forum

What the hell is Touhou?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hyouri
According to Google it's a video game that has a new version released like every year.

Anyway that doesn't explain why there are so many songs made for it. I mean the ones I can name now are Bad Apple!!, Little Princess, Any IOSYS song. And the problem is that I can't find any gameplays of those songs in that game... not in English atleast. I'm probably as wrong as it gets.

Could someone help me understand Touhou Project? WTF is it really and why is it (not) so popular and has so many great songs made that are probably more famous than the game itself?
PLEASE

---

On top of that I know the song "Freedom Dive" is from the game "Cytus". I know the artist 'xi' made many other songs but I can't search for "Xi" on the website here, so how do I find other beatmaps with songs from Xi? Or aren't there any? Either way I can't find any results if I search for "xi"
Corin
Perhaps this was the forum you were looking for
OT is the last place you want to ask about frilly hat simulator 2009

This thread is now about neckbeards wearing hats.
Topic Starter
hyouri
That has literally nothing to do with my question, your fedora peasant post was very random and retarded.

Also this is off-topic, I was asking for what Touhou really was. If I knew it was an anime I'd obviously post it there, but it isn't... it's a game. So this is the right section.
Mara
Corin

Mara wrote:

A classic.
Nice meme, m'lady
Mara
I'm sorry, that's the only image I could think of.
Oinari-sama
piruchan

reet po wrote:

What the hell is Touhou?
Greatness. Go check WWW's youtube channel, there are 2 videos of him playing touhou.

reet po wrote:

Also this is off-topic, I was asking for what Touhou really was. If I knew it was an anime I'd obviously post it there, but it isn't... it's a game. So this is the right section.
This is not the right section. According to what google told you, Video Games is the best place to ask this.

reet po wrote:

why is it (not) so popular and has so many great songs made that are probably more famous than the game itself?
Because touhou have some of the best soundtracks.

As for the Xi thing, I believe it's related to the minimum amount of characters for the search function to work. You can try to search for "IA" (the vocaloid) and it won't give any results.
Bweh
Vish024
It's just anime girls shooting stuff all over the screen. Personally I found it hideous when I first checked it out.

AutoMedic
Its about cute girls wearing diaper on their heads
Navizel
it's an anime like vocaloid (◕‿◕✿)
Juuryoushin
ColdTooth
stay away
IppE
Touhou (東方), or the Touhou Project, refers to a series of overhead shooting games created and developed by an alcoholic Japanese pedophile named Zun. First developed for the NEC PC-9801 line of computers, the games are now developed for Windows to better enable total world domination. The Touhou series is a pioneer of the danmaku shooter genre of video games, featuring several elements essential to any good Japanese video game, including rapidly flashing lights, MIDI music and little girls. The characters in Touhou are very static and boring, yet despite this, they are all over the fucking internet, essentially making Touhou the Japanese equivalent of Team Fortress 2. Since its conception, Touhou has done its capitalist nation proud by rapidly becoming the most successful franchise in Asian geekdom since the used tampon industry.
dkun

IppE wrote:

Touhou (東方), or the Touhou Project, refers to a series of overhead shooting games created and developed by an alcoholic Japanese pedophile named Zun. First developed for the NEC PC-9801 line of computers, the games are now developed for Windows to better enable total world domination. The Touhou series is a pioneer of the danmaku shooter genre of video games, featuring several elements essential to any good Japanese video game, including rapidly flashing lights, MIDI music and little girls. The characters in Touhou are very static and boring, yet despite this, they are all over the fucking internet, essentially making Touhou the Japanese equivalent of Team Fortress 2. Since its conception, Touhou has done its capitalist nation proud by rapidly becoming the most successful franchise in Asian geekdom since the used tampon industry.
Let's close it at that.
Wojjan
in after lock
woop woop move over that patchy too flat