forum

Some questions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BaseFook
Okay i want to improve in osu but there is some stuff hat i want to ask.
1: How do you hold the pen because my smallest finger (pinky i think) starts to hurt very fast
2: How to control yourself from randomly clicking completely out of beat
3: Is playing easy maps, when you do hard well, will improve you in level and skill?
Dexus
1. Stop stressing and hold it like a regular pen. Just point it where you want it to go.
2. Practice and focus. It takes time
3. Just play whatever challenges you without overwhelming you so you can grasp concepts and overcome them.
Topic Starter
BaseFook
Some more questions:
4: Do you know maps witch follow the beat because the maps where i perform bad seem to miss beat and in general are inconsistent
5: Does mechanical keyboard change anything?
MalcolmHimself
1. I hold it more or less like a regular pen. Though I have an improper grip for writing utensils so it looks like this.
2. Personally I just count notes per combo, like between Katu and just focus on not mashing.
3. From what I've gathered the best maps to play to improve are ones that you can pass, or get close to passing but are still challenging or have some hard parts for you.
5. It can, it's all preference though. There are plenty of threads in this forum about Mechanical Keyboards, just search around.
Vuelo Eluko
1. i hold it from far above the button, a bit like www's grip except my index is move going across than going along it.
2. practice
3. might make you more consistent but thats all.
Dexus
4. Most all maps follow the beat. You just need to listen closer or even watch it on auto to see what you should be doing
5. Mech keyboard does nothing
6.dont listen to riince

Malcom thats not how you should hold a pencil lmao. Your index finger should be more in a pointer fashion and your pen should lay in line with it that way you can point the pen where you want it to go.
[ yogurt ]
@1

@2
Play more.

@3
No idea, probably not.

@4
Download new/newish ranked maps with high rating, nowadays you rarely find a map that has timing off

@5
It's louder.
Vuelo Eluko

Dexus wrote:

4. Most all maps follow the beat. You just need to listen closer or even watch it on auto to see what you should be doing
5. Mech keyboard does nothing
6.dont listen to riince

Malcom thats not how you should hold a pencil lmao. Your index finger should be more in a pointer fashion and your pen should lay in line with it that way you can point the pen where you want it to go.
you lost any credibility you had in your posts a long time ago
t/225131
MalcolmHimself

Dexus wrote:

I know it's not how I should, but in school that's just how I learned and I've made it to 21 being able to write like that so I don't even mind it. Plus it's ultra cozy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dexus
That makes you more credible?
Vuelo Eluko

Dexus wrote:

That makes you more credible?
it makes me -in-credible

mr. incredible
Topic Starter
BaseFook
Thanks for the help
sangu
edit I went too far