forum

Any tips for passing the big black

posted
Total Posts
show more
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
I'll never fully understand why random xx xxx< rank people pick airman/bigblack/X 250 bpm ar10 unranked shit when I join their multi lobbies.

Is there some site where you new people go and it tells you to play 250bpm unranked shit maps or big black? Do you think it makes you less shit if you play maps 2hard4u on NF and get D/C on them?
D e s
bcause they having fun spam circles
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
So in other words, they're retards?
piruchan
Here's what I did with airman :

1. Put NF HT (I can't hit a thing without HT)
2. Pass the map (Of course, I used NF)
3. Watch rrtyui's replay (because he was #1 back then)
4. See him beat my score before the intro even finished (??????)
5. Cry in a corner.

You can do that with big black, scarlet rose, (put any super crazy maps here) and replace rrtyui with whoever has the #1 spot on the map.

I suck at this game, but maybe because I was playing normal diffs when I was at your level
Mystrian_old
You need BIG pp to ply BIG BLACK.
cheezstik
You already have a 52 and a 47pp song at rank 133k, while most people dont get 40+pp songs until they are <99k. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but your rank is so much lower than what it should be considering your highest pp song is 52pp. This is because you clearly only try to play songs that are way too hard for you (big black), and dont have many 25-35pp songs, making your rank lower than it should be. While this can be good for some lucky high pp songs for your rank, you won't be improving much, and will probably just learn to spam circles, and your reading / sense of rhythm will be terrible.

You don't have to play normally like everyone else if you don't want to, as osu is like most other games (for fun), but it will definitely be better for you in the long run. You can still definitely get to the top with that playstyle (I remember seeing a thread where a rank 2k said he couldn't play any maps that weren't insane AR9+ because he started playing only insanes with NF from day one). Also keep in mind not many people can actually pass big black without NF / HT, there probably isn't anyone that is >10k rank that can legitimately pass big black, so you still have a long way to go before you need to worry about that map.

If I were you, I would play hards and go for FC's, that will improve consistency over time and give you a normal learning curve, as well as making your rank look nicer faster. I played normally and focused on rhythm / streaming (keyboard hand) more than jumps, and now while I have an average tablet hand for my rank, i definitely think my keyboard hand is pretty ahead for my rank (I managed to pass Mythologias End at around rank 27k, which I think is impressive at least).
jesse1412
Never use relax mod, it has nothing to do with your aim and it ignores note locking.
blourgh

jesus1412 wrote:

Never use relax mod, it has nothing to do with your aim and it ignores note locking.
you just don't GET it, he got a B
Topic Starter
byfar
Ty cheezstik.

As for anyone else, ty for your very 'constructive' criticism
Bauxe

byfar wrote:

Ty cheezstik.

You expect people to take this seriously? Really? REALLY?
Granger
Passing it?
Add no fail.

Else forget it untill you've gotten good.
I Give Up

KukiMonster wrote:

Play for at least 2 years before attempting BB.

byfar wrote:

Ty cheezstik.

I was being serious, play for at least 2 years is the best advice anyone can give you. You should focus on short term goals rather than having a single big goal like this. Because it can take 2 years for player to reach +4k pp, and at that range passing the big black with A is a possibility.

Playing NF/relax big black at an early stage is great for warm-ups but it absolutely does not improve skill. To attest to this, I tried it over 100 times and yielded no result.

Instead, practice on the hardest map you can pass without mods, then grind pp on maps that you can FC at your current skill.
Makan1
at your state it is not possible for you to pass big black. give it up and come back in 1.5~ years when you might have a chance. like seriously, there is no chance. want to see why? put on NF only and see your score then.

I can give you one tip to help you improve the game, but its a secret tip

the key to passing big black is....

