like it, and I have a few reasons.
For one thing, the beatmaps are pretty often not even NEARLY on track with the song being played. They tend to have a lot of solo beats or sliders (good lord I hate sliders) that are in absolute no relation to the song whatsoever, and only serve to throw everything off. I've tried adjusting that universal offset thing, and it either has no effect, or it makes things far worse.
Sliders are easily my least favorite part about the game. Even if they do match up to the song, there are plenty of times that they simply don't work. I'll keep my cursor in the little circle, and I'll keep the button held down as usual, but the game just decides "Eh, we want to give you a mistake anyway." Even when this doesn't happen, moving from one slider to another more often than not results in a mistake, because that also doesn't seem to work at all. I've tried alternating keys, using the same key and pressing quicker, I've tried timing it differently, I've tried both of my keyboards, and it randomly decides whether or not it will work.
The difficulty stars are pretty much useless in my opinion, because it's always on a song by song basis anyway. One song with three stars miight be infinitely easier than another song with one star. I've been told that this is due to there being so many community made maps, but if that's the case, I'd rather the difficulty not even be there.
Another thing that I don't like personally, is the way that your health decreases even when you haven't made any mistakes. I miss a few notes here or there, my health goes down, fine. But even when I make up for it by hittiing more notes, my health barely comes back at all. And it continues to go down on it's own, so if there's a small amount of time where there aren't any notes, I fail. I fail because there were no notes for me to even hit? That seems pretty shitty to me. This particular problem I have isn't as prevalent as the others, due to the fact that *usually* the game stops the health from going down when there aren't notes for a bit. But failing because of it happens enough for it to still bother me. I've been told just to "turn on the no fail mode", but that seems pointless. If there's no risk whatsoever, there's no game. If there's no game, there's no point in playing. If there's no point in playing, I might as well just listen to the music on YouTube or something. To me, it's a pointless option, and I'd rather just have some kind of way to make the health not decrease over time.
My biggest problem I have with the game, which is entirely a personal problem, is that I can't quit, even though I very much want to. It's addicted me in a very poor way, and I can't get away from it. All I do whenever I play it, is complain about everything in it. Every little detail just makes me want to smash my computer, but I can't quit.
There'll be people commenting on this probably, telling me how I'm wrong about each of these things. There'll be those who call me an idiot, that's fine. There are those who will tell me to work to get better, but I'm not interested in getting better. I'm only posting this because I was asked to in a previous post, as I said previously. These are the reasons I dislike the game, here you go.
Thanks for sharing