I've finally decided to make a more public release of my skin. This is something I have been working on for almost 9 months, adding bits and pieces all the time. I have made some smaller releases in the past, so if you've seen any of the elements in this skin before, well here's the "source". I have made every single image file in this skin myself from scratch. The only parts I can't claim direct ownership of is some of the soundfiles.
It's a simple skin with a lot of colors and clear shapes. It's a little bit flashy, though I would describe it as energetic
I don't mind if people want to take my elements and use them in their own personal skins with no strings attached. However if you're going to make a public release here in the skinning forum I would like to see my name in the credits with a link back to this thread!
Share as much as you want, no need to ask for my permission directly, consider this paragraph the answer to all such questions. However if you're still unsure, just ask anyway, It's no bother.
There's a folder packed in named "not used", it contains a few extra elements.
- Numbers for hitcircles
- A few thickness options for the hitcircle
- A playfield border modification. Let's you view the osu standard playfield while playing. Doesn't work very well with the other modes, which is why it's not a default element. However if you only play standard and/or CtB, I think it's a very cool addition! Read more about it here
- A couple of options for sounds, mainly combo breaks. I personally use the DAMMIT sound
- Blank/Silent sliderwhistle sounds, I think the choir replacement I have is pretty neat, but I understand it's not going to be everyone's favorite. Lots of skins leave the sliderwhistle sounds blank by default, but I included them as extras, do as you like.
Small note here: the mania playfield is supposed to center aligned, but it only really does that for 1920x1080 resolutions. It's impossible to make it center for all resolutions so I just set it to match the one I use, sorry. If you're not pleased with the position of the mania playfield, go into the numbered #K.ini files and change the "ColumnStart" value.
Images and video
The full gallery of images can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/l2zxi#0
The same images can be viewed in the boxes below but grouped in categories. I strongly suggest using the gallery link above, but whatever suits you I guess!
normal, soft and drum hitsounds http://puu.sh/b5M4l/b5d9434076.webm (music volume 20% SFX volume 70%) plain circle - clap - whistle - finish - plain slider - slider whistle.
Maybe I'll make more videos, no promises.
I'm not any good at video editing so this is what you're gonna have to settle for...
- 24-08-2014 Public release (v6)
- 01-08-2014 v5
- 15-06-2014 v4.5
- 12-04-2014 v4.4
- 06-04-2014 v4.3
- 26-03-2014 v4.2
- 29-01-2014 v3
- 20-01-2014 v2
- 18-12-2013 v1