forum

The Osu community has some strong arms

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Arousedpalms
Alright, so I've been here for a few months and so far I've only been able to spin 200's (If I'm lucky). Looking for some tips on how to spin a little bit faster, I find some forums. I see comments saying "Oh yeah I spin 300's when I'm being lazy" or "Who doesn't spin over 200?" like excuse u tell me ur secrets pls. But seriously is there any tips you guys can give me to become a better spinner and get at least a decent place on the leader boards?
brendanuhs
spin in a circle. use your arm. practice more. that's about all there is.
Vuelo Eluko
although i agree 200 is abysmal, dont try to get on scoreboards that are defined fully by spinners. you won't get better like that.
[-Cloud-]
Play more.
winber1
considering you've barely even played this game, you don't even have a right to complain yet. It will get easier as you play more. I only spin around 350 on good days. I rarely ever go over 400.

you don't even need to understand how to spin at your level either.
GoldenWolf
Smalls and fast centered movements if you're using a fairly low DPI (below ~1000)
Topic Starter
Arousedpalms

winber1 wrote:

considering you've barely even played this game, you don't even have a right to complain yet. It will get easier as you play more. I only spin around 350 on good days. I rarely ever go over 400.

you don't even need to understand how to spin at your level either.
Oops... Sorry if I sounded too ambitious.
Topic Starter
Arousedpalms
But thanks brendanuhs, Riince, [-Cloud-], winber1 and GoldenWolf for helping me! Guess practice makes perfect after all ^^
Iamnobody
There's always https://osu.ppy.sh/s/110052/ if you want to practice more quickly. And murder your arm.

But yeah, ultimately the best way to learn anything in this game is practice through regular play. It'll come eventually.
Loves
Circular motion with your hand. Even 300 is considered slow in this day and age. 350~ Minimum for longer spins, 420~ for shorter spins.
GoldenWolf

Loves wrote:

420~ for shorter spins.
blaze it
Loves

GoldenWolf wrote:

Loves wrote:

420~ for shorter spins.
blaze it
S-Senpai Wolf-Chan noticed me? *blushes*

GoldenWolf
Oh god this again ;_;
koromo
Golden is taken guys.
Loves

GoldenWolf wrote:

Oh god this again ;_;

Y-You mean Love-Chan is n-not good enough for W-wolf-Senpai?

GoldenWolf

Loves wrote:

Y-You mean Love-Chan is n-not good enough for W-wolf-Senpai?

koromo wrote:

Golden is taken guys.
;_;
Loves

koromo wrote:

Golden is taken guys.

Bauxe
On topic, I can only spin like 250. That shits hard. :(
Dexus

Gay&Romance Saga
つづく
-Soba-
Golden is belongs to the community kororo
Granger

Loves wrote:

Go on... im enjoying this.

Also...
>Strong arms
>Aroused palms

Lol'd.

Altough im not a good spinner either (i hate them actually) this isnt something you need to worry about just yet, and when you need to, you've gotten better at them till then.
I Give Up
I admit since I no longer care about spinners I only spin ~200 most of the time. My pp doesn't factor in anyway.
Noobsicle
i'm like 40kg and skinny as hell like those weak ass shy >/////< protagonists in those shounens but i could blaze 420spm if i tried hard
FlyingKebab
Rofl 40 kg how tall are your then?
Noobsicle
6" ;_;
Rewben2
Yeah every player in the top 50 can bench 300kg
Mizuno Yui

Rewben2 wrote:

Yeah every player in the top 50 can bench 300kg
With their tapping fingers 8-)
Topic Starter
Arousedpalms

Granger wrote:

Loves wrote:

Go on... im enjoying this.

Also...
>Strong arms
>Aroused palms

Lol'd.

Altough im not a good spinner either (i hate them actually) this isnt something you need to worry about just yet, and when you need to, you've gotten better at them till then.
Lmao that's probably my problem why I can't spin if my life depended on it.
My palm is just too aroused to spin... But wouldn't it go faster because of that?

ASKING THE REAL QUESTIONS.
Insyni
You just get used to it after a while.

Just a general tip though, you spin faster when you are actually making circles. So it seems to be faster to spin slower than trying to go insane.
Bedrock
Is ~300-440 good? I started spinning counter clockwise and oddly I started doing way better (but I don't know if other people do that as well).
Rewben2

BedrockSolid wrote:

Is ~300-440 good? I started spinning counter clockwise and oddly I started doing way better (but I don't know if other people do that as well).
Eh, it's not really good enough to compete with spinner scores (unless you maintain 440 most of the time) but it's good enough to not have to worry about missing (most) spinners.
B1rd
I can only spin 300-350 with tablet and 200 with mouse. I want to get good at spinning though, so I mapped a 4 and a half minute song with a spinner which I practice every day.
Topic Starter
Arousedpalms

B1rd wrote:

I can only spin 300-350 with tablet and 200 with mouse. I want to get good at spinning though, so I mapped a 4 and a half minute song with a spinner which I practice every day.
Has your spinning with the mouse improved after practicing with the map?
B1rd
I practice with tablet.
I can spin >300 consistently most of the time. If it's a long spinner and I actually have energy.
Granger
Consistently less than 300? Thats slow man. I mean, even i can spin around 320 avg peaking into the 400 sometimes.
But it throws off my aim and makes me miss the next note(s)...
VirtualMuffin
Your play count is pretty low. I wouldn't worry too much. My spins was just over 200 when I first started too. Then with time I naturally get 260-270 without trying.

Then if i put effort in I occasionally reach 400.

Keep playing and everything does improve, though at different rates. My hidden skill for example is not much better than when i started.

Granger wrote:

Consistently less than 300? Thats slow man. I mean, even i can spin around 320 avg peaking into the 400 sometimes.
But it throws off my aim and makes me miss the next note(s)...
WAIT WHAT
i mean consistently over 300
show more