forum

osu! idol (Final Round - Complete!)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nepeta Leijon
I've already recorded my entry for Stage 2 I'm so hyPED
Hard
I got problems with getting the lyrics right. Japanese is so difficult. Also I will be away next week (on vacation) I hope I can still make the deadline next time ...
LightDreamer
Is this still considered as POP or it's too slow?
http://youtu.be/b_P6X6PXj-U
Derekku
The google doc is back to the single-sheet style where comments aren't viewable. :(
Teru21
so umm.. can i ask? is the second stage already starting? cause the first post hasn't changed and I didn't see the deadline time ._.
Flanster

Teru21 wrote:

so umm.. can i ask? is the second stage already starting? cause the first post hasn't changed and I didn't see the deadline time ._.
soon™
Hard
I will be away for next week I hope it won't start then... :S
TheNekoNextDoor

LoliFlan wrote:

My entry will be coming soon, ill be singin Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm lovin you). I put in Ludacris in the instrumental because I don't want to memorise hiphop lyrics.
*hype increases*
ziin
Apparently I'm significantly worse at singing than I've always thought. I hope it wasn't because I decided sing a capella. Were there any comments or just arbitrary numbers thrown out?
Flanster

ziin wrote:

Apparently I'm significantly worse at singing than I've always thought. I hope it wasn't because I decided sing a capella. Were there any comments or just arbitrary numbers thrown out?
All scores are based on your singing, nothing is arbitrary. 2 out of 5 judges have left a comment aswell.
Topic Starter
ztrot
Sorry the doc hasn't been updated to post your next song yet but, you have till oct 6th to record we should have the doc ready by then.
LuCy200131

ztrot wrote:

Sorry the doc hasn't been updated to post your next song yet but, you have till oct 6th to record we should have the doc ready by then.
can i have ask 8-)
Topic Starter
ztrot
everything is now good to go for the 37 members that made it through you can now submit your works via the submission system same as last time, the link is in the 1st post.
Flanster

TheNekoNextDoor wrote:

LoliFlan wrote:

My entry will be coming soon, ill be singin Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm lovin you). I put in Ludacris in the instrumental because I don't want to memorise hiphop lyrics.
*hype increases*
Actually, I'll pass on that, instead ill do Hatsune Miku - Packaged. Gotta have that jap hype.
Nepeta Leijon
I submitted yOOOOOO
ziin

LoliFlan wrote:

ziin wrote:

All scores are based on your singing, nothing is arbitrary. 2 out of 5 judges have left a comment aswell.
Very disappointing all around :(.

ar·bi·trar·y
adjective
based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

If there are no visible comments, it really seems arbitrary (and there are no visible comments in the first post).
LuCy200131
when the osu Idol! begning and what is the orize for top3
Flanster

LuCy200131 wrote:

when the osu Idol! begning and what is the orize for top3
It has already begun, please read the opening post first, as for the prizes, I have no idea really, personally im planning to give a 3 month supporter tag to the winner.
Hard

ziin wrote:

ar·bi·trar·y
adjective

If there are no visible comments, it really seems arbitrary (and there are no visible comments in the first post).
you barely didn't make it because you fluked many notes. Some of your tones are really good but then again you often sing like one halftone to high. And when you get in the highs it's really off. It seems that this song wasn't really in your range. Maybe next time you shold use some song that compliments you and isn't as difficult as kiss from a rose. I've seen the comments of the judges and it's just that you're a bit too late to look at them.
They've propably been deleted or something before you've been able to take a look or something like this.
But I still think it's mean of you to say that the judges decided arbitary. It's not like this and you should be a good sportsman, wish good luck to the others and practise your singing. Then you can try again next time.
CoolshadowFNG

Hard wrote:

ziin wrote:

ar·bi·trar·y
adjective

you barely didn't make it because you fluked many notes. Some of your tones are really good but then again you often sing like one halftone to high. And when you get in the highs it's really off. It seems that this song wasn't really in your range. Maybe next time you shold use some song that compliments you and isn't as difficult as kiss from a rose. I've seen the comments of the judges and it's just that you're a bit too late to look at them.
They've propably been deleted or something before you've been able to take a look or something like this.
But I still think it's mean of you to say that the judges decided arbitary. It's not like this and you should be a good sportsman, wish good luck to the others and practise your singing. Then you can try again next time.
Very well put, Hard. Remember that constructive criticism is the key to allow us to become better vocalists. I very much doubt the judges would just something arbitrarily, as I listened to almost every entry in that first round, and credit was given where it was due. If I were in the same situation, I would just wish everyone else good luck and try my best to improve for next time, which I'm still doing regardless of getting through.

There ain't no rest for the wicked.
ziin

Hard wrote:

it's just that you're a bit too late to look at them.
This is what I'm complaining about.
CoolshadowFNG

ziin wrote:

Hard wrote:

it's just that you're a bit too late to look at them.
This is what I'm complaining about.
Actually, you're not too late, but if you really want the comments, here they are:

shARPii - "Not really accurate at the beginning but the end is really better! You've the voice, be careful and train your voice a little before recording the real entry ^^"

Kitokofox - "You started out a little off, but you fixed it a little getting closer to the later parts of the song. Try practicing a bit more to strengthen your tone accuracy. Your voice sounds able to handle heavy notes, so don't go lightly on that fact. :)"
CoolshadowFNG
OMG YEALINA BROUGHT HER A-GAME TO THIS ROUND. BEAUTIFUL COVER.
Nepeta Leijon
Welp looks like I'm gonna fail this round
Marcin

ziin wrote:

ar·bi·trar·y
adjective

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1519288254
check here
Aleks719

ziin wrote:

If it will make you feel better i like your singing, but i'm not a judge, so...
Topic Starter
ztrot
supporter is the prizes for the top 3 I could of sworn it was announced, also we might map the winners cover :U
Flanster

ztrot wrote:

supporter is the prizes for the top 3 I could of sworn it was announced, also we might map the winners cover :U
That'll be fun lmao.
LightDreamer
I really need to know if pop ballads are allowed.... Are they?
Thanks
Flanster

LightDreamer wrote:

Thanks
Should be fine, go for it.
LightDreamer

LoliFlan wrote:

LightDreamer wrote:

Thanks
Should be fine, go for it.
Thanks again, Nya~
VirusZeke
i am sick this week--.. got a really high fever and.... my cover was...... uhh XD dunno how to tell----

http://puu.sh/bNw2K/6971b2aa42.mp3

*flails*

i'm scared---- that i will failzz
*eat a lot of pills , cough , flip self to bed*
VirusZeke

LoliFlan wrote:

ztrot wrote:

That'll be fun lmao.

i really need a tabby or cash as prize pft :v
well--
map the winners cover ?

*HYPER MODE ON*
MissTitannia
If I am not sure if a song fits in pop category, can I PM the judges or post it here so one of judges can tell me? :)
Flanster

MissTitannia wrote:

If I am not sure if a song fits in pop category, can I PM the judges or post it here so one of judges can tell me? :)
You can go ahead and post here.
MissTitannia
Flanster

MissTitannia wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXrR9yvBM4s ? :)
Don't really know what I can categorise this as but it is not pop.
MissTitannia
Ohh okayy T.T I didn't know to categorize it either xD
Coro
I guess I might as well check too, just to be safe

Is this pop?
http://youtu.be/4NShEKYoPXw
CoolshadowFNG
Just putting a point across here.

J-techno should be counted. Only My Railgun is J-techno by ear, but is officially classed as J-pop, so please make a clear judgement on whether or not stuff such as J-techno counts.
show more