(mod will come within 2 days)
I'm in the mood to mod now lol.
Bold: Fix quickly/unrankable stuff
Red: Highly recommend
- 00:08:889 (1,1) - I recommend you set whistles instead of claps at the end of these sliders, as claps sound considerably loud when you compare it to the music which is still weak and calm at this point. Yep changed
- 00:23:111 (1,2,3,1) - Not sure why note density is increasing here, but the actual problem is also the 00:24:444 (2) - offbeat slider here that ends on a strong beat - that should be clickable. Try the following:Yep changed
- 00:49:777 - Unnecessary green line Removed
- 00:26:666 (1) - The whistle on the whole sliderbody feels really strange, it doesn't seem to follow anything in the track properly. Delete it. Yep your right removed
- 00:28:444 - You should play a bit over this section, as the gap feels really awkward considering the instruments still have a strong presence at this point. Consider doing the following rhythm to fill it out:
http://puu.sh/ezrIH/8bb7a1d690.jpg . This also ensures consistency throughout all the diffs in the set.
- 00:42:666 (1) - Delete finish on reverse, there's no cymbal here. Switch with a soft-whistle instead. If you do so, you could add whistle on the sliderend of 00:44:444 (2) - and the reverse-arrow of 00:46:222 (1) - as well. Yep agreed and changed
- 00:48:000 - Putting in a finisher to emphasize the piano is not a good decision, try soft-whistle instead. (like above) Yep your right
- 00:48:888 - There should be a beat here. Sure
- 00:52:444 (5) - Clap on sliderstart as well for consistent clap pattern in the combo. Agreed and added
- 00:53:333 (1) - Delete the finish on this sliderend, there's no cymbal at this point.Removed
- 01:02:222 (2) - Might be preference, but i found the flow transition between the previous and this slider awkward for the fact that it's too straight sliders. Curving the second one a bit to the left feels better while playing: http://puu.sh/ezt2T/ecd05e9ab1.jpg
Not realy a preferance also I like your idea so changed
- 01:07:555 (1) - I'd rather prefer it if you switch this out with two 1/1 beat sliders or Mao's suggestion, this spinner really doesn't reflect anything in the music too well. mmk changed
- 01:12:888 (3,4,5)- Would be really neat if you would switch this out with this instead: http://puu.sh/eztWb/02c2f2d315.jpg for consistency with 01:14:666 (1,2,3,4) - . changed thanks.
- 01:16:444 (4,1) - Blanket?Yes :3
- 01:20:000 (4) - Delete the reverse and set a beat on 01:21:777 - instead. This one has a strong presence in the music and should be played, not just followed. Agreed changed
- Needs improvement on rhythm and structure.
- 00:08:889 (1) - Mind Ctrl+J and repositioning this slider? it's pretty close to 00:11:111 (3) - and doesn't look too great. Sure and your right it doesent look good :3
- Might be just me, but the normal-hitwhistle at the beginning sound really annoying for this part of the song, e.g. at 00:11:111 (3,4) - 00:14:222 (2) -
Changed to soft Sampleset
- 00:15:333 (3,4,1) - Could be aligned better: http://puu.sh/ezwe5/06cab4aada.jpg Changed
- 00:18:444 (4,1) - Not parallel? Should be now
- 00:20:222 (2,3) - Whistle should be on 3's sliderstart, not 2 Changed
- 00:23:111 (1) - Curve this down as well for a neater-looking pattern and smoother transition: http://puu.sh/ezwzH/c521ddbb89.jpg
Yep you are right changed
- 00:25:777 (7) - Put soft-clap instead of normal-clap, just as 00:24:888 (5) - Added
- 00:32:888 (6) - Delete whistle on sliderend, it doesn't fit in to the eguitar. Removed
- 00:33:777 (1) - Delete whistle on sliderstart, you use it only once at the start of this section which is kinda strange decision, so please delete it. Yep deleted.
- 00:34:666 (2,3,4) - Transition could be better: http://puu.sh/ezxZv/42e77db984.jpg Should be now
- 00:39:111 (4) - Curve this a bit? It just feels more consistent because these longer 1/1 beat sliders follow the e-guitar http://puu.sh/ezy8p/0ec6ee7afe.jpg Curved
- 00:40:888 (1,3) - At least delete the whistles on 1's sliderend and 3, there's way too many here.
- 00:43:333 (2,1,2,1) - Feels a bit empty, you could build this out a bit more: http://puu.sh/ezzs9/c3d779c0f1.jpg
Delete the NC 00:44:444 (1) - here if you do so. Agreed and filled.
Also, I don't see reason why this section is filled with finish HS on every beat. There's nothing you need to emphasise in the music here to have such a strong hitsound at the beats.
- 00:50:666 (2) - 00:52:444 (6) - 00:54:222 (2) - 00:56:444 (2) - Delete finish. Deleted
Just speaking in general: Don't spam the finish hitsound, it's only there to emphasise beats that have a very strong presence in the music and using it for every single beat makes it become really dull.
This problem is especially notable on the whole kiai section as well where you set it like on every 2nd beat. Remember, you have whistles and claps to support the strong beats of the music already, this shouldn't be the way you use finish HS.
- Another problem in the kiai section are these repetitive slider/circle/circle patterns at the first half of the kiai. Here's some suggestion you might want to consider to solve this issue:
- 00:58:666 (4,5) - Merge to a Backslider Done
- 01:00:444 (1,2,3) - Try this rhythm out instead: http://puu.sh/ezBtD/91f2677da7.jpg Done
- 01:03:111 (5,6) - Merge into a slider. Done
- 01:04:000 (1,2,3) - ^ Keeping this as it is sorry :/
- 01:10:222 (5,1) - You could blanket this properly :/ Done
- 01:14:222 (7,8,1) - This is pretty evil for a normal diff, space all out equally with 0.80 and don't stack Mybe I am evil anyway changed
- 01:18:222 (1,2) - Don't stack, make a triangle instead: http://puu.sh/ezBKT/63fe252084.jpg It's easier to read and way more confortable to play at this point. Iluminati confirmed.... Anyway changed
- Good approaches, but I want to see improvements on hitsounds and structure.
Thanks for the mod!
Hope this helps in some way. This set still needs refinement in my eyes.
Call me up again when you think it's ready (1-2 mods more).