1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
show more
posted

Zare wrote:

so deep
i'm still falling

















fuck
posted
my brain problems only affect my ability to click circles
If you managed to go as far, you will be able to get even further. Don't cap yourself.

Man, its all about the time you put into the game and how much you want to become good, theres also abit of skill involved too obviously. Let´s not look too much into it.

What you are saying may be good to improve yourself, but become "pro"? well that´s another thing.
What i'm trying to say is that some people tend to be very down about some aspects in the game that they do bad at, or by the fact that they can't do something so well.
posted
osu! Is whatever you make of it, but honestly if you think depressingly like this how are you supposed to be entertained by this game. The point of a game is to entertain you; not consume you.
posted

Dexus wrote:

osu! Is whatever you make of it, but honestly if you think depressingly like this how are you supposed to be entertained by this game. The point of a game is to entertain you; not consume you.
I find joy in accomplishment.
posted
I started getting better in osu! after I said to myself: "why do I even try? I'm always gonna suck at this". Make no mistake - I still suck, but I'm way better than I used to be and the whole thing is a lot more fun to do.
So I mostly agree with you except for one point: it's not the secret of being pro. It's the secret of enjoying the game.
posted

OneArmedScissor wrote:

I started getting better in osu! after I said to myself: "why do I even try? I'm always gonna suck at this". Make no mistake - I still suck, but I'm way better and I used to be and the whole thing is a lot more fun to do.
So I mostly agree with you except for one point: it's not the secret of being pro. It's the secret of enjoying the game.
wish i knew how to have fun
i play just to get better
posted

gadrin wrote:

I find joy in accomplishment.
This is so true.
posted

Riince wrote:

i play just to get better
That's why you don't have fun.
posted
Master yourself, master the enemy.
posted
So, I know I'm bad. If I have hit a wall because I don't know how to improve/ what part to focus on to get better, does that mean my willpower is lacking or that my knowledge is lacking?
posted

DustyFfy wrote:

So, I know I'm bad. If I have hit a wall because I don't know how to improve/ what part to focus on to get better, does that mean my willpower is lacking or that my knowledge is lacking?
It is usually a mix of both, but you have to realise that 99% of the time, you definitely haven't reached your limit. Also, if you hit a wall, sometimes it is a good idea to take a break.

Always remember, the only way to improve is to play.
posted

DustyFfy wrote:

So, I know I'm bad. If I have hit a wall because I don't know how to improve/ what part to focus on to get better, does that mean my willpower is lacking or that my knowledge is lacking?
You never reach a wall, it was just a figure of speech i used to help emphasize my point, that when you think you are bad, that means there is room for imporvement, basically this means you will always be bad, and people ironically think that this means they hit a wall, where in reality it is quite the opposite.


Ask yourself the question, why are you bad? Then based on the answer, move on.
posted
The secret of being pro;

Play more
posted

gadrin wrote:

You never reach a wall, it was just a figure of speech i used to help emphasize my point, that when you think you are bad, that means there is room for improvement, basically this means you will always be bad, and people ironically think that this means they hit a wall, where in reality it is quite the opposite.


Ask yourself the question, why are you bad? Then based on the answer, move on.
If it was that easy, people wouldn't come to the forums asking "how do I get better" questions on a regular basis.

Usually the answer is to practice/play more, but sometimes people do practice more and fail to get better. Does this mean that the answer is wrong, or the way the person approached the answer is incorrect?
posted

DustyFfy wrote:

gadrin wrote:

You never reach a wall, it was just a figure of speech i used to help emphasize my point, that when you think you are bad, that means there is room for improvement, basically this means you will always be bad, and people ironically think that this means they hit a wall, where in reality it is quite the opposite.


Ask yourself the question, why are you bad? Then based on the answer, move on.
If it was that easy, people wouldn't come to the forums asking "how do I get better" questions on a regular basis.

Usually the answer is to practice/play more, but sometimes people do practice more and fail to get better. Does this mean that the answer is wrong, or the way the person approached the answer is incorrect?
That means you misunderstood the reason i made this post. This is not a tutorial on how to be pro, this is simply a motivation post i made for people who complain about sucking. Although i do agree the title might be misleading. It is true that to improve one must play more, but that doesn't debunk my theory at all, it does in a way reinforce it in fact.
posted

DustyFfy wrote:

If it was that easy, people wouldn't come to the forums asking "how do I get better" questions on a regular basis.

Usually the answer is to practice/play more, but sometimes people do practice more and fail to get better. Does this mean that the answer is wrong, or the way the person approached the answer is incorrect?
Improving in itself is easy, just play stuff that is challenging to you

Most people come here thinking there is some sort of tips or secret to get better other than simply playing more
posted

GoldenWolf wrote:

DustyFfy wrote:

If it was that easy, people wouldn't come to the forums asking "how do I get better" questions on a regular basis.

Usually the answer is to practice/play more, but sometimes people do practice more and fail to get better. Does this mean that the answer is wrong, or the way the person approached the answer is incorrect?
Improving in itself is easy, just play stuff that is challenging to you

Most people come here thinking there is some sort of tips or secret to get better other than simply playing more
granted, just mindlessly playing whatever isn't always the most efficient way to improve.
There's stuff to understand and to focus on, which may or may not improve your overall enjoyment of the game and the rate at which you improve at certain aspects of the game
posted

gadrin wrote:

That means you misunderstood the reason i made this post. This is not a tutorial on how to be pro, this is simply a motivation post i made for people who complain about sucking. Although i do agree the title might be misleading. It is true that to improve one must play more, but that doesn't debunk my theory at all, it does in a way reinforce it in fact.
I was just making a point that people looking for help often think they hit a wall. They don't know why they are bad, making it harder to move forwards.

It's not the title I was looking at anyways, it was simply the wording of the post. I guess I was a bit too analytic about it... lol
posted

DustyFfy wrote:

They don't know why they are bad
If someone says they are bad, they must have some kind of justification, or a reason why they think that way. You can't just jump out of a puddle and shout "HEY LOOK IM BAD" You need to know why you are bad, or have a reason to say that. Otherwise its just... a meaningless comment
posted
If people who were bad knew how to improve, this forum would be a ghost town...
show more
Please sign in to reply.