forum

Am I improving at a decent rate?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Darth
I know this question is probably spammed and annoying, but is my progression...normal? Sometimes it feels like I'm not really improving, even when my rank goes up. Thanks :P
Blanky
How often do you play and for how long each session?
Topic Starter
Darth

Blanky wrote:

How often do you play and for how long each session?
At least 30-45 mins a day, almost (not quite) every day
Dexus
Have you been playing ever since you registered your account? If so youre progressing incredibly slow. Dwell time of your playing doesnt matter but for how long you presumably played its slow in comparison to other players.

One of two things need to happen: you should make what little time you do play osu! Really intense and push your limits every day, or you can play a whole lot more to progress faster over time. Most people just play more but the key is really to keep yourself progressing every day and allow yourself adequate time off to relax and deal with your life and stuff.
KagamiHRS
You're improving at half the average rate I think.
Blanky
45 minutes of game time isn't really much. You need some time for warmup.
Gumpy

Play more.
FlyingKebab
Depends on what you play and how much you play (45 Mins if going non stop isn't really THAT much, but in 1 year i don't think 3.4K plays is a lot tbh). If you are getting A's on 3.x Star hards then try playing 3.6-4.0 star insanes, maybe you will survive and get a C/B. Pushing yourself more is beneficial to your improvement rate. (However don't do NF 5stars+ as i did (unless you really wanna sacrifice accuracy and consistency training for a major reading ability increase).
sayonara_sekai
i've got 5x your playcount in 2 months.

send help
GoldenWolf
I think you should be able to beat woobowiz by now.
Martell_old_1

phonics wrote:

i've got 5x your playcount in 2 months.

send help
hoolllyyyyyyyyy
Topic Starter
Darth

Dexus wrote:

Have you been playing ever since you registered your account? If so youre progressing incredibly slow. Dwell time of your playing doesnt matter but for how long you presumably played its slow in comparison to other players.

One of two things need to happen: you should make what little time you do play osu! Really intense and push your limits every day, or you can play a whole lot more to progress faster over time. Most people just play more but the key is really to keep yourself progressing every day and allow yourself adequate time off to relax and deal with your life and stuff.
No, a looong time ago before I had a computer mouse I played taiko. I've been playing standard since...May, I think?
Topic Starter
Darth

FlyingKebab wrote:

Depends on what you play and how much you play (45 Mins if going non stop isn't really THAT much, but in 1 year i don't think 3.4K plays is a lot tbh). If you are getting A's on 3.x Star hards then try playing 3.6-4.0 star insanes, maybe you will survive and get a C/B. Pushing yourself more is beneficial to your improvement rate. (However don't do NF 5stars+ as i did (unless you really wanna sacrifice accuracy and consistency training for a major reading ability increase).
I've been playing standard since early May
silmarilen
you are improving at the pefect rate, 100% accurate
just like every single other person that ever played osu
twinshiggy
allow yourself adequate time off to relax and deal with your life and stuff.
lol are you serious?
GoldenWolf

silmarilen wrote:

B1rd

GoldenWolf wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

I wouldn't say that improving at any rate is a 'perfect rate'.