forum

How to add videos on a ranked map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jatie
Title. I want to know how to do it without it being unranked (it won't register online). I want to replace some non-HD videos with HD counterparts, and some alternative videos.
0. Put video in folder
1. Put .osb file with these strings
[Events]
//Background and Video events
0,0,"lol.png",0,0
Video,0,"%vidname%.avi"
//Storyboard Layer 0 (Background)
//Storyboard Layer 1 (Fail)
//Storyboard Layer 2 (Pass)
//Storyboard Layer 3 (Foreground)
//Storyboard Sound Samples
2. Replace %vidname% with video name. AVI extension could be replaced with FLV if needed
Topic Starter
Jatie

inverness wrote:

0. Put video in folder
1. Put .osb file with these strings
[Events]
//Background and Video events
0,0,"lol.png",0,0
Video,0,"%vidname%.avi"
//Storyboard Layer 0 (Background)
//Storyboard Layer 1 (Fail)
//Storyboard Layer 2 (Pass)
//Storyboard Layer 3 (Foreground)
//Storyboard Sound Samples
2. Replace %vidname% with video name. AVI extension could be replaced with FLV if needed
I forgot to mention I am a complete noob with this sort of stuff, so could I get an easier explanation please?
For example the map you want to add video to is Mr. XX - The Song mapped by JACK. So, go inside the folder Mr. XX - The Song in Songs folder, put the video file, open notepad, paste the strings and continue what I've mentioned above, save as Mr. XX - The Song [JACK].osb . This should be easy enough.
Topic Starter
Jatie

inverness wrote:

For example the map you want to add video to is Mr. XX - The Song mapped by JACK. So, go inside the folder Mr. XX - The Song in Songs folder, put the video file, open notepad, paste the strings and continue what I've mentioned above, save as Mr. XX - The Song [JACK].osb . This should be easy enough.
After a bit of tweaking your code, it works, but a message comes up that deleting a background makes osu angggggggggggryyyyyyyyyyy!. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

PS there is still the normal background when disabling the video, which seems very strange.