Congratulations !
Stefan
Oh that was something fast! Congrats!
Senritsu
godaamnit so fast :/
Gratz! ovo
OnosakiHito

Reason for Disqualification

1. Disqualified for consecutive mapping in all lower difficulties.
  2. Concerns also apply to Oni which aren't as urgent as in lower diffs., but which should be noted to avoid having a too big spread from Muzu to Oni after changes are made. Since Inner and Oni have in some parts a big similarity; deleting notes would make this less noticeable and save the spread to Muzu automatically.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Additional Modding

[General]
First of all let me say that in my opinion the set is pretty good. I would even go so far to say it is -more or less- flawles. Spread is overall also pretty good, even though it becomes a bit denser in upper diffs, but that's fine. Beside that, the consecutive mapping doesn't endanger the spread since all lower diffs are mapped in this way. Well, talking about this(and as it's stated above), the set has been disqualified due to consecutive mapping which concerns are mainly dedicated to the lower difficulties. Reason for this is the beatwise mapping; the beat is constantly going on and you are mapping to it -more or less- strictly. The good thing is because of this, the maps have a well structure. So it shouldn't be problematic to delete some notes. I will give some suggestions in the K+F+M up to the end of the first kiai which can be applied in upcoming parts in a similar way. I might add some other suggestions as well.

Purple-like coloured points are set related concerns / suggestions / ..., which can be checked at the same time.

[ Kantan]
SPOILER
From 00:18:532 to 01:52:649 (with the exception at 01:14:218) we have an over 1:30 minute long consecutive 2/1+1/1 mapping. So a 2/1 gap can't work as break which should differ the parts/stanzas in the song from each other. Since the snapping is 2/1+1/1, 4/1 breaks are needed. That makes the stanzas have their own patterns. Let's zoom out, so this becomes a bit more clear( 00:45:635 ):

Now I'm going to give examples based on the disqualify reasons(delet suggestions are left blank). Since you map beatwise, it should be easy to make changes.

1. 00:30:296 (44) -
  2. 00:36:571 (54) - and add kat at 00:36:963 - for consistency with 00:30:688
  3. 00:42:845 (63) -
  4. 00:42:845 -
  5. 00:49:120 - Same as above.
  6. 00:49:904 - This is a calmer part. Hence, I recommend to have now some more deletions or bigger breaks.
    → 00:51:473 and 00:52:649
    → 00:57:747
  7. 01:02:453 - Part has more impact than previous, yet should have some less notes as well to give upcoming kiai a bigger impact. Compare this (01:07:159) with this (01:19:708). Pretty similar if you ask me(considering ND and difficulty), even though we have two different emphasized parts.
    → 01:03:630, 01:07:943 (?), 01:09:904
    → Or you ignore above arrow suggestion and change it to this from 01:02:453 to 01:14:022(or something similar). Should be still fair to your mapping. Sorry for interfering in the patterns.
  8. 01:15:002 - Kiai can be left as it is. Normaly I prefer to have there breaks too, but let's leave that aside. Now if you ask me, kiai should be much more emphasized due to the possible previous deletions. The impact of the consecutive mapping in the kiai has become greater.
  9. 01:40:100~01:49:512 - Same as before.
  10. (...)
[ Futsuu]
SPOILER
Same introduction like in Kantan, just with the difference that Futsuu provides mostly 1/1+1/2 with some 2/1 breaks. Hence, you should have some more 2/1 and if possible sometimes 4/1. 00:18:532~00:46:767 - 2/1 are available, but too sparingly. You can easily have some more.

