forum

about playstyle

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tmkk
Hi, I have some doubts regarding my playstyle. I singletap with M1 and stream with K1+K2, so all the time I have to choose whether to use mouse or keyboard. I can do it pretty well while playing ar9 or even ar9.6 (not prefectly, but still), nevertheless my goal is to be good at hr(+hd) and high ar seems to be a problem. Almost everytime there is a stream (even triple) and I don't know it will be there (I mean I didn't memorize it) I usually press M1 and right after that, when I realize it's actually a stream, I press K2/K1/K2, which follows terrible accuracy. I hope you understand the problem.

Do you think I should just play different maps with hr and I will eventually learn how to play ar10 properly (I was doing it for some time, but I don't see improvement) or maybe I should change the way I play? I don't want to stop singletapping with mouse, but I was thinking that maybe learning to play like PeaChick does is an option.

Btw. is there any good player who plays like me?

Thanks for help.
Gumpy
Just become better at reading the game.
Zare
sounds like a fun playstyle, not even kidding

anyway, you'd have similar problems getting into high AR even with more common playstyles so all you can and should do is really practice those high ARs more
once you can read them more properly, "choosing" kb or mouse should come more natural as you should understand more easily what kind of rhythm patterns are coming up
KagamiHRS
Are you absolutely sure following pro players playstyle of your choice will be your best chance of improvement?

Don't put HR on AR8 or AR9 maps yet. (Too much AR) Instead practice AR9.6. But it's normal regardless of playstyle.

I play with mouse+keyboard, using only keyboard to normally singletap 1/2 and alternate on triples/streams or when appropriate with K1/K2/K1.
Sophia
I'd suggest using HR anyway since HR is a nice mod to learn.
Try doing some more maps that contain doubles/triples and eventually you're gonna read them fine.

Tmkk wrote:

I recall watching someone on youtube with a playstyle that sounds identical. If memory serves me right, he eventually started using tablet + keyboard (no longer tapping.)

Actually, just found it, his name is Salochin. Video below.

koromo

Tmkk wrote:

White Lolita plays like this and has plenty of HR and DT scores.
heybrosup
probably just a reading problem since there isn't the problem when playing ar9, i play the same way and the reason i can't do it is because i can't read ar10 as comfortably as ar9.
lolcubes
When I played this game, I used to play like that. Biggest advantage is huge stamina because you can play with both hands, but unless you practice streams all the time (and alternating), super fast maps or super streamy maps will become a problem.
Just play how you find it most fun, but keyboard only is probably the best way to play in the long run if you ask me.
Zare

lolcubes wrote:

unless you practice streams all the time (and alternating), super fast maps or super streamy maps will become a problem.
It's not like singletapping with keyboard makes you get better stream or alternating skills with keyboard
at least in my cases, there's close to no relation between these different tasts my fingers have to pull off
lolcubes
Yes, but if you play 75% of the map with your right hand, your other hand will lack training in general, since you don't need to singletap with your left hand.
The only instance when I used my left hand was when I was alternating everything or when I was playing streams. Those two really needed a lot more practice than normal because you simply didn't use that hand that much.