forum

How do you read triples & streams?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Saphirshroom
I've had quite some problems with triples and streams on Hard-Insane difficulty maps, so I wanted to ask you guys how you manage to read them?
Do you just listen to the rhythm of the song and try to deduce the speed which you'll be tapping with or do you actually look at the approach circles? Listening to the rhythm seems easier to me personally, but I'm afraid that I might get screwed over on harder maps when reading gets more difficult (and me being the person that listens to the music rather than looking at the approach circles might not be able to read the songs anymore).
I just wonder what your preference of these two styles is...
f i z i k
listen to the music and expect them (and obviously tap to the speed you hear). literally the only way i can play them on hdhr,although I remember reading approchcircles when i started playing insanes.
Maxis
Why not both?

I used to use only the rhythm as well (didn't really work much alone) then I learned how to read them properly. It honestly just happens with practice.

I think my mindset when reading them though is that I deduce beforehand where every note is actually timed in comparison to the music (whether it lands on a downbeat, blue tick, etc..). It's a kind of reading I picked up when I was training my accuracy and I just do it all the time now, it does help with understanding the stream and being able to play it accurately.
sayonara_sekai
it just came to me naturally. Combination of getting familiar with different BPMs by playing a lot and listening to the music and predicting how its supposed to sound. Doubles on the other hand.... just kill me
Topic Starter
Saphirshroom
Mkay, so it's basically a combination of the both. Thank you for the replies!
timemon
you should look at the hit-error meter at the bottom of your screen too.
When you do streams and triples; the hits should be near each other, or you might have a hard time when playing harder maps because they require much more precise accuracy.
Topic Starter
Saphirshroom
Hmm... It seems to me that I really have problems reading spaced out triples (are triples that aren't bunched up even called triples?) and streams in general. I mean, I can't even get an FC on some 2.5 Star maps since they have slow streams and spaced out triples. But I guess that comes with experience :\
power007
this is how I do it

and this is after 3 years of playing osu!
Dammie
-Take any song
-Press edit
-Make it ar 9/9.5
-Play play and play.

Realize that triples are usually used on the end of a 1/4 beat, or every 2/4 on a 3/8 map, you will learn this when you play more insane songs. When you realize this you will be hitting triples even when there is a single note, and ask yourself why he dont put a triple there when he maped it if the beat calls it lol.
Makan1
you get better by.... hold on, I need to check if no one is looking >_>
come closer

the secret is....

PLAY THE FUCKING GAME
Gumpy

Makan1 wrote:

PLAY THE FUCKING GAME
The ultimate secret.
Rewben2
I read with my eyes
YukinoDesuDesu
so tell me what is the secret to always get 300's on triples. IS IT,,,.. play MORe? But senpai please// I play every single day?!?
Topic Starter
Saphirshroom

Asiangodx2 wrote:

so tell me what is the secret to always get 300's on triples. IS IT,,,.. play MORe? But senpai please// I play every single day?!?
Mhm, that's always the solution but I was afraid of getting into bad habits early... Those bad habits being that I barely look at the approach circles at all and rather play to the music - I was afraid that I might be unable to play harder maps because of my inability to read the map.
Makan1

Asiangodx2 wrote:

excuse me for not making myself clear the first time

PLAY THIS GAME A LOT TO GET GOOD. IF YOU DONT THINK YOU'RE GOOD LIKE ME, THEN YOU'RE NOT PLAYING ENOUGH HOLY~~
Drowned Crow

Saphirshroom wrote:

Asiangodx2 wrote:

Mhm, that's always the solution but I was afraid of getting into bad habits early... Those bad habits being that I barely look at the approach circles at all and rather play to the music - I was afraid that I might be unable to play harder maps because of my inability to read the map.

Saphirshroom U have 4799 Plays,play until u have more than 15,000 Plays and this will not be a problem anymore,the only secret to get better is,play play play and play.
:oops: even if u play evry Day does not mean u will get better instand... i play now more than a year over 15,000 play and i cant stream perfekt yet....
Play maps u like Music u like and u will get better at Osu! Playing with friends or just random in multiplayer is very funny dont be afraid of missing a button or a combo noone will blame u for this play for fun and the skill will come. :P
GoldenWolf

Asiangodx2 wrote:

You may be playing every day, but it does not mean you've played enough yet.

So... PLAY MORE.
RaneFire
Every day is not enough.

No eat, no sleep, play all time, no give up.

j/k don't kill urself k
YukinoDesuDesu
Mina-san sankyu!! I will PLaY this GAME MOrE TILl My HanDS FALL OFF~ ^^