forum

Any good Rubberdome and/or non-1.0x osu! Sens. Mouse player?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KagamiHRS
I want to know this because that's pretty much my setup: A bundled HP Rubberdome keyboard, and an obscure brand basic gaming mouse with 0.9x osu! Sensitivity.
Some say that osu! Sensitivity must be 1.0x and that custom DPI be set. But the mouse doesn't have a driver to do a custom DPI!

And regarding the keyboard, I'm not noticing any keypress drops (well, up to 210 BPM streams; limits of my ability) but should I get a red switch mech. as soon as possible?
Loves
Rubber dome's aren't even bad. So many pro's have used rubber dome (Niko) and still received insane accuracy. Obviously it's not as good as a mechanical keyboard but it only puts you at a very minor/small disadvantage over mechanical keyboards ... which is why it seems that nearly half the player base has some sort of mechanical keyboard.

AS for mouse, pretty much 1.0x is the norm, I used to go 1.4x but i realised 1.0x was much more accurate and worth learning over any other sensitivity IMO.
timemon
broke rubberdome user reporting in.
I use mouse at 1x sensitivity. No problem so far.
Please
i used rubberdomes at the start, changed to red switches, changed again to blue switches. finally gave up and stuck myself with my trusty rubberdomes.

not saying rubberdomes are superior to mechanical switches
AmaiHachimitsu

KagamiHRS wrote:

I want to know this because that's pretty much my setup: A bundled HP Rubberdome keyboard, and an obscure brand basic gaming mouse with 0.9x osu! Sensitivity.
Some say that osu! Sensitivity must be 1.0x and that custom DPI be set. But the mouse doesn't have a driver to do a custom DPI!

And regarding the keyboard, I'm not noticing any keypress drops (well, up to 210 BPM streams; limits of my ability) but should I get a red switch mech. as soon as possible?
HP keyboards are in most cases terrible even for a rubber dome, you can buy some used Samsung for under 1$ and it should be better. WWW have used SDK (IIRC) series keyboard from Samsung for a long time.

0.9x osu! sensitivity is not that painful, but still 1.0 shouldn't be a problem, because you can learn ANY sensitivity. You can also change your sensitivity by changing the osu! resolution, the lower the faster.

As long as your stamina isn't a real problem, you can keep playing with rubberdome. With hard work you can reach top 1000 easily with that setup.
Topic Starter
KagamiHRS

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

0.9x osu! sensitivity is not that painful, but still 1.0 shouldn't be a problem, because you can learn ANY sensitivity. You can also change your sensitivity by changing the osu! resolution, the lower the faster.
I actually tried this right now, using 1.0x osu! sensitivity but ~1000 DPI (measured) setting on the mouse, and it seems like I wouldn't have to spend a couple weeks to get used to it! :) Maybe about 5 days. Same resolution used still...
silmarilen
i use a rubber dome and 1.3x sens and i've been top1k for the past 3 years or so
aeS
5 or 6 year old ms comfort curve. might be older idk

ive also played at 1k and 4k dpi (wmo, base 400) both for a long time so yeah lol
Granger
How does it look for membrame keyboards? Anyone using those?
enap
if you want a good rubberdome keyboard you should try searching for a Microsoft Sidewinder x4, they arent manufactured anymore but its easily one of the best if not the best gaming keyboard for around the ~£35.
Ive had mine for 4years then i switched to a MX blue keyboard buuuut went back to the sidewinder since its pretty much perfect (y)
Yakuyan
I own a rubbadome from Dell computers and its shit but it works. Some no brand mouse at 1600 DPI with 1.03x osu sensitivity. People can be good with any equipment. You just got to be able to use it as an advantage.
jesse1412
Well this is awkward. The advice "use 1x mouse sensitivity" is intended for tablet players, any higher and their cursor starts to explode. With that out of the way, mechanical keyboards are a pretty incredible improvement on rubber domes. I would argue that a mechanical keyboard is the best investment that you can make in osu! (tablets are shit tier in comparison). I couldn't play osu! with a rubber dome, simple as that; I can play pretty well with a mouse though.

And to answer your question OP, I can't think of any players specifically, but considering that sens doesn't matter at all there are probably a few rubber dome + mouse users around.

One more thing to clarify: Most top players DO use mechs, niko included. Pros never used to use mechs when they were rarer than diamonds BECAUSE they were rarer than diamonds. Also to add to that, old top players and old meta don't even compare to today at all. Pro players today are expected to go SO MUCH faster it's ridiculous; hence why we have our trusty mechanical keyboards to help us out.
Loves

jesus1412 wrote:

Well this is awkward. The advice "use 1x mouse sensitivity" is intended for tablet players, any higher and their cursor starts to explode. With that out of the way, mechanical keyboards are a pretty incredible improvement on rubber domes. I would argue that a mechanical keyboard is the best investment that you can make in osu! (tablets are shit tier in comparison). I couldn't play osu! with a rubber dome, simple as that; I can play pretty well with a mouse though.

And to answer your question OP, I can't think of any specifically but considering that sens doesn't matter at all there are probably a few rubber dome + mouse users around.

One more thing to clarify: Most top players DO use mechs, niko included.
By Niko, I meant he made a liveplays of him using rubber domes. WWW also used rubberdomes in his goreshit liveplay with pretty good accuracy.
koromo
isokasapupuja is crazy fast and he plays with a rubber dome keyboard and even more, he seems to prefer it over mechs.

Though rubber dome keyboards are obviously not all the same. There are some pretty good/decent/whatever rubber domes, and there are awful ones.
Soarezi
Speed comes from person itself, not the keyboard. Mech gives a tiny advantage over rubbers stamina wise