forum

Sweden for OWC 2014

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xytox
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu!_World_Cup_2014

OWC is slowly approaching once again, and maybe it's time we prepare ourselves for it. The registrations are now 2nd to 26th October. The group stage starts 8th November.

I'll be captain again; I'll give it to someone else if enough people disagree with me being it. I need players to form a team, so if you're interested, post in here.

Before you sign up though, you need to know a few things:

1. 1. Just because you're in the team does not necessarily mean that you will actually get to play.
    Only 4 players can play at any one point in time, but you're allowed to have 8 players in the team. This is more a safety measure than anything else. If something happens so a player can't show up, there has to be backups to replace said player.

2. 2. You must show up to every single match in the tournament, even if there's a high chance you won't be playing it.
    This is so we actually do have backups and don't have to sit and look like idiots when someone is missing. I've already had enough of stupid crap from last year's tournament, and I'd rather not experience it again.

3. 3. No delaying matches at all, especially not in the group stage.
    If there's a match you don't want to play, you have to specifically tell me so ahead of time. No leaving multiplayer lobbies if I don't tell you it's ok, no telling me "I don't want to play." when I'm telling you to join, etc. Those who organize the tournament are on a very tight schedule, especially when it's group stage. If we delay even just a second, we are not doing what we're supposed to and I will get shit for it.

4. 4. Consistency and being able to play NoMod are the most important aspects of playing in a tournament.
    The majority of the maps in the mappool are NoMod. If you feel like you're not that great at NoMod, then reconsider if you think it's a good idea to sign up. But remember, just because YOU think you're bad a NoMod because you're better at all the other mods, or something along those lines, doesn't necessarily mean that you're actually bad at it compared to other people.

Consistency is also super important. It's all about holding a combo in tournaments. If you get 99.99% with a miss, you will lose against someone who gets 93% accuracy and gets an FC. I need players who rarely miss.

5. 5. The tournament is streamed in front of thousands of people.
    Yeah, that's a lot of people. Do you suffer from stage fright? You can't handle when a bunch of people look at you when playing and they cheer you on? Then this is definitely not for you. If it affects your performance to a point where you become worthless at the game, then you should not sign up for this.
You will also most likely be required to add me on Skype before OWC starts so we can have a private group chat to prepare for the tournament. I will ask for it so you don't have to worry about that part.

And that's pretty much it, I think. If you're interested, as I said, post in here. There's still quite a long time until OWC actually starts, and to be clear, it won't be the 8 first who signs up who gets to be in the team. I'll replace people if necessary when better players decide they want to participate.
Topic Starter
Xytox
The team is finalized and won't change any further.

The Team

Captain:

Players:
Kevs and WORSTPOLACKEU got rejected. l1mi replaced them.
Kotayo
i'll sign up

i mainly play nomod and i feel i'm kind of consistent atleast

other mods i can play are mainly HD and some DT up to my speed limit of about 210bpm
Liiraye
I'll sign up for captain. Mainly play dt 699 bpm and hr sc 10
Slizzer

Xytox wrote:

"I've already had enough of stupid crap from last year's tournament, and I'd rather not experience it again."
>I'm sorry~

"But remember, just because YOU think you're bad a NoMod because you're better at all the other mods, or something along those lines, doesn't necessarily mean that you're actually bad at it compared to other people."
>This sounds like me~

"I need players who rarely miss."
>Well shit...
I signup for all mods~ Yes, even Hidden. Since apparently Sweden sucks at Hidden (Shots fired)
Topic Starter
Xytox

Slizzer wrote:

Since apparently Sweden sucks at Hidden (Shots fired)
SHHH, what if people from other countries look in here and pick HD against us?

And don't blame yourself for anything. Next OWC is gonna be awesome, that's all that matters, weee!
Liiraye
Slizzer was the MVP of OWC 2013 yo

except gyuunyus hr score on seijin that won a round against china #neverforget
Topic Starter
Xytox
We should force Gyuunyu into the team again.
Kevs
I'll sign up! :) No-mod mainly
l1mi
Ill sign up for one of the reserve spots.
WORSTPOLACKEU
I can play HD and DT I guess.
I heard u need someone who can play HD a bit so well, I am here if u want me \o.
Topic Starter
Xytox
Alrightyyy

I thought you got so nervous you gave up in SSO?
WORSTPOLACKEU
I know but Kevin asked me to play since you didn't have HD players. I don't really think I will even get to play unless there is a song I am good at :)
And I will make sure to smoke some shit and dose myself with whatever I need xD dw
I was mostly nervous cause I wanted to be vs Kev later.
Physalis
Yoyo signing up. gonna practice nomod until then, rest of the mods are fine xept for HD lel.
Topic Starter
Xytox
Physalis \:D/
Swe_Wrestler
i'll sign up, i play halftime and fläshlight, i can do 360nocircles aswell 8-) ;)
CXu
Kan jag joina?
Topic Starter
Xytox
You can fite me, CXu.
Satella
if i only was good enoughkappa
Frinator
Time for comeback and get #1? or still be workless and watch anime 24/7?
Topic Starter
Xytox

SnickarN wrote:

if i only was good enough
Stop fishing around for people to tell you you're good and join the team instead if you truly want to be in it.
Satella

Xytox wrote:

SnickarN wrote:

Stop fishing around for people to tell you you're good and join the team instead if you truly want to be in it.
b-b-but i'm FiskarN ;;
roufou

Xytox wrote:

SnickarN wrote:

if I only was swedish enough
kleps

Tjolahop wrote:

i'll sign up, i play halftime and fläshlight, i can do 360nocircles aswell 8-) ;)
thumbs up for fläshlight
Gnuu
Signing up for everything except Hidden.
Topic Starter
Xytox
GNUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
GNUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
MyAngelMiori
Xytox, please. You broke the layout.
Topic Starter
Xytox

Bnyuu wrote:

Xytox, please. You broke the layout.
Det är lugnt. Så länge vi har Saten omkring så blir mina posts fixade.
Saten
I think I got it now
Fushu_old
gl hf. Om ett år eller så. Då är jag med hoppas jag :D
Slizzer

Gnuu wrote:

Signing up for everything except Hidden.

woop

We might ACTUALLY make it out of groups this year!
Vanillaire
Boop, if needed. Everything but hidden
Topic Starter
Xytox
Eh, I don't know. I think Physalis said something about wanting to leave the team. I could probably ask him if I ever see him online. Regardless, if you want to be in the team, you're gonna be. Someone is gonna have to empty a spot for you, I just don't know who yet.

On another note: The userpage thingies seem to be partially down. And something I forgot to say is that you will most likely be required to add me on Skype before OWC starts so we can have a private group chat to prepare for the tournament.
Slizzer
Eh, Physalis left? Why?.. ;;
Topic Starter
Xytox
He didn't, he just said that he's not that good a nomod or something like that, so he wanted to be removed. But I never removed him since I was thinking he could probably get away with just playing DT and HR.

In the end I'm not so sure if I even want a player that can't play nomod at all, but at the same time I'm not even sure how "bad" he is. Like the entire team should probably play some multi together to see each person's consistency under pressure right on the spot so it would be easier to decide.
show more