forum

Important Taiko Request. [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
MMzz
Sorry if this has been posted before but I want this to get out there.

If you haven't noticed people have been complaining of so called "hacked" taiko scores, Due to the scores being way higher than the others. This is partially due to mouse play.

When using the mouse to play songs on taiko, you hit all the x2 or "Finisher" notes, with only hitting the one side of the drum, located on the mouse.

Another reason to the complaints:
x2 Notes inside, or at the end/begining of Rolls (Trills, Thrills whatever you want to call them.) of the timing 1/4 and above. (1/4 - 1/6 - 1/8)

If you have ever played Taiko you will notice if your in the middle of a roll, you can't just stop to use both fingers on x2 note to get those points. Even if you can it will most likely be an inaccurate hit, resulting in less points you would get then just hitting the note the normal way.

BUT! If you using the mouse on that roll, as long as you started the roll with the correct finger you will hit that x2 note completely resulting in more points for you, and an unfair advantage against other players.

I'll admit I have used mouse to get first on songs, but I stopped awhile ago, and actually try to obtain my first place, instead of bettering my chances with the mouse.

Solution:
We take out the x2 notes on the mouse. Taking out the whole mouse feature would be a bad idea, I know players who learned to play using the mouse as their right side.

When a finisher is placed in a 1/4 or higher roll, in the taiko play mode it will be removed and replaced as a normal note. (Can still obtain the finisher sounds I don't care)

This will bring more authenticity to the Taiko game play, since inside Taiko no tatsujin, there are no x2 inside/start/finish these rolls.

Thanks for your time. :P
Malajax
Support, support, support! It's really annoying to hit those notes on keyboard by itself, but having to do it in a roll... ugh.

Not to mention I got an SS on a song only to still lose in multiplayer due to these 2x notes in rolls.
Dusty
Are you talking about big-circle rolls?

I'm pretty sure you can just alternate like normal rolls and you still get 720/tap.
Topic Starter
MMzz

Dusty wrote:

Are you talking about big-circle rolls?

I'm pretty sure you can just alternate like normal rolls and you still get 720/tap.
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/34211
Here go try :P
peppy
Hmm this does in fact make sense. The problem is that even if this is removed, the truth of the matter is that it is way too easy for people to just macro pressing both keys at the same time...
Dusty
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zekira

peppy wrote:

Hmm this does in fact make sense. The problem is that even if this is removed, the truth of the matter is that it is way too easy for people to just macro pressing both keys at the same time...
Hm, point taken, but with the endless limitations of macro'ing, even keyboards can be made to get 2 presses with 1 key :|

Yeah that thing about macros is a bit of a problem though...
youngdow
I disagree

playing taiko with mouse to get x2 point is abililty.

I can play better with only keyboard, but I'm practicing using mouse to get x2 points.

I think we should change the system to get x2 score without hitting keyboard with two hands with pressing both key when we hit x2 note
(like arcade taiko)
mm201
Wouldn't macros be easy to spot in a replay because the presses occur at the exact same instant?

Ban hackers for sketchy replays, just like in osu! standard.
Zekira
MM: because the presses occur at the exact same instant?
Actually that's the whole point; in Taiko, you DO have to press simultaneous, that's why it's harder to spot. Even some of my replays exhibit double-presses happening simultaneous rather than the usual two-big-notes-appear-almost-on-top-of-each-other, and I'm playing on mono-keyboard.

yd: but I'm practicing using mouse to get x2 points.
I'm assuming you don't feel comfortable pressing two keys at the same time? Because IMO I got used to pressing simultaneous keys really quick... And even if the game shows two-big-notes-appear-almost-on-top-of-each-other rather than a big note, it still has the same score value as a big note so... ah w/e.
mm201

Zekira wrote:

Actually that's the whole point; in Taiko, you DO have to press simultaneous, that's why it's harder to spot. Even some of my replays exhibit double-presses happening simultaneous rather than the usual two-big-notes-appear-almost-on-top-of-each-other, and I'm playing on mono-keyboard.
But not during the exact same frame every single time.

Cheaters can be caught provided we stop counting mouse clicks as doubles.
Topic Starter
MMzz

youngdow wrote:

I disagree

playing taiko with mouse to get x2 point is abililty.

I can play better with only keyboard, but I'm practicing using mouse to get x2 points.

I think we should change the system to get x2 score without hitting keyboard with two hands with pressing both key when we hit x2 note
(like arcade taiko)
youngdow you should know playing with mouse is really no different as the keys. I play the same with mouse as keys.
Besides the point if this were fixed, Taiko will be more realistic to the arcades.
Esupanitix
Support, even though I use the keyboard.
ludek
There will always be an option to press 2 keys with one... on mouse or keyboard - macros and other things.

Besides it IS possible to do doublepressing with 2 keys on every note - it's pretty easy when you have a laptop or a netbook (small, fast keys - you can even press them with one finger if your fingers are big enough)
Topic Starter
MMzz
I don't think anyone is seeing the point of just taking away the x2 notes on those certin points I mentioned during the first post? It won't matter if people are macroing then.
Topic Starter
MMzz
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
Something like this appears to have been implemented... although now there's no way at all to hit both sides at once when using the mouse.

My original thought (way back when I suggested taiko mode) was that hitting both mouse buttons together would be used for Big Hits. But that has the problem that there'd be no distinction between red ones and blue ones.
ReachForTheMoon
Well crap.

I dunno, maybe it's my keyboard... but I just can't play Taiko with my keyboard. Especially on those times when the notes go really fast... like there's 6 clustered together or something. My keyboard just cannot register that. My mouse can though... :<

So do I have to switch between my mouse and keyboard?
Topic Starter
MMzz

ReachForTheMoon wrote:

Well crap.

I dunno, maybe it's my keyboard... but I just can't play Taiko with my keyboard. Especially on those times when the notes go really fast... like there's 6 clustered together or something. My keyboard just cannot register that. My mouse can though... :<

No, you can play on mouse now, it doesn't hit both sides anymore.
TomoAlien

MittenMasterzz wrote:

ReachForTheMoon wrote:

Well crap.

No, you can play on mouse now, it doesn't hit both sides anymore.
:roll: But what's the point of playing on a mouse when you can't get a good score?
Zephyr1991
I just had to give up on hitting Big Blue notes. I can hit XC at the same time for the red one's, since im used to using them for drum rolls and fast notes anyways.

Sadly though, a majority of my scores have been dramatically lower.
OzzyOzrock
Why the hell do people play on their mouse anyways? ;;
Zephyr1991
I find that I'm more accurate while using the mouse rather than the ZXCV personally. The only time I need to go to ZXCV is for drum rolls or 16th notes pop up, even then only red 16th notes because I only use XC :/