BY PLAYING THE FUCKING GAME
Top Bunk
You are by far not ready for it. pun fully intended

I have three tips for you.
1) Play more.
2) Rinse and repeat #1.
3) Try again in a few years. Or grind woobowiz style and possibly make it in a year or two.
Topic Starter
byfar
ajajajajaj

ok im retarded sorry for this topic

#thedream

back to praktising
Pettanko
you're not retarded you were just misguided by the relax mod

seriously don't use that mod to gauge your skill level
Vuelo Eluko
i can 99% jumppudding with relax
but it gets embarrassing when i play it normally

relax is seriously useless, can be fun though when the maps are just so far beyond being possible it's not even funny ala https://osu.ppy.sh/s/196262

the main part of osu's difficulty is controlling your aiming and tapping at the same time, it takes a lot of 'brain power' to do both at once. it's further made harder by the hands tendency to do the same thing as the other, which is why it can be mildly challenging to rub your belly while patting your head for example. Except instead of rough motions like that, it's much more intricate and precise ones that the hands are expecting to perform completely independent of eachother. It goes from mildly challenging to incredibly difficult at that point, and is why it takes so, SO, SO much practice to get good.

tl;dr just because you can pass something like freedom dive with relax and autopilot, does not mean you can necessarily do it normally even though it may seem like it should mean that.
Senpoii
Try again next year.
FlyingKebab

Ilfri wrote:

Try again next year.
Lol'd.
ZenithPhantasm
*Finds useless advice*
Aria Kanzaki
Don't even bother; after playing over a year, I still fail in the first 10 seconds.
Topic Starter
byfar

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

*Finds useless advice*
wow u realize this was when i first started playing 2 months ago why u necro :/

no kapacinouu plsu omg y ;(
[-Cloud-]
Spam both keys until you're through the map.
Blanky
I know you regret making this post and understand how stupid it is, and by no means do I intend to offend you. But this is the first post to literally make me cringe.
Karuta-_old_1

jesus1412 wrote:

sorry to digress but what is note locking?

and if you are missing jumps with relax mode on, you'd better work on your aim because doing that while you are streaming and tapping is way harder
Topic Starter
byfar

Blanky wrote:

I know you regret making this post and understand how stupid it is, and by no means do I intend to offend you. But this is the first post to literally make me cringe.
good. means u got a good read.
[-Cloud-]

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

jesus1412 wrote:

sorry to digress but what is note locking?

and if you are missing jumps with relax mode on, you'd better work on your aim because doing that while you are streaming and tapping is way harder
Note -> Aim on it -> Press Key -> Note - Aim on it -> Press Key. You need to stop for every note, before you're going to the next.
Your aim basically gets lazy by playing Relax.
chainpullz
If I had a pp for every time someone necro'd something in G&R for absolutely no reason at all then I would be rank 0 by now... seriously ppl, stahp with the random necros.
bloo Fanboy

Bauxe wrote:

Wow you can't even beat big black at 1000 plays I was fullcombing it with double time at that point wow your bad noob you should quit.
nobody beat it with DT
Sandy Hoey

chainpullz wrote:

If I had a pp for every time someone necro'd something in G&R for absolutely no reason at all then I would be rank 0 by now... seriously ppl, stahp with the random necros.
Hiro-Senpai
necropostphilia is strong in this one
Topic Starter
byfar

Walrus108 wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

Wow you can't even beat big black at 1000 plays I was fullcombing it with double time at that point wow your bad noob you should quit.
nobody beat it with DT
actually i beat it with dt :^)
Phlana
wow i want a big black
Aegyo
autism
KupcaH

Hiro-Senpai wrote:

necropostphilia is strong in this one
zekromshock

I Give Up wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

Play for at least 2 years before attempting BB.

byfar wrote:

Ty cheezstik.

I was being serious, play for at least 2 years is the best advice anyone can give you. You should focus on short term goals rather than having a single big goal like this. Because it can take 2 years for player to reach +4k pp, and at that range passing the big black with A is a possibility.

Playing NF/relax big black at an early stage is great for warm-ups but it absolutely does not improve skill. To attest to this, I tried it over 100 times and yielded no result.

Instead, practice on the hardest map you can pass without mods, then grind pp on maps that you can FC at your current skill.
But his account says he's been playing for 3 years.
Serraionga
one of the dumbest necros byfar

XDXDXD
Rynnavinx

MapleDialga wrote:

But his account says he's been playing for 3 years.
Not sure if joke or not.

But if not, check the post's date lmao.
kai99
wew lad that three years improvement tho
dang
worst fl player
resurrecting dead memes are we?
show more