1. 00:00:493 - Wouldn't hurt to simplify a tiny bit. E.g. 00:02:454 deleting.
  2. 00:09:120 (22) -
  3. 00:12:650 - ?
  4. 00:15:395 -
  5. 00:16:767 - Could be deleted and give surrounding kats finisher impact.
  6. 00:21:277 - Possible to delete. At this point I find it personally too much for a Futsuu. But that's up to you. 00:23:630 would be more emphasized due to rise of notes.
  7. 00:24:806 - From here it starts to become dense. Doublets aren't easy patterns especially when having some variations. Beside that, it goes up to 00:31:081 which is about 7 seconds long. This trend goes on in the whole diff. which is one of the main concerns here. The harder patterns in a Futsuu become, the more breaks they should contain to give lower player a short rest. Some parts a more of an easy Muzukashii when considering the BPM beside the other factors.
    → 00:26:571 (61,64,71,72) - 00:26:571, 00:27:551, 00:29:708, 00:30:100 (?) - In this way notes like 00:28:139 become a bigger impact since such patterns carry one more kat than the others.
    → 00:32:845 -
    → 00:33:237~00:35:786 - If you deleted above suggestions, the last stanza of this section should be much more emphasized now as the song itself is. So it represents the song maybe a bit better as well.
  8. 00:37:355 - Same here up to 00:46:767 (will just mention a suggestion for the beginning of this section)
    → Either you delete notes like 00:39:120 this again, or if you want to have some varity delete note at 00:39:512
    → 00:40:688 Same here. Deleting this note and 00:39:512 would give you a emphasized pattern kd d dk and a less emphasized one d d d. Well, just an idea of mine. Maybe you wanna keep it consistent or have other ideas.
    00:49:904 - Same as Kantan. But here it is porbably enough to delete single notes.
    → 00:52:257, 00:58:532 (If you don't like that try something else please. Maybe reducing doublet usage or so.)
    01:02:453~01:14:022 - Similar as above suggestions/recommendations.
    → 01:06:375 - Possible to delete
  9. Like in Kantan, kiai is fine. Yet, I recommend some slight deletions to prevent the Kiai being too hard.
    → 01:20:884, 01:21:081
    → 01:33:433, 01:33:630
  10. 01:40:100~01:49:512 - Same as above.
  11. (...)
[ Muzukashii]
SPOILER
Same introduction like in Kantan and Futsuu, just with the difference that Muzu provides mostly dense 1/1+1/2 with some 1/4 as well. Hence, you should have some more 2/1 and if possible sometimes 4/1.

- This time I will make it short, most points which got mentioned in K and F can be checked in Muzu as well, just with different snapping -

1. 00:00:493 - Muzu is closer to Oni than Futsuu. Recommending to simplify it.
  2. 00:18:532 - Muzu provides the same patterns like Oni and Inner. To make the spread a bit smoother, you should delete some finishers to come closer to Futsuu.
  3. 00:26:963 -
  4. 00:29:708 - delete, 00:30:100 - move to 00:29:904, 00:30:296 - delete (d k x kkdk...)
    → What you could do as well is just removing the two kats at 00:30:688
  5. (...)
  6. 00:36:963 (145) -
  7. 00:49:904~01:02:453 - Same like Kantan and Futsuu, but this time Muzu has some similar patterns to Oni. It's not that urgent, yet you can/should delete some notes to come closer to Futsuu.
  8. (...)
  9. 01:20:884 and 01:21:081 - Same like in Futsuu. Kiai is fine, but can have slight deletions.
  10. (...)
  11. 02:55:786 - Could map only to the flute
  12. (...)
[ Oni]
SPOILER
I can see many patterns which are kinda similar to Inner. Sometimes it looks like copy paste from Inner with small deletions, but I know that's rather due to your beatwise mapping. Anyway, that's not the actual problem. It is rather the spread now. To not endanger the spread to Muzu, I recommend to look one more time through Inner and Oni and compare some parts to each other and make sure that Oni has becomes the easier way of mapping. Same can be done from Oni to Muzu. As you saw in the Muzu mod, I mentioned some similar parts already. Beside that, it wouldn't hurt to have in Oni some deletions sections I mentioned in the previous diffs before, too. Would help the spread as well. - Jump to Inner is nothing I see a problem in. Talked about it in trello once. lol

