forum

what do you think osu will be like in the next four years?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kasiansan
I ask this because, i just started playing 6 months ago. When i look at the past top 20 osu player of 2010 2011 2012, a lot have changed. as well as the player base.

Mostly the speed at which people play has gotten faster since 2010.
Vuelo Eluko
as far as streaming speed goes we've pretty much reached the maximum we'll ever see already. i predict maps will become harder to read ala hanzer/fanzhen/skystar style and this 'new age hard to read pattern' style will result in ar9.5 phasing out ar9. ar9 will be seen the same way as ar8 is seen now. This is further supported by how just about everyone is already picking up DT and getting comfortable with it even at very low ranks. These mapping techniques being used at higher BPM than we see them used at nowadays will be VERY hard to read at ar9 is just how I'd justify 9.5 taking prominence.

I also think this new breed of maps will cause people to finally lose interest in speed and go back to aim, and we'll end up with someone better than cookiezi because of it.

this is my prediction. in 10 years though, who knows where we'll be? this game is pretty timeless don't see it dying out ever with how the content is entirely community driven.
- Marco -
Mlg:osu! Edition
Cerulean Veyron
Next four years? I think there will be more than 30-40(or more) BATs, and they're gonna be a million-time ignorants :3
/me runs
Gumpy
Shut down by lots of copyright claims.
ColdTooth

Gumpyyy wrote:

if these really does happen... ;w;
kirueggy
Hopefully it doesn't go mainstream, otherwise we can say goodbye to our accounts in fear of people we know finding us
ivan
x
Kouya-

Gumpyyy wrote:

Kipley

Ivan wrote:

pp system still the same = smashing ur keyboard and losing body parts for pp
fntx
in the next 4 years osu will be an anime :lol:
Tweedy_old
Most likely new and very hard maps will appear , the interface will change and probably a new mod... :O?
Liiraye

Gray Veyron wrote:

Next four years? I think there will be more than 30-40(or more) BATs, and they're gonna be a million-time ignorants :3
/me runs
Actually with modding 2.0 the amount of bats will decrease a lot
Gumpy

kirueggy wrote:

Hopefully it doesn't go mainstream, otherwise we can say goodbye to our accounts in fear of people we know finding us
Best case scenario: we have to pay for songs.
AutoMedic
OSU DLC PRODUCED BY EA GAEMZ

EA WILL BUY DIS SHIT

BEATMAPPING WILL BE FOR OSU™PREMIUM EDITION

OSU™ HARDLINE IS CONFIRM. NEW GRAFIX

and worst of all

OSU™ WILL BE INTEGRATED TO ORIGIN™

ohgod the horror
Makan1
I'm not a person who likes change so I'm quite scared as to what might happen down the rail. I will find it impossible to believe that old players will continue playing for 10 years. I think at the core it's the same game but really advanced and hopefully peppy doesn't sell his ass to bigger companies to fuck up the game. Our trust lies in peppy
CrimsonInfinite

Makan1 wrote:

I'm not a person who likes change so I'm quite scared as to what might happen down the rail. I will find it impossible to believe that old players will continue playing for 10 years. I think at the core it's the same game but really advanced and hopefully peppy doesn't sell his ass to bigger companies to fuck up the game. Our trust lies in peppy
It would be awful if that happened ;w;
Dawgy

Gumpyyy wrote:

I do not believe this game is prone to being shut down by copyright claims for several reasons.

One, .sh is NOT an American domain, so as such it is actually extremely hard to press copyright charges upon content that is situated upon this website.

Two, Peppy is British.
Tacky

Gumpyyy wrote:

Lmaoooo
Tacky

Dawgy wrote:

Gumpyyy wrote:

I do not believe this game is prone to being shut down by copyright claims for several reasons.

One, .sh is NOT an American domain, so as such it is actually extremely hard to press copyright charges upon content that is situated upon this website.

Two, Peppy is British.
British person, lives in Australia makes a Japanese game
Welp
Gumpy

Dawgy wrote:

Gumpyyy wrote:

Two, Peppy is British.
Well Skrillex did it.
Dawgy

Gumpyyy wrote:

Dawgy wrote:

Two, Peppy is British.
Well Skrillex did it.
I don't believe that Peppy was legally obligated to comply to their requests. He did so because removing their songs would be much more simple than fighting a potential legal battle.

Seems more or less to me like a scare tactic.
Knit_old_1

Gumpyyy wrote:

Well Skrillex did it.
More like his record label did.
khan119
"unique" maps will automatically be seen as "good" maps which is complete bullshit just because you can place some 1/4 sliders doesn't mean its a good map
DothThouHoist

Sugoi-_-Desu wrote:

"unique" maps will automatically be seen as "good" maps which is complete bullshit just because you can place some 1/4 sliders doesn't mean its a good map
Even now it's like that, quality maps are being denied just because for some reason Unique > Actual good mapping
Avena

Liiraye wrote:

Gray Veyron wrote:

/me runs
Actually with modding 2.0 the amount of bats will decrease a lot
The probability of that being implemented is almost like osz2

Also, I think that the russian mappers will just rule us all.
Witch Mercy
Slowly lose popularity and eventually be forgotten maybe.
Bweh
Still full of this level of activity

Probably chock full of Kantai Collection or just DMM-game based beatmaps

The pp algorithm probably won't change to a new version though it'll be revamped a few times no doubt.

It's also likely there'll be some reform regarding the moderation and modding teams.

It's possible the website might get redesigned too, but if that happens I'll probably leave forever just like how Bungie dropped the ball for me
-AGENT DJ ANGEL
Osu will be played in 3D :p
Raiken-
osu can be played using oculus rift
osuinrealife
Xiaolin
I think I'll be a BAT, but hopefully, osu! will be alive forever =w=
Samui_old_1
Osu!Touhou released

As for the community, probably 25,000+ players online and possible Osu! World Tournaments aside from Osu! World Cup.