forum

Simple ways to transfer maps to other computers?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
twinshiggy
Is there a simple way of transferring maps from one computer to another?
I may have to move to another country soon and I would like to continue playing osu! with all the maps I have.
DeletedUser_3905941
flash drive
Kouya-
(USB) Flash Drives, SD cards, etc.
Topic Starter
twinshiggy
flash drive
(USB) Flash Drives, SD cards, etc.

What I would like to know specfically:
Can I simply copy the whole "osu" file in program files and place it in the new computer and if so,
if I put it in program files, will it automatically pick up the maps when I redownload osu?
Kouya-

twinshiggy wrote:

Can I simply copy the whole "osu" file in program files and place it in the new computer
Just re-download osu in the new computer and copy the folders in osu in the program files like songs, screenshots, replays, etc.

Just in case osu might be missing some files from your old computer, I'd suggest re-downloading osu .

twinshiggy wrote:

if I put it in program files, will it automatically pick up the maps when I redownload osu?
Yeah, after you replaced all the folders in the osu folder, just hit f5, on the song select menu, to refresh your song list and there you go .
Topic Starter
twinshiggy
Alright.
Glad that is sorted.
[Bystander]
Google Drive works too if you want to try that.
silmarilen

twinshiggy wrote:

Can I simply copy the whole "osu" file in program files and place it in the new computer and if so,
yes
Witch Mercy
I did it through using network's public sharing.
Topic Starter
twinshiggy
Google Drive works too if you want to try that.
Will just get an USB but good idea.
b-a-d-ass123
Flash drive, or google drive.