forum

Rotating Jump Patterns

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FlyingKebab
As the title suggest, how do you deal with patterns (Squares, triangles, pentagons, stars, line ( forward backward) ) that have a constant rotation to either side. I am not saying that i should be able to do such things with so little play time but i was wondering how do people actually deal with these things? Mostly all my plays are with maps that range from 4.5 to 5.5 stars and i have been able to hit most random just patterns with 3 5 6 7 9 etc notes, i usually hit squares, triangles (but not stars), that DO NOT ROTATE and only those that pop up ONCE. I guess this is what makes maps like Atama no Taisou/Rainbow Dash Likes Girls/Airman difficult to complete, it just **** with your brain ( I cant view rotating patterns as single circles and i just see myself moving my mouse in a circular motion or in a flow and not snapping anything. How do you psychologically get rid of this problem?

There are probably no tricks around these types of things but i still wanna hear your opinion, maybe i am not the only one that is having problems like these (and that is pretty stupid to say because i am not the only one >.<).

PLAY MORE INC.
Rewben2
You called it, play more.

Anyways, pay attention to each circle and make sure you hit it before moving onto the next one. You need to read the pattern correctly in order to aim it, which will just come with practice.
MostDakka
Dont look at it as a pattern.a Look only at next circle and focusa only on it. There is no tricka to it, its just hard to get used to.
Bauxe

FlyingKebab wrote:

Atama no Taisou/Rainbow Dash Likes Girls/Airman difficult to complete
Atama yes, other two, no.

Don't read them as patterns, read them as separate notes. Snap to the separate notes instead of doing rounded movement.

This shit is harder than it sounds though, I still can't do it.
Zare
What makes Atama's squares hard is not the pattern in particular, it's just the ridiculous spacing.
When you reach a certain point, the pattern something is mapped in means less and less to you. If you can read it completely, what matters the most is the spacing and speed, really.

Sure there's some patterns with really weird angles that are somewhat hard to snap on, but that's all just a matter of practice
play Eighto for 1000 times, then you dont need to care about any kind of pattern anymore
Topic Starter
FlyingKebab

Zare wrote:

play Eighto for 1000 times, then you dont need to care about any kind of pattern anymore
Since i don't mind playing maps like that i will give it a look. (The more i play maps like: Big Black, Scarlet Rose, Atama no Taisou, Everything Will Freeze, Rainbow Dash, Airman, Freedom Dive, Image Material Version O, Talent Shredder, the more i realize that the actual skill ceiling for the hardest maps isn't inhumanly big).

EDIT: Dude.... that is quite the map.
Zare
No no no
you got me wrong

LOL
That was more of a general advice for when you're actually skileld enough to think about maps like Atama
in your current situation you're better of just ignoring maps of that level
Stick to stuff that's close to your limit or slightly above them to push yourself further
playing 7 star apeshit hardcore maps will not help you at rank 90k lol
Topic Starter
FlyingKebab
I don't really mind playing maps like that because i run each of them at least once a day. I just like to play that way. If i feel that i have become good enough for some 4 star maps then i just try to FC them to get some PP but my main playground is 5 star section atm. I understand that accuracy is directly proportionate to reading ability in the essence that if you can read a map easily then you have enough time to focus on the song itself to get 300's. IMO playing 3.5/4.0 star maps in my eyes i just nothing more than PP farming.

EDIT: I remember when i first started out with NF Insanes i started keeping an average Accuracy i would get on the majority of maps i played which has progressed from 15% to 35% to 50% to about 60-70% now. Even though i am playing maps that are VERY out of my league i have learned to: Read more complex jumps, react faster to higher AR, stream faster and more accurately, START TO STOP BRAKING SLIDER MIDWAY (i still have this problem tbh and it kills me every time), make my general reading ability better. These maps have also pushed me to start single tapping instead of alternating (Because i had a bad habit of mashing with alternation, although that helped me with faster stream speeds)
YukinoDesuDesu
you're doing the same thing i was doing, be aware you'll end up with trash acc/random errors this way.
Topic Starter
FlyingKebab

Asiangodx2 wrote:

you're doing the same thing i was doing, be aware you'll end up with trash acc/random errors this way.
I can get over 90% accuracy in my comfort zone maps so accuracy is note a problem if i can read a map easily and i am not really worried about that at all.
MostDakka
90% acc is low. try aiming for atleast 95% for starters. You should end up with acc of ~98% on maps which you can fc on one/few tries.
winber1
now with the new decimal settings, you could potentially try using high AR first then slowly decreasing to whatever the map AR is (generally 9) and practicing that way. generally higher ar makes patterns that are awkward to play easier.
sayonara_sekai
yeah I feel liek shit if I get anything less than 96-97% in my 'comfort zone'. (unless its a 2009 map)
GoldenWolf

FlyingKebab wrote:

I can get over 90% accuracy in my comfort zone maps so accuracy is note a problem if i can read a map easily and i am not really worried about that at all.
90% is trash tho
winber1
there is only one accuracy that can be considered good: 100%
GoldenWolf

winber1 wrote:

there is only one accuracy that can be considered good: 100%
I agree!
Zare
in fact, 90% implies a lot of breaks, 50s and misses
in such scores, talking about accuracy is redundant anyway, because it only really matters in FCs or really close-to-FC-scores
Topic Starter
FlyingKebab
GoldenWolf somehow reminds me of one of my teachers who has an interesting personality: Act friendly and good but if i see the chance i will stab you in the back with a 3m steel pike. But maybe that is just me *giggle*. Anyways i am sure my accuracy will improve over time. I have only played for 3 weeks (Because i was in England/Scotland for 2 weeks after the first week of Osu). I don't expect to FC 98% 4 Star Insanes in 3 weeks tbh.

EDIT: Maybe it is just your avatar i dunno. But you give of that vibe to me for some reason :<.
Zare
the point is you should learn to >98% 3 star hard maps before attempting to do the same on Insanes
MostDakka
I know its boring to play 100 bpm ar7 3 stars but if you dont master the basics it will bite you later.
show more