forum

What Accuracy Should I Be Playing At To Improve

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrCoolSmooth
From what I've noticed, playing songs that are too hard I don't really learn anything, but also playing songs that I can easily get 97+% on are too easy and I also dont feel like im improving much. What accuracy will tell me that the song is challenging but not too hard?
AegisFTW
It really depends on OD but this is how it works for me.

Cs means you did absolute shit, Ds pretty much means you might as well failed. Generally for new players getting better at accuracy are an exception to this.

Try to get at or above 88% or 90% accuracy for songs that you feel that you can't FC and are actually pretty hard. Songs that are easy enough to pass but there are some miss along the way should be at 95% 96% accuracy. Songs that you can FC should be ideally above or at high 98% but 97% is okay.

Besides all that you should find yourself to not take accuracy as a measure of difficulty, it should be more of can I pass this map or not. Passing maps that are out of your comfort zone seem to be the best way to improving along with playing maps in your comfort zone, just don't mash keys to pass something because that just creates bad habits.
silmarilen
anything below 99% means the map is too hard for you
Zare

silmarilen wrote:

depends on OD too much, doesn't work as difficulty indicating factor
nrl
For me:
95% is slightly challenging but FC-able
92% is pretty tough and almost universally not FC-able
90% is a lucky pass
Below 90% is either well above 7* and way out of my league or any map I don't have the speed for

My FCs tend to be anywhere from 96% to 99% with most falling around 97.5%. I'm not a high accuracy player by any means, though I'm getting better.
silmarilen

Zare wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

depends on OD too much, doesn't work as difficulty indicating factor
ok. if the map is od7, anything below 99% means the map is too hard for you.
B1rd

silmarilen wrote:

ok. if the map is od7, anything below 99% means the map is too hard for you.
and you have to play maps that are too hard, for you to improve.
nrl
Too:
To an excessive extent or degree; beyond what is desirable, fitting, or right: too sick to travel.
B1rd

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Too:
To an excessive extent or degree; beyond what is desirable, fitting, or right: too sick to travel.
maybe you should clarify on the point you're trying to make?
silmarilen
that you shouldnt play too hard maps to improve, you should play hard maps.
B1rd
well as defined by simarilen, maps are too hard when you get below 99% on them. So I was making the point that you needed to push your boundaries and play maps that are 'too hard' to improve. I don't see a problem.
Vuelo Eluko
above 50% acc means ur hitting more than ur missing
so thats a good minimum

i consider a map mastered at 70%
nooblet

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

For me:
95% is slightly challenging but FC-able
92% is pretty tough and almost universally not FC-able
90% is a lucky pass
Below 90% is either well above 7* and way out of my league or any map I don't have the speed for

My FCs tend to be anywhere from 96% to 99% with most falling around 97.5%. I'm not a high accuracy player by any means, though I'm getting better.
Pls, you're all HDHR and not high acc player? Teach me your ways master
Dexus
If you're passing it the first time with a:

D - You used no fail (which you really shouldn't use) or magic happened

C - You really need to work on this stuff

B - You should improve this stuff at at least an A

A 92-94.9% - Still need to improve some, but you're starting to get the hang of it

A 95-99% - Try the map again, you're bound to FC it with better acc

S 94-98.9% - Try the map again for more acc, if you can't improve it in a couple tries oh well move on.

S 99-100% - It was either a fluke or it was too easy for you.
I Give Up
I will share with you the same advice that I read somewhere from thelewa. Aim for +95% with FC, or 97% - 99% without FC, then move on to the next map.

As new players our focus is to explore varieties of maps and patterns, not to master a single map, because spending thousand retries to +99% FC a 100pp map would be a brilliant waste of time and you actually won't learn anything. With that time you might have already completed 3 other equally difficult maps and could've actually earned more pp that way, develop more skill and learn new patterns.

I haven't gotten that far into the game yet so that's all I am qualified to share.
timemon

silmarilen wrote:

Everything is hard to me. ;w;
[Kanzaki Ranko]

Riince wrote:

above 50% acc means ur hitting more than ur missing
so thats a good minimum

i consider a map mastered at 70%
You're trolling, right?
It's possible to get a FC with 16.67% accuracy (with NF on a map with no sliders).