forum

Does anyone feel like rhythms are incorrect when playing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tohnotakaki
This applies mainly to Freedom dive. I have no problem with following up with the circles (get 95%+ on relax) but when I try autopilot the timing for the tapping seems to be imperfect, like its not the true rhythm of the song... I can kind of feel it since ive been playing the piano for 10 years.
Anyone have the same problem?
Varetyr
It might be that the map is just incredibly hard and out of your league, I used to think the same when I discovered this map, for example. Also, autopilot makes things very, very awkward to play because of the ridiculously slow cursor which only reaches the circles at the "exact" timing of the note, and thus, a completely inhuman move.

Also it "could" be a problem with your local offset, but uh... Autopilot is a problem by itself tbh, you would probably do something better without it. :/
[Bystander]
Here are some Beatmaps that might help.

Offset Wizard Beatmap - Play this while running the Offset Wizard to determine if you need any audio offset. Mine is set to 0.

Keyboard Latency Test Beatmap - Use this to determine how long it takes for your key presses to register to osu!. This will give you a rough estimate. (Read Instructions)

Helpful forum thread.
Optimizing osu!
piruchan

Varetyr wrote:

Also, autopilot makes things very, very awkward to play because of the ridiculously slow cursor which only reaches the circles at the "exact" timing of the note, and thus, a completely inhuman move.
This is true, clicking with autopilot can feels really weird at times.
BrokenArrow
Autopilot is stupid because the cursor tries to move as smoothly as possible instead of moving to the notes as quickly as possible. On maps with long jumps on a high bpm you are gonna miss a note if your timing is just slightly off because the cursor isn't on top of the note yet.. hard to explain but I think you get the point.
buckiehero
Autopilot is wierd
Gumpy

buckiehero wrote:

Autopilot is wierd
It's Fucking Stupid.
Evanesce
Another reason is that your tapping hand could becoming more tired as you get further into the map which can reduce your accuracy :D . I would suggest trying slower maps first. :D
Shohei Ohtani
TRUE RHYTHM
Shivarion

[Bystander] wrote:

Here are some Beatmaps that might help.

Offset Wizard Beatmap - Play this while running the Offset Wizard to determine if you need any audio offset. Mine is set to 0.

Keyboard Latency Test Beatmap - Use this to determine how long it takes for your key presses to register to osu!. This will give you a rough estimate. (Read Instructions)

Helpful forum thread.
Optimizing osu!
Bookmarked-
Kouya-
Haha, I hate auto-pilot .

It's so slow and it feels pretty dang weird .

Also, I use to think that as well 6 months back .

But, I just realized that the map was just to complicated for me to understand .
Nameless
Most ranked songs are in time, you just need to listen to what the notes are in time with :P
Although, autopilot does make it feel weird.
AutoMedic
why would you bump a 28 day thread
IppE
Because that's much cooler than posting in a "Post your x" thread like everyone else, dummy.