1. 00:00:493 - Mostly mapped like Inner. You should simplify it a bit to make the spread overall smoother.
  2. 00:00:493~00:24:806 - Great similarity to Inner. You should reconsider the usage of 1/2 and 1/4 here. get closder to Muzu.
    → 00:18:532 - Oni provides the same patterns like Muzu and Inner. To make the spread a bit smoother, you should delete some finishers to come closer to Muzu.
  3. 00:24:806 - up to next point you have at least in 1/2 patterns a great similarity to Inner. Delete some of them to come closer to Muzu's spread.
  4. 00:41:669~00:47:355 - Great similarity with Inner. Delete some notes e.g. 1/2.
  5. 00:49:904~01:02:453 - Same like Kantan and Futsuu, but this time Oni has some similar patterns to Inner. Maybe not that urgent, yet you can/should delete some notes to come closer to Muzukashii.
  6. (...)
Looks big, huh? Well, overall I mentioned the same points an concerns since it's mainly about the consecutive mapping.
As I said, in my opinion the maps are made decent, but mapping in the lower diffs for such a long time in one row is problematic. Also the similarity in Inner and Oni is rather questionable to me, but not a problem after all. In general I didn't touch your patterns - just suggested deletions (which are in most cases suggestions since you might have better ideas).

Ah... now I wish I would have modded this earlier. But anyway, I'm pretty sure this gets soon requalified once the needed changes are done.
Good luck.
Topic Starter
Love
To grave we go.

This is a game that primarily uses keyboard, each difficulty represents how a difficulty plays. The "consecutive mapping" you speak of does not exist as I did leave logical spacing and breaks for each difficulty. The BPM is low enough for a good amount of 1/1 usage on the Kantan, which was used accordingly. I've had people test my Muzu and some test my Oni, some both and they thought it was great. The way you're stating things are more "authentic" which this isn't the original game. We have perks for being based around a keyboard. With that said, I'm not going to make any changes.

PS. I also requested you to look at this a week before this was qualified. I understand that you have been busy, but I gave extra time so this would've been prevented.
TKS
... :o

btw i think that you should remove a space between Wagakki and band.
also it should be lower-case imo because of the official website.

official twitter is using WagakkiBand as a name. but in this case, maybe we should prioritize the official website.
Topic Starter
Love
I'll do WagakkiBand instead if I ever feel like updating.

Which is never.
Nwolf
I don't get why this had to happen this late. Just like I don't get how that is a reason for unqualify.

rip best Oni 2014
Dainesl
This will still be the best mapset of 2014 in my book ;_;7
Topic Starter
Love

Nwolf wrote:

I don't get why this had to happen this late. Just like I don't get how that is a reason for unqualify.

rip best Oni 2014
Well, the disqualify already added more to my bad day anyways. Forever updated on 8/31.
Asagi Mutsuki
rip best taco set of 2014 ;w;
Dolphin
nice job trying to fix something not broken. :lol:
tsundoll
Jeez, every good map is getting disqualified lately.
Shiro
why is the drain in inner oni so unforgiving i failed with 91% accuracy Q.Q
(granted, i suck at taiko)
Topic Starter
Love
probably missed too much at one spot to recover enough
karterfreak
Apologies for missing the WagakkiBand thing @ Love.

Also there's nothing wrong with the difficulty spread, stop being a hardass for no reason.

This should have never been unqualified other than for the title fix.
Topic Starter
Love

Tasha wrote:

Apologies for missing the WagakkiBand thing @ Love.

Also there's nothing wrong with the difficulty spread, stop being a hardass for no reason.

This should have never been unqualified other than for the title fix.
Actually, the Artist will still be placed as Wagakki Band, everywhere it is listed as such.
DakeDekaane
I think I didn't researched more about the band orz (yeah it says Wagakki Band everywhere, but we can't ignore their official websit)

I should say I agree a bit on Ono as Kantan was like more 2/1 which was a bit monotonical as I told you, but didn't want to force that opinion, so I guess I have some guilt too.

Please next year ;w;
Topic Starter
Love

DakeDekaane wrote:

I think I didn't researched more about the band orz (yeah it says Wagakki Band everywhere, but we can't ignore their official websit)

I should say I agree a bit on Ono as Kantan was like more 2/1 which was a bit monotonical as I told you, but didn't want to force that opinion, so I guess I have some guilt too.

Please next year ;w;
Thing is about their website, I'd rather go with a ton of places, especially how it's listed on last.fm with the most scrobbles. It uses the unicode 和楽器バンド but there it's translated to Wagakki Band, so this will not change.
Topic Starter
Love
finally it's graved
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.