forum

[resolved] Being able to hide the combo flame in CtB

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Hemmi
Hello all, this is a request that has already been asked by somebody and was violently criticized, but things changed since.
Disclaimer : I am far from being even good at CtB, but that doesn't alter the relevance of my request

The facts
  • What I am talking about is something well known for every CtB player : we are talking about the flame above your plate which appears every time you catch a fruit, and grows higher with your combo.
  1. This flame, unlike every other combo-related element in Osu! (combo fire, combo burst), cannot be hidden in any way, from what I have been told in the Technical support forum : the "combo fire" line in the .cfg file doesn't affect it, and it is not a skinnable element either.
  2. But this flame is a cause of distraction for the player, exactly like the combo fire. Some players like me prefer to have their Osu! being as graphically simple as possible, and this is a major annoyance when reaching high combos, all the more so since you want to concentrate even more when your combo goes high !
  3. The picture below shows some CtB gameplay with a very simplified skin, used by the players who want to suffer from the least distraction possible. As you can see, the combo flame is the thing we see the most on screen, at the expense of the objects themselves !

Why it seems logical to have it implemented
  1. Almost every other distracting element in Osu! can be toggled or hidden in some way, via an option toggle, the .cfg file, or by changing skin.
  2. The recent Shift-Tab command is a proof that there is more than a minority of players who like to have as few graphical elements as possible. This flame being here is very anti climatic with most of the commonly used skins.

My suggestions
  1. Make this element toggleable in the .cfg file.
  2. Or make it skinnable.
  3. You can also consider making it hidden by the Shift-Tab command since the people who want it hidden are very likely to use Shift-Tab anyway.
These solutions have both the pro of not adding another toggle to the options menu ! Making it a skinnable element would of course benefit the skinners and the players looking for specific effects with it.

Thanks for reading, please don't post if it's to write "Who cares ?" or "Get used to it".
- Marco -
You can also suggest t/233779 <<< maybe
Topic Starter
Hemmi

marcostudios wrote:

You can also suggest t/233779 <<< maybe
Thanks, I will do so
Nathanael
Marking this as resolved since smoogi here started a feedback/discussion about the feature of hiding certain ingame interfaces.