forum

HD HR triplets/ good hd/hr skins???

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sylveon
Ok so I'm having trouble reacting to triplets, or the difference between two fast single taps vs a triplet. i always knew without HD due to how many approach circles there were. so I would do triplets like fgf where as now. il go to single tap it then realise its a triplet to late so il end up doing ffg. I honestly cant tell the difference between triplets and single tap stacked hit circles, well at least not intime to get perfect accuracy. I currently use pea chick II skin. Is there a better skin for HD HR or again is it... like most things just practise.
Martell_old_1

Sylveon wrote:

I'm having trouble reacting to triplets
nrl
That skin isn't great for hidden, but it isn't terrible either. Play more.
Varetyr
Honestly I just end up memorizing them instead of actually reading them (when there are too many) so yeah, I'm a bit curious if someone has any particular tip about that. I guess it comes with time, a friend of mine who mostly plays HDHR / HR doesn't have any trouble with that anymore...
randomizer89

Sylveon wrote:

Ok so I'm having trouble reacting to triplets, or the difference between two fast single taps vs a triplet. i always knew without HD due to how many approach circles there were. so I would do triplets like fgf where as now. il go to single tap it then realise its a triplet to late so il end up doing ffg. I honestly cant tell the difference between triplets and single tap stacked hit circles, well at least not intime to get perfect accuracy. I currently use pea chick II skin. Is there a better skin for HD HR or again is it... like most things just practise.
try to use my skin (http://puu.sh/9pXYk.zip) and practice ofc
nooblet

Varetyr wrote:

Honestly I just end up memorizing them instead of actually reading them (when there are too many) so yeah, I'm a bit curious if someone has any particular tip about that. I guess it comes with time, a friend of mine who mostly plays HDHR / HR doesn't have any trouble with that anymore...
Yeah I pretty much have to memorize the parts with triples too when I try to play HR ... sucks to have slow reaction time :/
winber1
it's not slow reaction time, it's about being able to read stacks. apparently some people see and understand it better than others. you don't need transparent circles and what not. I cannot read AR 10 very well, yet I can still read a lot of these kinds of stacks, triplets especially. it's basically a balance between listening to the music and seeing when the stacked notes appear.

obviously at some point it just becomes unnoticeable, but triplets vs. 1/2 tick notes are clearly visible to the trained eye under normal circumstances.
Pettanko
i usually just try to look at the number of flickers that i see to determine whether it's a stack or not. you can also kind of count using the hitnumbers once you get used to it
Topic Starter
Sylveon

Pettanko wrote:

i usually just try to look at the number of flickers that i see to determine whether it's a stack or not. you can also kind of count using the hitnumbers once you get used to it
what do you mean by counting the hit numbers?
Topic Starter
Sylveon

randomizer89 wrote:

Sylveon wrote:

try to use my skin (http://puu.sh/9pXYk.zip) and practice ofc
your skins not bad, everything seems faster than usual with it haha... il practise with it a bit and see how it goes. Any other skins people
randomizer89

winber1 wrote:

it's not slow reaction time, it's about being able to read stacks. apparently some people see and understand it better than others. you don't need transparent circles and what not. I cannot read AR 10 very well, yet I can still read a lot of these kinds of stacks, triplets especially. it's basically a balance between listening to the music and seeing when the stacked notes appear.

obviously at some point it just becomes unnoticeable, but triplets vs. 1/2 tick notes are clearly visible to the trained eye under normal circumstances.
really you not 100% right, some stacks are stack 0(with hr mode stack leniecy parameter decreases), it's unreadable without transparent circles(with transparent you can see different numbers)(ofcourse you can memorize rhythm, or prognosing it from prev. patterns, but it's not reading).
RaneFire
I found practicing EZ-mod helped me read triplets and the like quicker at higher AR's, with HDHR or just HR. Don't ask me how that works. I tried to write an explanation for that, but I deleted it because it made no sense.
winber1

randomizer89 wrote:

winber1 wrote:

really you not 100% right, some stacks are stack 0(with hr mode stack leniecy parameter decreases), it's unreadable without transparent circles(with transparent you can see different numbers)(ofcourse you can memorize rhythm, or prognosing it from prev. patterns, but it's not reading).
Read the last line again.

winber1 wrote:

obviously there are special circumstances that will be unreadable, but those are not what I was talking about.
nrl
Stack 0 stacks can still be sight-read consistently with some skinning trickery, but it's pretty clunky with the current skin system. Everything else can be read with any old skin, though a good skin makes a world of difference, especially when it comes to slider-ends and stacks.
randomizer89

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Stack 0 stacks can still be sight-read consistently with some skinning trickery, but it's pretty clunky with the current skin system. Everything else can be read with any old skin, though a good skin makes a world of difference, especially when it comes to slider-ends and stacks.
http://puu.sh/3vNmq.zip watch this one skin. But i'm don't want to use it at now, transparent+numbers work's too
nrl
That's what I mean about the current skin system though, stuff like that gets nasty with combos longer than 9.