forum

[web] Allow more than 6 recipients at Forum PM

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Bara-
Well, Look at the topic

Why? If you have a map, mostly a map with many GD or collab diffs, and you received a mod, you will pm them to fix their part, but you can only send it to 6 at a time
Good thing I have 12 guest mappers so I can do it in 2 set, but if it's 13, it has to go in 3

Set it to 20 as max I guess, or even more, but I don't think many will go for more

Example is in Spoilerbox and It''s no advertising for my map, it's an explanation USING my map :P

SPOILER
The diffs of my map, I made 4, GD mappers made 14, with 12 guest mappers and me

Mappers:
Winek
Lapis Aoki
Nya Nya Neko
Kin
Fort

cdhsausageboy
Kurokami
[_Crystal]

Kuo Kyoka
Zan -
Reikosaka
[Shi-Ra]

1. [Shi-Ra]'s Forgotten [7K SC] - 7Key (5,29 stars, 3023 notes)
  2. 7K Reika's Maximum - 7Key (3,71 stars, 1891 notes)
  3. Aoki's Normal (1,64 stars, 200 notes)
  4. C.Star's Overdose (7,34 stars, 679 notes)
  5. Cdh's Inner Oni (4,36 stars, 1266 notes)
  6. Cdh's Muzukashii (3,14 stars, 668 notes)
  7. Fortune (5,08 stars, 667 notes)
  8. Futsuu (3,05 stars, 500 notes)
  9. Kantan (1,33 stars, 223 notes)
  10. Kinsane (4,08 stars, 588 notes)
  11. KK's 4K Easy - 4Key (1,28 stars, 480 notes)
  12. KK's 4K Insane - 4Key (3,92 stars, 1967 notes)
  13. Kurokami's Rain (6,57 stars, 899 notes)
  14. Nya Nya Neko's Hard (3,16 stars, 353 notes)
  15. Oni (4,12 stars, 1001 notes)
  16. Ura Oni (4,87 stars, 1500 notes)
  17. Winek's Easy (1,84 stars, 181 notes)
  18. Zan's 4K Hard - 4Key (2,97 stars, 1477 notes)
Sea_Food
This would be useful for me although for cimpleatly different reasons. Sometimes i need to send same pm to like 30 people. Glad that the limit is more than 1 already
Ciyus Miapah
okay fix it for only suptag user
Sea_Food

Fort wrote:

why?
Stefan
This was possible over a year and a half but it became disabled.
Lust
I do not agree with this. I do not want to have to disable my PMs just because some wise guys decide to advertise something (hey guys look I am streaming!) or mass request something to many people (mod requests, gd requests, timing requests, etc).

I do not see the problem of just contacting people over IRC individually
- Marco -
Well...now there is unlimited download, why not unlimited recipients on forum pm? :v
Granger

Lust wrote:

I do not agree with this. I do not want to have to disable my PMs just because some wise guys decide to advertise something (hey guys look I am streaming!) or mass request something to many people (mod requests, gd requests, timing requests, etc).

This is more than enough of a reason for a silence imo, since thats spamming. So i dont see where the problem with this is, if it happens just report it and the sender will likely get punished.
Stefan

Granger wrote:

Lust wrote:

This is more than enough of a reason for a silence imo, since thats spamming. So i dont see where the problem with this is, if it happens just report it and the sender will likely get punished.
I'd consider to block these users If they do this frequently. Some words and explanations will make it clear why you do not want advertising to Streams, etc.
Shivarion

marcostudios wrote:

Well...now there is unlimited download, why not unlimited recipients on forum pm? :v
than there'll be spams
Topic Starter
Bara-
Unlimited is too mich
Maybe set it to 30
Rianne
I'd also like to have at least more than 6!
Copied from my duplicate topic:

Chronola wrote:

So basically I got a collab going on for over a year with like 14 people right now. Every now and then a new member joins and we need to update the BBCode for the userpage. The problem here is that maximum amount of recipients is 6 users and when I go over that it shows the message below..

Which means that I currently have to send like 3 of the same PMs around.
This also makes it tricky to correct any mistakes if I made them; whether it is by editing 3 messages or sending 3 new messages again right after the previous ones.

To combat having to change images whenever something changes I already have all my images on Dropbox so I can just change it on my computer and it will update automatically without any changes in BBCode required.

To combat having to send mass PMs around for just a little message I've already made a discord for us which makes it a lot easier to do as not everybody is always online, nor does everybody always monitor PMs in their osu! inbox.

But updates to the BBCode for the userpage panels I made (see box below) are already 1800 characters long and will only get bigger as more members join. To paste all this code into discord is not really handy for BBCode of that capacity and it will scroll by.

On top of that; when I write introductions for new members the messages I also include the following:
- An overview of members which is formatted with BBCode
- Userpage banner panels (BBCode)
- A preview for said panels
- An explanation of what all colors on the userpage banners mean which is also formatted with BBCode
- A list of avatars so people can change stuff up.
All of this in a message is already 12.5k characters long, and the BBCode formatting really helps with making little overviews.

So the ability to send a PM to more people at a time would save a bunch of effort for other people with collabs going on.
Tanomoshii Nekojou

Fort wrote:

Yeap. :3