forum

How does the score calculation work?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Saphirshroom
The score calculation in beatmaps seemed pretty obvious to me so far. I thought it was the points you get by hitting a hit-circle multiplied by the combo you currently had. A quick check on the Wiki told me that that is true, except that there are a few more multipliers in there. However, I now have quite a few songs I've actually received an S-Rank on and yet my score is still lower than on a B-Rank play on the same map. I didn't have any mods on and my overall accuracy on the S-Rank is higher. Osu claims that I have achieved a lower combo on the S-Rank play than on the B-Rank play, however. How is this possible? The Wiki says that if you lose your combo it's not an FC anymore and therefore you won't receive an S-Rank. And that's what I believed as well, up until now.
Fluxi
You can still get S rank on something that isn't FCed, it depends on the accuracy
Bweh
You only lose the S-rank if you don't get enough 300s (it's around 93% in the accuracy meter), if you get more 50's than 10% of the map's object count, or if you get a miss. Combo break via slider break is not a miss therefore it does not qualify.
GoldenWolf
More 50's than 1% of the map's object count*
Bweh
Oh yeah, right.
Illkryn
You probably slider broke, no misses but breaking combo on a slider still counts as an S.