forum

Trying to FC or to finish harder songs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zignide
Hello

Recently I've been trying to finish harder songs and got around 0,5 OD higher than i used to be able to (4 to 4,5), while still getting relatively hard accuracy considering i don't tend to replay them, so around either Bs or As (If I get a C I don't really consider it passed anyway)

However, these songs just don't really give any PP since I tend to get a combo of around 1/4th of the song being lucky, as they are still above what I'm used to

So basically my question is, is it worth trying to FC 4 OD songs right now? Or should I try to finish harder songs, even though I don't get any PP out of it?

It just doesn't really reflect any progress if i don't FC them, and my top ranks are still up from 79 PP to 11 PP, so I can guess I'd still get a lot if I keep trying to FC

But I don't think FCing helps me as much to improve as aiming for high accuracy or harder songs, though I still find my top ranks really imbalanced

Thanks

long time without posting
why do i keep trying to write with good grammar?
oh well
Frc

Zignide wrote:

Hello

Recently I've been trying to finish harder songs and got around 0,5 OD higher than i used to be able to (4 to 4,5), while still getting relatively hard accuracy considering i don't tend to replay them, so around either Bs or As (If I get a C I don't really consider it passed anyway)

However, these songs just don't really give any PP since I tend to get a combo of around 1/4th of the song being lucky, as they are still above what I'm used to
l[/strike]
Do you know PP are given based in the difficulty of the song, in the rank you earned and the accuracy in that map? Combo is useless when it comes to PP (i think, maybe i´m wrong)
cheezstik

FrcV wrote:

Zignide wrote:

Hello

l[/strike]
Do you know PP are given based in the difficulty of the song, in the rank you earned and the accuracy in that map? Combo is useless when it comes to PP (i think, maybe i´m wrong)
It definitely does, you could get 99% accuracy and no combo on big black and it wont give any pp. Combo acts as a multiplier to the pp you get from a song. You should definitely aim to get at least 85% fc on most songs if you want decent pp from it, so for examble, x850 combo out of x1000.
sayonara_sekai

FrcV wrote:

Zignide wrote:

Hello

l[/strike]
combo is by faaaaaaaaaaar the most important part of getting PP
Frc
So i was mistaken, sorry :(
MostDakka
Ill just point in to wiki its explained there

Performance Points

Your top scores will eventually even out when you play harder maps, cause your progress will be slower and FC a map will be harder.