I can't seem to improve

posted
Total Posts
25
show more
f i z i k

Domyyynator wrote:

Than there was another problem:
I wasn't able to move my mouse fast enough - I'm a competitive CS player so I was playing osu! with 450dpi and 1x ingame (+rawinput), everything higher would ruin my mouse control.
So I decided to get me a Tablet - especially to get a new experience.
I bought myself a Wacom CTL-480S which is quite a nice one and it's really fun to play, I started with Dragging and playing with a small window and it worked quite nice for me and I was able to do jumps I couldn't do with my mouse.
But after a while the tablet literally ate my pen tip and I decided to start hovering - which does not work for me, even after days of practice.
Is there a possibility to get used to it faster?
Play aim practise maps,jump maps etc. Those are the best to get your aim/control in shape. Here's a list RaneFire made so credits to him: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=0

Domyyynator wrote:

So theres even another issue, which is even worse. I mean, In some weeks I will surely get used to hovering. But something I can't seem to get is rythm.
I literally got 0 rythm on a rythm game. Most of the time I need to check the Approach circles and on these old - almost no slider - maps, I can barely get above 80%. Is there any way to train my "rythm"?
Yes,to understand rhythm your first step is going to be understanding music. This one is pretty good and helped me back then and on the other hand you have little playcount and accuracy/rhythm is pretty hard to build up so don't worry too much yet.


Domyyynator wrote:

Another big problem is my right hand, I'm using it to click because I'm left-handed with both mouse and tablet.
So let's say, my hand is really really evil. It sometimes just stops to click and I get a combo break. It's like my hand saying: Nope! I don't want to do that shit anymore. I get this often after fast singles or streams and I can only play like 20% of the 3.5 - 4.5 Star maps without failing because I can't click fast enough. How can I learn to click faster? Should I get me a Keyboard where it's easier to click (like MX Red)?
A keyboard won't make you move you fingers faster. I sometimes also still get finger freezes and it will stop some day when you have enough practice. Just keep playing and it will stop eventually. Mechanical keyboards only help with stamina issues.
Vuelo Eluko
:roll:
Is there any way to train my "rythm"?
play djpop maps maybe, or use hidden to force you to listen to the music. make sure hitsounds are audible and be conscious of the distinctions between 1/2 and 1/4 notes [the most common 2 used] and how the hitsounds convey the delay between them and make the connection with your movements. a 1/2 slider tick gives you the exact rhythm you should use between 2 singles, 1/4 sliders tell you how to hit the streams... 1/6 and 1/3 notes are typically used together like on caravan palace - dragons so they get treated basically the same way. complicated maps are always going to be complicated to play though.
If there are many circles together I just randomly spam my 2 keys and hope that I dont get a combo break.
If you can't figure out what to hit by scanning the circles, and aren't able to individually eye every circle one at a time and discern where they are and exactly when they have to be hit, it's still too hard for you to read. i recommend you avoid mashing though because that leads to a terribly hard to kick habit.
How can I learn to click faster?
Double time.
It sometimes just stops to click and I get a combo break. It's like my hand saying: Nope! I don't want to do that shit anymore.
Practice, that's all you can do for this. It's either related to reading or to stamina.
I decided to start hovering - which does not work for me, even after days of practice.
Is there a possibility to get used to it faster?
what issue are you having? lack of tactile feedback? try having your pinkie out a bit and touching the surface of the tablet. is it too shaky? maybe you don't have it held securely enough, have one of your fingers going somewhat along the pen rather than across it. and remember to just practice..

one more thing: you change your playstyle a lot which is always heartache. your mouse was fine and you would have learned to move fast enough with it eventually. then going from dragging to hovering was just another thing you have to get used to.
Gumpy

Domyyynator wrote:

Should I get me a Keyboard where it's easier to click (like MX Red)?
A rubber dome keyboard can stop registering keys if tap it to fast. So yes you should get a mechanical keyboard.

To sum up the two previous posts: Practice.
Topic Starter
Domyyynator

Riince wrote:

one more thing: you change your playstyle a lot which is always heartache. your mouse was fine and you would have learned to move fast enough with it eventually. then going from dragging to hovering was just another thing you have to get used to.
I had a terrible pain in my hand while using the mouse because I used my wrist to get down on the screen and it was awful in maps who got a lot of circles on the lower site, so I think it really helped since I atleast do not have any pain now.

