forum

Advice for a guy not getting any better

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VietNuhMeez
Hey everyone. I've been playing osu! on and off for about a year. Recently though, I've been playing it for a couple of hours everyday. Right now, I'm playing pretty much all hard beatmaps and I can play lots of insanes too. However, I've been sitting at this skill level for about a month. Hard is starting to get kinda slow and boring, but lots of insane maps are still out of my reach. I've been playing so many insane maps lately and I keep failing all of them. I know practice makes perfect, but I feel helpless and i don't seem to be getting any better ;_; what should I do?

Note: I switched to a tablet recently too and my skills with tablet are up to par with my mouse skills. I also obviously use Z/X instead of clicking.
Kebiin
there is no way that is your peak skill level your top rank is like 22 pp...
Kouya-
Uhm, first this topic should've been in Gameplay & Rankings ~

And you can never reach your peak skill level, you'll always keep improving, no matter what .

Play hard on DoubleTime, or play Insane on no fail, if you're having trouble with that difficulty .

Kebiin wrote:

there is no way that is your peak skill level your top rank is like 22 pp...
piruchan
You get B and C on hard diffs, no way that is your peak skill level.

Just play more.
Topic Starter
VietNuhMeez
Ok maybe i just worded that poorly. I'm not at my peak skill level, I just meant to say i don't feel like i'm getting any better no hard i try.
nrl
You've got 2655 plays. That's literally nothing. Just play more and you'll improve.
Topic Starter
VietNuhMeez

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

You've got 2655 plays. That's literally nothing. Just play more and you'll improve.
Alright. What I took in from all of this is i haven't played enough. Sorry for posting in the wrong place and sorry for bothering you guys. I'll practice more and get better. Thanks.
Gumpy
Practice.
ixsq
Keep clicking those beats. Full combos and perfects in no time. Well, a lot of time.
B1rd
get full combos. misses are not acceptable. S or quit.
MimiliaaMyMommy
Martell_old_1
I'M NOT THE BEST AT HAVING THE WORST TIMESPENT:SKILL RATIO ANYMORE
YAAAAY
I'VE BEEN BEATEN EVEN IN THIS

Play more, I guess? You didn't hit your cap yet.
DansGame
You should focus on playing maps that you like and keep retrying them untill you get the desired rank.
e.g. I always retry a map untill i'm happy with how i passed, i keep retrying and retrying all over again untill i get what i want, if i fail within 50+ retries i try to calm down and play "a bit" easier map than the one i played.
You are playing osu for a year now i guess and the only advice i'm going to say is you should just play more untill you do something perfect.
If you have a lot of free time than this is going to be easy for you. Start playing maps that you cannot imagine of passing and play them over and over again, and then get back to to maps that you just need a bit more to pass and you will pass them for sure. There are literally dozens of maps for improving like single tap, streaming, jumps and all the stuff you can imagine.
Keep clicking circles & have fun m8!
leepdesu
I believe in you. Just practice and don't give up. Watch how others play and see if that helps you.
deletemyaccount
With the new star difficulty system, it really shouldn't be difficult to find suitable maps to play at your skill level. Check the "recommended difficulty" tab in the beatmaps section if you don't have many downloaded.

Good luck and keep at it, Rome wasn't built in a day.