forum

Trouble with singletapping and streams.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ozzyos
I think I've been doing everything wrong from the start xD I've used 1 finger for everything, beats, streams everything. I'm new to hard mode and I'm having a lot of trouble. Is using 1 finger for single tapping and the other for streams neccesary? Or can I use a finger all the way threw...
Kouya-
Well, when you encounter harder maps with higher BMP .

It'll be a lot faster then what you are use to and it'll most likely obtain streams and fast double or triple taps .

You should try alternating with two fingers using ( Z and X ) when you see the stream or double/triple taps appear .

---

I mean, if you're god like in single tapping, sure you can go all the way ~
Topic Starter
ozzyos

SupaWolfTiga wrote:

Well, when you encounter harder maps with higher BMP .

It'll be a lot faster then what you are use to and it'll most likely obtain streams and fast double or triple taps .

You should try alternating with two fingers using ( Z and X ) when you see the stream or double/triple taps appear .

---

I mean, if you're god like in single tapping, sure you can go all the way ~
That's the thing, I've tried alternating so many times, hours and hours of practice. I always end up screwing up though. It's impossible for me
Violet Link
Make sure you align the cursor with the hit circles for easier aim.

Practice more stream maps.

And yeah. Just, practice more.
Topic Starter
ozzyos
What would be the proper way to do this? I use W + R (I like it further apart) Would I ONLY use w for those random single taps then switch over to r for streams? Because I've always used JUST w the whole time I've played... I'm able to do normal + hardrock with ease but I have trouble with hard mode :/
Violet Link

ozzyos wrote:

What would be the proper way to do this? I use W + R (I like it further apart) Would I ONLY use w for those random single taps then switch over to r for streams? Because I've always used JUST w the whole time I've played... I'm able to do normal + hardrock with ease but I have trouble with hard mode :/
Find a way that suits you. Really, it's hard to find a way to single tap and streaming, but practice on the hard maps with fast BPM to find a singletap/stream style for you.

Since you use W for only single taps, and R for streams, I think it's best for you if you did W/R for the really fast streams, and go with a single key for slow streams.
Dexus
Trying using your other finger to single tap for a while and practice streams more. Play more maps with more consecutive half notes so you can practice single tapping more, just don't forgot to practice with both of your fingers. Once Both of your fingers are up to snuff you should have an easier time practicing streams. Single tapping isn't direct practice for streaming but it certainly does help.
Dammie
Other thing you should do is find what finger you are more comfortable to start stream/triples. Some people start with the main finger (the one they single tap) and some others (like me) start with the oposite one so on triples you can leave to the next note with your main finger.
Dexus
You actually shouldnt limit yourself to one finger. That will just cause you problems on certain patterns. You essentially should be able to use both your fingers in any way possible for utmost control and accuracy.
Topic Starter
ozzyos
Would anyone happen to have any map that would be good for practicing for my skill level?
Raixor
streams? on hard difficulty, wat?

OT: play more. try some hard maps that you can barely keep up with imo. faster tapping comes by itself after a while
Gumpy
Practice is the best way to get better, there is no secret to getting better just practice.