forum

sudden death mod

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
twinshiggy
basically using it often time will increase the time it will take to fc a map.
Hmm?
SD forces you to restart,
but if you don't use it you generally play the whole map through,
so it would take longer?

Also: These are maps that I can complete, but I have a tendency to choke on them.
And SD evidently helps because when I look on my nations leader board I am beating certain people of higher ranks who wouldn't use that because they aren't bothered.
This is where I thought people might think SD was bad.
nrl
You learn the map faster when you play it all the way through.
Topic Starter
twinshiggy

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

You learn the map faster when you play it all the way through.
These are maps that I know or am quite certain I could beat (most hards)
I just have a tendency to choke when I near fcing.
Some maps are quite long and if I was not forced to restart it would take a lot longer, right?
sayonara_sekai
i dont understand.

if anything sudden death will make you choke more because of the added pressure.
Topic Starter
twinshiggy
All I can say is I fc more when using SD.
May be it is coincidence.
I have found out that people do not mind when others do that and that was the intention of the thread,
so thank you.
[-Cloud-]
Some people are doing things better under pressure/stress.
Topic Starter
twinshiggy

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Mmm.
I also think with out SD there is less incentive to hit all notes.
Pettanko

twinshiggy wrote:

[-Cloud-] wrote:

Mmm.
I also think with out SD there is less incentive to hit all notes.
that doesn't even make any sense

unless the person's goal is to get as many misses as possible without failing the map
Vuelo Eluko
i prefer nofail
Topic Starter
twinshiggy
that doesn't even make any sense

unless the person's goal is to get as many misses as possible without failing the map
Without SD.
Topic Starter
twinshiggy
i prefer nofail
Osu won't let me have nofail and SD on at the same time...
Vuelo Eluko

twinshiggy wrote:

i prefer nofail
Osu won't let me have nofail and SD on at the same time...
called SD in multiplayer
Topic Starter
twinshiggy
called SD in multiplayer
Why would any one willingly do that?
KagamiHRS
It's not frown upon at all to use SD, but it adds unnecessary pressure... It prevent you from playing through the map (More retries=more silly chokes at part you did well before) as you wouldn't train another difficult parts next. I do worse under pressure to FC, but better if I only want to not fail. Sudden death is sudden and scary...
Vuelo Eluko

twinshiggy wrote:

called SD in multiplayer
Why would any one willingly do that?
i do sometimes
its not as bad as it seems
im unsure what the revival conditions are in multiplayer when SD is active but i find that if i die and then bring my health back to full and keep it there for another 100-200 combo or so i revive. It's kind of puzzling why reviving works differently with SD on as opposed to being the same or just not working period, but whatever...
Kouya-
I really hate SD because of course as the name says, 1 hit KO .

Not many people use it simply because they might get a chance to get a map with really high acc and maybe no Full Combo .

If they used SD, they would Full Combo it but maybe with horrible acc, since they are forced to keep going .

Not used a lot in multi-player either, unless they're that pro and want to show off their moves .
MostDakka
Its still faster to just press ctrl+R to restart, and SD looks bad in top ranks.
Vuelo Eluko

Storm2344 wrote:

Its still faster to just press ctrl+R to restart, and SD looks bad in top ranks.
idk man
it looks pretty fucking swish to me

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/sapphireghost

i'd do it if i had the nerve. but almost every single one of my top 10 plays besides like 4 of them are maps i either slider broke or straight up missed at the last 5 seconds out of shaking.

the only time i'd use it personally is if the map is so easy i probably wont break combo anyway and get like 1 pp.
Green Platinum
I will never use SD due to the amount of times I have compromised with a FC except for the last circle on difficult maps.
Ichi
Generally for fcing a map you need to "know" every part of it and sort of know what type of patterns you are going to encounter, unless the map is too easy for you to FC, that´s why golden says that playing the whole map, although it takes longer than restarting inmediatly (even if you failed), will later make it faster since when you pass the points you failed before you will be more accustomed to the map and probably fc it faster. That´s why SD sucks, plus its annoying because you do not control the restarts and that just gets on my nerves, sometimes when i fail i wanna restart inmediatly and sometimes not, plus it doesn´t add anything to the score so why bother.
Topic Starter
twinshiggy
missed at the last 5 seconds out of shaking
Some times I feel I am having a cardiac arrest nearing the end of songs
Vuelo Eluko

twinshiggy wrote:

missed at the last 5 seconds out of shaking
Some times I feel I am having a cardiac arrest nearing the end of songs
i almost got a heart attack during the end part my first pass of shotgun senorita...
Topic Starter
twinshiggy
i almost got a heart attack during the end part my first pass of shotgun senorita...
I have never passed that.
Vuelo Eluko

twinshiggy wrote:

I have never passed that.
you'll get there. i was struggling to pass it a few hundred pp ago.
Topic Starter
twinshiggy
you'll get there
I'll try my best but I can not promise any thing.