forum

Tablet size and screen resolution

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
otonashi-senpai
Hey, I noticed that many tablet users play with full area and a lower screen resolution. But I really can't play like this because it makes me too slow.
I'm using my tablet with a very small area and playing with full screen. (1920x1080)

If I turn the resolution lower I can't control the cursor good enough.

So is there any difference between full area and low res. and small area and full screen? Why most people use full area and low resolution?
Kouya-
I actually play with a very Small Area and play in Full Screen .

Though, most of my friends who use to play like me, most likely switched to a bigger area and smaller resolution .

I think it's because it's less shaky and it's more consistent on aiming .

But nevertheless, it's all user's preference and whatever makes you feel comfortable when playing .
Pettanko
Low res makes it easier to see the entire playfield and full screen makes the hitcircles bigger so it's up to you which one you want to take advantage of

i guess a lot of people prefer being able to see the whole playfield without having to move their heads much

in your case you can lower your resolution and slightly increase your tablet area to compensate (so effectively you'll be playing with the same area), just make sure you write down your previous tablet area with fullscreen so you can always revert back to it if the lower resolution doesn't tickle your fancy
sasakura
normally people use large tablet area with small resolution or big resolution and small tablet area.

this is because having a small tablet area makes your pen movement very sensitive meaning your cursor will move a lot with small pen movements so a larger play field would make things easier. now, having a large tablet area is the opposite of a small one so you can have a smaller play field and won't have a problem (because your pen movements are large so you don't have a problem with a small play field).

really it all comes down to your preference, play how you feel most comfortable.
Kazutakee
I think the reason people go for the full area low res style is because they have more stability.
High res mini area style is less stable but increases speed.
I use the mini area too, and there's no problem with it.

Even Sayonara-bye uses a mini area :3
Nase Izumi