forum

Best area for Intuos 480S?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Frc
I have got a tablet recently, and I saw lots of threads about tablet areas (most of them of Bamboo 460), and seeing what people use different tablet areas, i don´t really know how to see what´s the best tablet area for me, i have this currently:

Its only Force Proportions activated, so i don´t know what area i should choose or play with this area because i never used a tablet before D:

Thanks
GoldenWolf
So, you saw lots of threads about tablet area, but I don't quite think you've read any of them.
Because
there
are
no
BEST
tablet
area
Like, it doesn't even make any sense. Just use one you like wtf.
Topic Starter
Frc
The problem i have is making a area for fullscreen makes it impossible because is very hard for me to reach sides and corners (because the USB device for connect it IS VERY VERY SHORT and i can´t, so i´ve tried with windowed but when i adjust the area for fit it in the window the area itself automatically goes to a corner of the monitor and i can´t center it
Vuelo Eluko
in theory the bigger the area the better because more margin for error because you artificially make the circles bigger, but in practice it comes down to your grip and movement. if you cant reach the corners, get a smaller area.
Purple
Force Proportions -> Proporciones de Fuerza

*facepalm* wtf couldn't Wacom hire better english-spanish translators? Geez...

Anyway... the area you should probably use depends on your pen-grip and whether you drag or hover. You may need a smaller area if you hold the pen close to the tip and/or drag. Hovering and holding the pen high will allow you to reach farther and play with a bigger area.

I'd say that if your cursor shakes wildly when you play it means a bigger area would benefit you.
DENKOUSEKKA

GoldenWolf wrote:

Just use one you like wtf.
This is pretty much your answer
Green Platinum
People have different hands, so they require different areas
Topic Starter
Frc
Now i had this area for like one day, and it´s working very well for me, but sometimes i touch the tablet with the pen because im not really used to the tablet.

Blanky
If you want to area of cth-460 or 470 full area, use:
Top: 0
Bottom: 8612
Left: 1572
Right: 13983

I use Windowed resolution 1366x768

But most of the time, use what feels best.
KagamiHRS
Then it's time to actually get used to the new area as it worked for you! Give it at least a week! You're almost there!
...now I bet some responses below would be to increase tablet area. You all say it doesn't matter right? ;)

Important: Disable tablet tap by pressing F10 to not interfere with keyboard taps
GoldenWolf

KagamiHRS wrote:

...now I bet some responses below would be to increase tablet area. You all say it doesn't matter right? ;)
whatever works best for him
Sancteria
I have the exact same tablet, started with the smallest possible area size, after 2 weeks I thought like, wow great works damn pretty well so for.

Then I´ve written with some ppl, suggesting using full area and hover the pen instead of dragging it, WobWoofWolf, rrtyui and most other high geniuses are using the full tablet area and use a small window mode for osu.

It´s tricky the first thew days but I improved my skills like crazy in only 3 days by changing the settings to full area, hovering the pen and using a window with the size 1024x....

just try it out, your accuracy will rise like ryze in low elo hell ;)
GoldenWolf

Sancteria wrote:

just try it out, your accuracy will rise like ryze in low elo hell ;)
except it doesn't exist
Bauxe

KagamiHRS wrote:

Then it's time to actually get used to the new area as it worked for you! Give it at least a week! You're almost there!

Important: Disable tablet tap by pressing F10 to not interfere with keyboard taps
Better yet...
tfg50
I will answer this post with the same thing I answered to this question on the portuguese section.

If you want the PP, it is just
P ersonal
P reference
B1rd

Bauxe wrote:

KagamiHRS wrote:

Better yet...
but if you do that, what do you use to click to select songs, click retry etc?
Dylu l PL

B1rd wrote:

Keyboard? Ctrl+R?
Vuelo Eluko

B1rd wrote:

mouse
B1rd
then I have to actually move my hand off my keyboard over to my mouse and then back to my keyboard again. I will stick to pen.
Bauxe

Riince wrote:

B1rd wrote:

mouse
Yep this. Just gotten used to it over time I guess.
B1rd
you can disable mouse buttons in game and then just double tap with the pen if you want to though.