forum

Will I get banned?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tony -_-
I love to play easy/normal maps and try to get as best a rank as possible. I just find that more fun then playing other hard/insane maps. My friends keep saying i'm going to get banned because they say i'm just doing it to get pp. I'm not though, i actually don't have very many pp. Do you think I will get banned?
Kouya-
-__-

Of course you will ! Joking .

(No, that's stupid .)
Topic Starter
Tony -_-
Vuelo Eluko
please use common sense
AegisFTW
If that was true then Woobowiz would have a lot of bans already.

Tell your friends you don't get PP for playing easy/normal maps since they are too easy.

Jesus Christ I don't even why is this even a thread?
autofanboy
no
Rewben2
Yes. Playing the game will get you banned.

What?
Topic Starter
Tony -_-
Sorry for being kinda stupid, thank you all.
Topic Starter
Tony -_-
My friend is still saying thats it's boosting? So sorry, but is it?
GoldenWolf
geezus, unfriend him right away and play the game the way you want without someone telling you what you shouldn't play...
Topic Starter
Tony -_-
Thanks, sorry for being annoying.
winber1
kick him in the balls
Sey
Can someone lock this nonsense now?
Vuelo Eluko
your friend is probably jealous that you're higher rank [and a better player] because hes one of those kids who think they should be ranked higher than someone like you who has modded normals on their top ranks because of their scarlet rose/big black nofail scores and airman relax but in reality they have no clue how to play.

this is seriously how im picturing this 'friend' of yours. stop taking him so seriously. and use a little common sense like i said.

GoldenWolf wrote:

geezus, unfriend him right away and play the game the way you want without someone telling you what you shouldn't play...
this
vexsu

Riince wrote:

your friend is probably jealous that you're higher rank [and a better player] because hes one of those kids who think they should be ranked higher than someone like you who has modded normals on their top ranks because of their scarlet rose/big black nofail scores and airman relax but in reality they have no clue how to play.

this is seriously how im picturing this 'friend' of yours. stop taking him so seriously. and use a little common sense like i said.

GoldenWolf wrote:

this
I'm that, "friend" that he is talking about. Honestly, I don't think that I'm good at the game, or bad, I don't compare myself to anyone. I'm not jealous that he gets high ranks on easy maps, and I don't want to try doing it. However, the reason why I don't want him to play easy maps is because I don't want him not being able to play hard maps anymore. I mean, if he plays hard maps a tad more often then I wouldn't mind him playing easy maps and I don't want him left behind because now I play insane maps with a friend, and I want him to play as well, too bad he can't... So that's why I don't want him to play easy maps, and another friend told me that you could get banned for boosting but now I've realised that you can't. Wasn't trying to start an argument until Tony decided to put it on the forums.
Illkryn

HypoNinjo wrote:

I'm that, "friend" that he is talking about. Honestly, I don't think that I'm good at the game, or bad, I don't compare myself to anyone. I'm not jealous that he gets high ranks on easy maps, and I don't want to try doing it. However, the reason why I don't want him to play easy maps is because I don't want him not being able to play hard maps anymore. I mean, if he plays hard maps a tad more often then I wouldn't mind him playing easy maps and I don't want him left behind because now I play insane maps with a friend, and I want him to play as well, too bad he can't... So that's why I don't want him to play easy maps, and another friend told me that you could get banned for boosting but now I've realised that you can't. Wasn't trying to start an argument until Tony decided to put it on the forums.

Let the man do what he wants.
You can get banned for being boosted by another player (probably) but playing easy maps isn't boosting lmao.

I can replace your friend if you're doing multi 8^)
Vuelo Eluko

HypoNinjo wrote:

you can be banned for boosting. boosting as in playing on someone else's account to raise their rank artificially. either you interpreted it wrong or there's a serious case of misinformation going around

also, you can't get worse at the game by playing easier maps. if you were once able to play hard maps that's not a skill that goes away just because you're playing easier ones. i can multi with my irl friends and play modless easy/normals for hours and instantly go back to my favorite map without even having to warm back up.

the concern of not progressing in skill to higher difficulty maps is a real concern if you play easy/normals, but not being able to play hard maps "anymore" is a bit ridiculous. could have done without the fear mongering and what seemed like rank envy to get him to play harder maps...
Oinari-sama
Account sharing is ban-able.

Multi-account is ban-able.

Challenging yourself is ok as long as you don't break the rules.