Gumpyyy wrote:

...
Yes, some keys are already broken so I think I'm gonna do this, tho I'm not sure about which type.
I really like MX Blue because theyre loud, but aren't they a way too hard to trigger?
Gumpy

Domyyynator wrote:

Gumpyyy wrote:

...
Yes, some keys are already broken so I think I'm gonna do this, tho I'm not sure about which type.
I really like MX Blue because theyre loud, but aren't they a way too hard to trigger?
MX Reds are the easiest to push down. Also loud keyboards annoy people you are talking to Source: personal experience.
DothThouHoist

Gumpyyy wrote:

domyyynator wrote:

Yes, some keys are already broken so I think I'm gonna do this, tho I'm not sure about which type.
I really like MX Blue because theyre loud, but aren't they a way too hard to trigger?
MX Reds are the easiest to push down. Also loud keyboards annoy people you are talking to Source: personal experience.
For me, although i only play osu offline I don't really find a problem with pushing down my keyboard or sound problems (I use a standard mac keyboard)

The only problem i find is alternating with the keys, (I suck at mashing on streams)...
The main thing to do with triggering the keyboard smoothly is to get adjusted to the keyboard your using and to relax you hand.
(Your hands can suddenly tense and stop pressing if it's not relaxed, but still remember to warm up your hands)
Literally warming up your hands can actually help alot, just saying
Vuelo Eluko

DothThouHoist wrote:

(I suck at mashing on streams)...
you arent supposed to mash on streams anyway
DothThouHoist

Riince wrote:

DothThouHoist wrote:

(I suck at mashing on streams)...
you arent supposed to mash on streams anyway
Does that mean i literally suck that much or i've been playing osu completely wrong this whole time?
GoldenWolf
It means you have to play the streams without mashing
DothThouHoist

GoldenWolf wrote:

It means you have to play the streams without mashing
Well thanks captain obvious^^, sorry but i guess my stupidity held me back quite a bit before actually linking the information.---.
Zare

f i z i k wrote:

Yes,to understand rhythm your first step is going to be understanding music. This one is pretty good and helped me back then and on the other hand you have little playcount and accuracy/rhythm is pretty hard to build up so don't worry too much yet.
Wow this video is gold, we should all bookmark it and throw it in every "how to get better" thread
RaneFire
If you do not already have a good sense of rhythm, then it does take quite long to learn. That's why professional musicians start young. Even with detailed explanations of how rhythm works (it's just basic math), this is something you still have to condition yourself to over a long period of time. Every map you play teaches you rhythm. osu! makes it a bit easier than typically learning to play a musical instrument, with the same level of technical precision, since the game is essentially your rhythm trainer.

It still takes a lot of play time and you're not the first to feel like it will take far too long at your current pace. But the learning curve is not predictable. Some things take a while to learn at first, and while they may all seem like "separate" skills, inevitably an improvement in one area is linked to improvements in other areas. As a result, the rate of improvement is all over the place, which people define as "walls" (when they say they've hit a wall and can't improve) and bursts of improvement (when they are suddenly able to play faster maps). Even if you appear to be a slow starter, you can still play catch up, when things finally click into place.
timemon
To click faster, you have to be faster than the map (You move your cursor faster but not clicking faster)
Your fingers stop because the map you're playing is too hard for you.

We played the same map in that video and I couldn't even pass it, so you're better than me at that pp.

don't listen to me too much, though. I suck.
DothThouHoist

timemon wrote:

To click faster, you have to be faster than the map (You move your cursor faster but not clicking faster)
Your fingers stop because the map you're playing is too hard for you.

We played the same map in that video and I couldn't even pass it, so you're better than me at that pp.

don't listen to me too much, though. I suck.
Too many Katu's because of this... Please... FC but just a shower of 100's .---.
AxE Rayden
DothThouHoist

AxE Rayden wrote:

Hey bud if you need help with improving. I can give you some tips. If you feel im to low rank thats fine. We have some high ranking members that will assist you. Simply register here brother,

http://www.cavegamingworld.shivtr.com and we will help where we can. I would put tips here but at present DOTTHOUHOIST is writing in your post so i will for now not post help here till he relaxes on his criticism towards myself and my community . :) register and come get some help
Wait what... what did i do wrong? .....
sayonara_sekai

AxE Rayden wrote:

Hey bud if you need help with improving. I can give you some tips. If you feel im to low rank thats fine. We have some high ranking members that will assist you. Simply register here brother,

http://www.cavegamingworld.shivtr.com and we will help where we can. I would put tips here but at present DOTTHOUHOIST is writing in your post so i will for now not post help here till he relaxes on his criticism towards myself and my community . :) register and come get some help
is this real
RaneFire
Cancer spreading. Please chemo.
Rewben2

RaneFire wrote:

Cancer spreading. Please chemo.
We need something stronger
Illkryn
i got my rank playing bigger blak all day evry day for 4 years and iaa strict training regime of standing on tacks for 5 secs
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply