(mod will come within 2 days)
I'm in the mood to mod now lol.
Bold: Fix quickly/unrankable stuff
Red: Highly recommend
- 00:08:889 (1,1) - I recommend you set whistles instead of claps at the end of these sliders, as claps sound considerably loud when you compare it to the music which is still weak and calm at this point.
- 00:23:111 (1,2,3,1) - Not sure why note density is increasing here, but the actual problem is also the 00:24:444 (2) - offbeat slider here that ends on a strong beat - that should be clickable. Try the following:
- 00:49:777 - Unnecessary green line
- 00:26:666 (1) - The whistle on the whole sliderbody feels really strange, it doesn't seem to follow anything in the track properly. Delete it.
- 00:28:444 - You should play a bit over this section, as the gap feels really awkward considering the instruments still have a strong presence at this point. Consider doing the following rhythm to fill it out:
http://puu.sh/ezrIH/8bb7a1d690.jpg . This also ensures consistency throughout all the diffs in the set.
- 00:42:666 (1) - Delete finish on reverse, there's no cymbal here. Switch with a soft-whistle instead. If you do so, you could add whistle on the sliderend of 00:44:444 (2) - and the reverse-arrow of 00:46:222 (1) - as well.
- 00:48:000 - Putting in a finisher to emphasize the piano is not a good decision, try soft-whistle instead. (like above)
- 00:48:888 - There should be a beat here.
- 00:52:444 (5) - Clap on sliderstart as well for consistent clap pattern in the combo.
- 00:53:333 (1) - Delete the finish on this sliderend, there's no cymbal at this point.
- 01:02:222 (2) - Might be preference, but i found the flow transition between the previous and this slider awkward for the fact that it's too straight sliders. Curving the second one a bit to the left feels better while playing: http://puu.sh/ezt2T/ecd05e9ab1.jpg
- 01:07:555 (1) - I'd rather prefer it if you switch this out with two 1/1 beat sliders or Mao's suggestion, this spinner really doesn't reflect anything in the music too well.
- 01:12:888 (3,4,5) - Would be really neat if you would switch this out with this instead: http://puu.sh/eztWb/02c2f2d315.jpg for consistency with 01:14:666 (1,2,3,4) - .
- 01:16:444 (4,1) - Blanket?
- 01:20:000 (4) - Delete the reverse and set a beat on 01:21:777 - instead. This one has a strong presence in the music and should be played, not just followed.
- Needs improvement on rhythm and structure.
- 00:08:889 (1) - Mind Ctrl+J and repositioning this slider? it's pretty close to 00:11:111 (3) - and doesn't look too great.
- Might be just me, but the normal-hitwhistle at the beginning sound really annoying for this part of the song, e.g. at 00:11:111 (3,4) - 00:14:222 (2) -
- 00:15:333 (3,4,1) - Could be aligned better: http://puu.sh/ezwe5/06cab4aada.jpg
- 00:18:444 (4,1) - Not parallel?
- 00:20:222 (2,3) - Whistle should be on 3's sliderstart, not 2
- 00:23:111 (1) - Curve this down as well for a neater-looking pattern and smoother transition: http://puu.sh/ezwzH/c521ddbb89.jpg
- 00:25:777 (7) - Put soft-clap instead of normal-clap, just as 00:24:888 (5) -
- 00:32:888 (6) - Delete whistle on sliderend, it doesn't fit in to the eguitar.
- 00:33:777 (1) - Delete whistle on sliderstart, you use it only once at the start of this section which is kinda strange decision, so please delete it.
- 00:34:666 (2,3,4) - Transition could be better: http://puu.sh/ezxZv/42e77db984.jpg
- 00:39:111 (4) - Curve this a bit? It just feels more consistent because these longer 1/1 beat sliders follow the e-guitar http://puu.sh/ezy8p/0ec6ee7afe.jpg
- 00:40:888 (1,3) - At least delete the whistles on 1's sliderend and 3, there's way too many here.
- 00:43:333 (2,1,2,1) - Feels a bit empty, you could build this out a bit more: http://puu.sh/ezzs9/c3d779c0f1.jpg
Delete the NC 00:44:444 (1) - here if you do so.
Also, I don't see reason why this section is filled with finish HS on every beat. There's nothing you need to emphasise in the music here to have such a strong hitsound at the beats.
- 00:50:666 (2) - 00:52:444 (6) - 00:54:222 (2) - 00:56:444 (2) - Delete finish.
Just speaking in general: Don't spam the finish hitsound, it's only there to emphasise beats that have a very strong presence in the music and using it for every single beat makes it become really dull.
This problem is especially notable on the whole kiai section as well where you set it like on every 2nd beat. Remember, you have whistles and claps to support the strong beats of the music already, this shouldn't be the way you use finish HS.
- Another problem in the kiai section are these repetitive slider/circle/circle patterns at the first half of the kiai. Here's some suggestion you might want to consider to solve this issue:
- 00:58:666 (4,5) - Merge to a Backslider.
- 01:00:444 (1,2,3) - Try this rhythm out instead: http://puu.sh/ezBtD/91f2677da7.jpg
- 01:03:111 (5,6) - Merge into a slider.
- 01:04:000 (1,2,3) - ^
- 01:10:222 (5,1) - You could blanket this properly :/
- 01:14:222 (7,8,1) - This is pretty evil for a normal diff, space all out equally with 0.80 and don't stack
- 01:18:222 (1,2) - Don't stack, make a triangle instead: http://puu.sh/ezBKT/63fe252084.jpg It's easier to read and way more confortable to play at this point.
- Good approaches, but I want to see improvements on hitsounds and structure.
- 00:10:666 (4,5,6) - Whistle on sliderends of the first two and whistle on reverse-arrow of 6.
- 00:20:444 (3) - 00:26:222 (7) - Whistle on start.
- 00:24:666 (4) - Delete whistle. It'd make more sense to put the whistle on sliderend of 00:23:777 (2) -
- 00:24:888 (5) - Whistle on end.
- 00:32:888 (4,5,6) - Decreasing the spacing to 1.0xDS here would be more confortable to play and you did it for the rest of the map as well.
- 00:36:444 (4,5,6) - Transition to the next combo is not so good, make it smoother. Also check out the spacing between here:
- 00:38:111 (5) - Delete. Needed for consistency with 00:35:333 (6) -
- 00:39:555 (3) - Curve this less.
- 00:46:222 (1) - End this on the next white tick. It might fit to the vocal, but considering that you did the same for 00:42:666 (1) - , this is the better decision.
- 00:48:000 (5) - Delete finish here, there's nothing that needs such a strong emphasis here (not even the piano)
- 00:54:666 (1) - You could add two red anchors to the slider to 'simulate' the drums: http://puu.sh/ezFex/8cda40d509.jpg
- 01:05:777 (4) - Make this end on the next white tick to follow the vocal.
- 01:11:777 (3) - Would switch this off with a circle and slider.
- 01:13:555 (8) - Switch with two circles, this slider ends on a relatively strong beat that should be clickable imo.
- 01:18:222 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Why is this spammed with finish HS? ._. I don't wanna repeat myself concerning finish HS like in kristi's diffs, so i'll just point out:
- 01:18:222 (1) - Delete on sliderend.
- 01:19:111 (3) - Delete on sliderstart and sliderend.
- Needs better hitsounds and some rhythm improvements, it should be fine then. I'm also not sure about some sliderpatterns, namely 00:35:555 (1,2,3) - 00:39:111 (1,2,3) - , these doesn't look and play very neat.
Been a while since the marathon i modded for ya. Hi /
What are these random number SV changes lol.
- I don't think you need the 's for Kenterz in diff name, but w/e.
- 00:09:555 (2) - Switch drum and auto-sampleset on both sides, i'm pretty sure 00:09:778 - should be the silent note.
- 00:11:333 (4,5) - Soft-sampleset on sliderend of 4 and auto-sampleset on 5 instead?
- 00:13:111 (2) - Normal-sampleset on sliderstart?
- 00:14:888 (4) - Soft-sampleset on sliderend.
- 00:16:888 (3) - ^
- 00:18:444 (4) - ^, on reverse-arrow.
- 00:28:333 (4,1,2) - Musically, it'd make more sense to put the 'jump' between 4-1 than 1-2: http://puu.sh/ezHu5/145a169b87.jpg
- 00:32:888 (1,1) - Trifle: This is not parallel.
- 00:37:111 (4) - Switch with a 1/4 slider and circle instead? http://puu.sh/ezHMb/663a1cb1ca.jpg
- 00:43:111 (3) - Would switch with two circles, there's a relatively strong beat at where this slider ends.
- 00:48:000 (1) - Circle instead of slider? Idk, that slider doesn't seem to follow piano thaat well, but this is up to you.
- 00:52:777 (2) - Should be 1/2 actually, but i guess you put it in to lift up pressure, so feel free to decline.
- 00:57:222 (2) - Delete clap on sliderend, there's nothing to emphasise in the track.
- 01:13:777 (4) - NC here.
- 01:21:111 (4,5) - It feels more comfortable if you'd merge this into one slider for the vocal.
[Fatfan Kolek's Insane]
- 00:27:555 (8) - 00:28:000 (5) - NC hier dransetzen, die Combo wirkt sonst zu groß und auch, weil du hier die SV's für den Stream vergrößerst..
Ab hier sollte außerdem schon ein signifikanter Volumenunterschied zu hören sein, die Musik wird intensiver ab hier. Setz eine Greenline mit 50% Volume hier und erhöhe sie um 10% für die nächste Combo (ist sowieso viel zu gering für diese)
- 00:28:444 (1) - Und dann plötzlich stack Idk, wäre glaub ich gut wenn du es mit 0.9x oder 1.0xDS spaced.
- 00:29:000 (2) - Ctrl+g?
- 00:30:222 (1,2,3) - Zu viele Whistles hier. Wenn du genauer hinhörst, brauchst du whistles eigentlich nur an 00:30:222 - 00:30:555 - 00:30:888 -
Mal zum Ausprobieren: Setz mal alle restlichen Beats hier auf Soft-Sampleset und schau, wie es dir passt. Normal-HS sind meiner Meinung nach zu laut für diesen Part, da dieser nur vom Piano untermalt wird und mit soft-sampleset hast du viel weichere Beats, die auch besser passen.
Das selbe Prinzip auf 00:31:111 (1,2,3) - anwenden.
- 00:33:333 (6) - NC setzen für SV change!
- 00:33:777 - Reduzier vielleicht mal bitte die Whistles so, dass nur auf 1/2 Beats Whistles zu hören sind, sie alle auf 1/4 zu spammen, nur um der E-Gitarre besser zu folgen ist nicht so toll anzuhören. x(
- 00:45:888 - Beat hier setzen?
- 01:02:000 (1,3) - NC auf 3 erst?
- Deine Streamspacings wirken etwas willkürlich für mich in der Kiai. Manchmal spaced du sie 0.70, 0.65, 0.60, 0.40 oder manchmal gar nicht. Ich weiß nicht, ich seh kein wirkliches System dahinter.
- 01:08:888 (1,5) - NC auf 5 erst. Selbes bei 01:10:666 (1,5) - 01:12:666 (1,3) - 01:14:222 (1,5) -
- 01:20:000 (1,2,3,4) - Hmm... ich weiß nicht recht. Als schwerste Diff würde ich nicht nur den Vocals hier folgen, sondern auch die starken Beats bei 01:20:888 - 01:21:777 - beachten. http://puu.sh/ezNux/f39089ad97.jpg
- Hmm, schwer zu sagen, ist eigentlich ein ziemlich interessanter Stil. Sollte in Ordnung sein.
Hope this helps in some way. This set still needs refinement in my eyes.
Call me up again when you think it's ready (1-2 mods more).